Question about using boosts and skipping redundant content...

Floplag

Im embarrassed to admit this but i never really cared before as when i did the original stories years ago i did all content on all the toons, but, im replacing some on another server and curiosity got the better of me as i really dont want to redo some parts of the content that never changes.

Lets say i use a datacron to boost to 70, then go thru the original story in its entirety, including all the companion stories dialogs and such... From there nothing changes kill KOTET/KOTFE so everything from Ilum, Makeb, Oricon, Shadow of Revan...

As im doing these new toons i decided to go back thru the stories as a reminder and maybe do a few things different buti really dont want to do it one this group of toons im leveling as it never changes other than light or dark.

So... IF i jump from the end of the base story, straight to KOTET/KOTFE, and jump over all the in between, are all the companion relations and related content intact?

Would it change anything if i skipped all that? Would the "default choices" it warns us about affect or change any of that and override it for example?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about mission and choice-wise, but interactions are different with characters that you would have normally met during those expansions (Lana and Theron, Dr. Oggurobb, etc.) since you won't have that history with them.

Correct, and thank you but the question was more aimed at the original 5 that actually have their own backstories and such.

If you skip to KotFE, the game autocompletes everything except Ilum, Oricon, and Makeb, so every character will acts like you've done it before and you won't be able to go back and do it.

But you won't get any reaction from any companion if you go back and do those 3 after doing KotFE either (I learned the hard way).

Also, I played everything over 10 times and yes, some things always change depending on your choice - not much typically, mind you, but still. It's kept things entertaining enough for me.

Correct, and thank you but the question was more aimed at the original 5 that actually have their own backstories and such.

The other point about companions is that skipped companion stories count as having been done without romances, and Jaesa will be DSJ, and Khem will be Khem.

If you want a skipped-forward Inquisitor to be not Darth Imperius(1), you must at least complete the base class story up to the mission to go to the Fleet and meet the guy about Ilum.

(1) It mostly doesn't matter, but people will greet you by the Darth title that Marr gives you, so if you want people to call you "Darth Occlus" or "Darth Nox", play through the class story.

The other point about companions is that skipped companion stories count as having been done without romances, and Jaesa will be DSJ, and Khem will be Khem.

If you want a skipped-forward Inquisitor to be not Darth Imperius(1), you must at least complete the base class story up to the mission to go to the Fleet and meet the guy about Ilum.

(1) It mostly doesn't matter, but people will greet you by the Darth title that Marr gives you, so if you want people to call you "Darth Occlus" or "Darth Nox", play through the class story.

To be clear, yes, i will complete the base story in its entirety, thatss not what i want to skip. I did however find your Ilum comment interesting though does this somehow lock in the previous?

But from talking to that guy, up thru KATET/KOTFE its basically the same story for all, and repeating it multiple times doesnt excite me. Ive done it all, many times, on the previous server, and i want to jump from the story that matters to the other story that matters while skipping the redundant parts in between.

What's this now? Does meeting the Ilum guy have an impact on the outcome of the class story? In over 90 characters I've not noticed :eek:

Edited by Sarova

To be clear, yes, i will complete the base story in its entirety, thatss not what i want to skip. I did however find your Ilum comment interesting though does this somehow lock in the previous?

Receiving the mission (that is, completing the final bit of the class story before it) is what locks it in. You don't have to then go to the Fleet and meet the guy.

But from talking to that guy, up thru KATET/KOTFE its basically the same story for all, and repeating it multiple times doesnt excite me.

There are a few variations:

* The Imp and Pub stories on Ilum that lead up to the two FPs at the end are closely related, but not exactly the same.

* The Imp and Pub stories on Makeb are quite different, and a Pubside character who does that story will have a different conversation with Oggy when you get to Odessen in KotFE.

* The Rishi story does contain a class-specific mission in the middle, although it strictly speaking isn't *necessary* to continue the story.

But yeah, it's not a wildly compelling set of differences.

Receiving the mission (that is, completing the final bit of the class story before it) is what locks it in. You don't have to then go to the Fleet and meet the guy.

There are a few variations:

* The Imp and Pub stories on Ilum that lead up to the two FPs at the end are closely related, but not exactly the same.

* The Imp and Pub stories on Makeb are quite different, and a Pubside character who does that story will have a different conversation with Oggy when you get to Odessen in KotFE.

* The Rishi story does contain a class-specific mission in the middle, although it strictly speaking isn't *necessary* to continue the story.

But yeah, it's not a wildly compelling set of differences.

Fair enough and true... worth noting if youve never seen them of course. Thank you for pointing that out.