Replace Class Trainers with single Speeder Piloting Trainer and remove Social Vendors

ZealZany

Hello Team!

With the recent updates Combat Styles were introduced, and it is quite okay now to play a Sith Assassin combat style for a Jedi Guardian story line. So, a class is not bound to either faction, or story line anymore.

Moreover, class skills are learnt automatically now with reaching a particular level.

However, a rudiment of "good-ol-times", which is Class Trainers (Jedi Guardian Trainer, Jedi Consular Trainer, Smuggler Trainer and so on) is still there. The only skill, which is still possible to be learnt from them is "Speeder Piloting".

So, why not to remove these confusing guys from the planets and not to replace them with a single "Speeder Piloting Trainer"? :rak_02:

Alternatively, these Class Trainers could be replaced with Class Vendors, providing some items fitting a particular class.

Also, it looks like Social System has been removed from the game, however, Social Items Vendors are still there on some planets, and they do not have any items on sale anymore. So, why not to remove them completely or replcae them with some other vendors?

Please stay healthy and looking forward to hearing from you!

BR

Edited by ZealZany

However, a rudiment of "good-ol-times", which is Class Trainers (Jedi Guardian Trainer, Jedi Consular Trainer, Smuggler Trainer and so on) is still there. The only skill, which is still possible to be learnt from them is "Speeder Piloting".

This isn't true. I've seen them offering actual combat abilities to my characters a number of times. I'm not sure what the trigger is, but none of the ones that have seen this were level 75+ at the time.

This isn't true. I've seen them offering actual combat abilities to my characters a number of times. I'm not sure what the trigger is, but none of the ones that have seen this were level 75+ at the time.

After a second thought, it doesn't sound right at all. Imagine you're playing Sith combat style being a Jedi - where do you have to learn your skill now? There are no Sith Class Trainers in the republic space. Same applies to other such cases.

So immediately they allowed to play opposite faction combat styles, the good old trainers became outdated and confusing.

I don't get this, either. Trainers are useless now (you can upgrade your speeder piloting via your legacy window), and the social items vendors are useless, too. Find a way to make available the old social items in a way that makes sense and works: i.e. just dump them in a new "toys" or whatever vendor on the fleet.

There is so much defunct, out-of-date crap in this game it's unbelievable. It's like they add things like crazy but never give a thought to what was there before or how the *cough* super great *cough* new things affect them. Do devs even play the game? I tend to think they don't, or at least that the majority don't or their bosses don't.

I don't get this, either. Trainers are useless now (you can upgrade your speeder piloting via your legacy window), and the social items vendors are useless, too. Find a way to make available the old social items in a way that makes sense and works: i.e. just dump them in a new "toys" or whatever vendor on the fleet.

There is so much defunct, out-of-date crap in this game it's unbelievable. It's like they add things like crazy but never give a thought to what was there before or how the *cough* super great *cough* new things affect them. Do devs even play the game? I tend to think they don't, or at least that the majority don't or their bosses don't.

the social vendors aren't useless, you can still access them, and earn the ability to purchase the gear from them doing group activities

What is the pattern and reason for that?

Let's see what I had to say about that...

I'm not sure what the trigger is

Looks like I don't know either.

What I can say is that I've only seen it on old lowbie pre-7.0 characters, levels below about 25-30. Possibly abilities that were moved earlier in the progression than they were before 7.0, something like that.

Trainers are useless now (you can upgrade your speeder piloting via your legacy window), and the social items vendors are useless, too.

I admit I could be wrong about this but I thought they were cheaper to learn speeder training from the trainer than to do it via legacy? Additionally I thought there was a legacy level requirement to get them that way.

Edited by Darcmoon

I admit I could be wrong about this but I thought they were cheaper to learn speeder training from the trainer than to do it via legacy? Additionally I thought there was a legacy level requirement to get them that way.

Speeder Piloting is free from the trainers.

Speeder Piloting costs credits/CCs from the legacy panel (or the CM for levels 1-3), but can be bought at lower character levels.

Speeder Piloting 4 and 5 can only be bought from the legacy panel.

And that is precisely the reason why I initially suggested to merge all class trainers into a single Speeder Piloting Trainer - there is still a reason to approach such a trainer once in a while in the beginning of your path.

Having class trainers, who do not train you anything "class-related" is only confusing for new players, who have no idea about their old function. Btw, did you know that you can learn that dreaded Speeder Piloting now from a different class trainer? I.e. use Jedi Consular Trainer being a Smuggler. What could be even more misleading?

Probably only useless Social Items Vendors who do not sell anything these days...

Edited by ZealZany

And that is precisely the reason why I initially suggested to merge all class trainers into a single Speeder Piloting Trainer - there is still a reason to approach such a trainer once in a while in the beginning of your path.

Having class trainers, who do not train you anything "class-related" is only confusing for new players, who have no idea about their old function. Btw, did you know that you can learn that dreaded Speeder Piloting now from a different class trainer? I.e. use Jedi Consular Trainer being a Smuggler. What could be even more misleading?

Probably only useless Social Items Vendors who do not sell anything these days...

Like i said, the social vendors, do still sell the items, if you meet the requirements after completing x number of group activites

Like i said, the social vendors, do still sell the items, if you meet the requirements after completing x number of group activites

Where do you see your social rating now? Maybe you earned yours back in the days, and that is why you see the items.

Newly created characters do not have access to those Social Levels, and group activities do not affect this rating now. Hence, the social system is deprecated, as it seems.

The fact that it works for you, doesn't mean that this is a generally healthy functionality.

Or I am still missing something, which also could be.

Edited by ZealZany

Where do you see your social rating now? Maybe you earned yours back in the days, and that is why you see the items.

Newly created characters do not have access to those Social Levels, and group activities do not affect this rating now. Hence, the social system is deprecated, as it seems.

The fact that it works for you, doesn't mean that this is a generally healthy functionality.

The social levels are under achievements now. I forget which category but there is an achievement for getting each social level. I admit mine auto completed when they changed over but they are still supposed to be obtainable.

look under your legacy panel, under the legacy section-advancement-group finder, that's where you will find the social level stuff, which is still obtainable

How do we find out what *this* character's social level is? Or is a legacy-wide thing now?

Yes it's legacy wide

What will happen to the Social rewards?

We are converting the system from awarding points based on conversation choices to instead reward grouping for activities. Details of the changes are:

Achievements have been reworked to now require Group Finder activities rather than Social Levels.

The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).

These Achievements will gate the visibility and purchase of the items on Social vendors. As players progress through the achievements, more items will become available.

The two fleet social vendors will be moved to the Cantina area on both fleets and have all Social items previously available.

The old vendors around the galaxy will still be available, but they will only have inventory based on the player's achievement progress.

Source

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998303

Edited by Setokai