STILL MISSING: REAL ACCESSIBILITY features that were NEVER implemented (yet WANTED)

lightningseven

So about ACCESSIBILITY .... i have a lot more to say since 7.0 and 7.1 REALLY kind of left me DISAPPOINTED!!!

And maybe i neglected to bring these things up but there are still a LOT of accessibility issues that are NOT being met:

if i scale my global interface to a REALLY LOW number so i can fit everything on my screen (and the adjust those separate scale factors individually) then that is only PARTIALLY helpful.

What is NOT helpful is that the following WINDOWS are NOT resize-able NOR scale-able either by using widget controls in-game or by using the Interface Editor:

1. Map
  2. Character sheet (even the new giant one since 7.1)
  3. Codex
  4. Mission Log (also: WHY IS IT STILL LIMITED to only 25 quests at once? THIS IS OLD!!!)
  5. GSF (Galactic Starfighter) Hangar window
  6. Inventory (both the thin tiny one, and the one in the giant new Character Sheet window)
  7. Legacy / character perk information window

...... ALL of these windows ARE STATIC SIZED and NONE of them have been changeable or scalable or re-size-able AT ALL.

UNTIL any of these things change, THE GAME IS NOT ACCESSIBLE for people with either smaller screens or larger screens who need to adjust things FOR THEMSELVES for many or various reasons (like people like me, who have PRESBYOPIA who have ALWAYS found it very hard to see text in game).

ONE THING I DO LOVE since 7.1 is the new ability to make chat windows 60-point, AND the ability to re-size that same chat window to be a lot bigger (there is no cap on the re-sizing now? that does make me happy).

ANOTHER item that does NOT make me happy is the fact that TOOL TIPS are still not adjustable inside Interface Editor NOR is their font size or window size.

Also, WHEN are we going to get ACCESSIBILITY features where we can PREVIEW the sound of various weapons in-game, in the preview window? Different light-sabers and rifles and blasters etc.... all make different sounds and IT WOULD BE NICE if we wanted to have the ideal "look and feel" of what sounds we want in each weapon, so we can look AND SOUND how we want, in our OUTFIT designer.

ANOTHER VERY ANNOYING item is that the LEGACY cargo bank STILL does NOT have ANY SORT feature in it, whereas all the other types (Guild bank, personal Cargo bank) DO. why is this not being updated???

Whenever SWTOR devs say they are "updating graphics and improving visible effects" in major updates, I KNOW THEY ARE NOT TELLING the ENTIRE truth because the most they did in this update was just UPDATE LIBRARIES which they always link in to new patch updates anyway. THAT is why chat can be a bigger window, and why we can now have 60 point chat text. THAT IS NOT "updating graphics" the way players want -- just by simply linking in a new version of an external library like Awesomium or IRC libraries LIKE LibPurple??? LOLLLLL

(NOTE by linking in new versions of SOMEONE ELSE'S code .... that is NOT = you, Bioware, doing "update of graphics". That is Bioware just simply being modern and responsible -- but NOT doing what they said they were doing, or going to do.)

Also where is the MOUSE LOVE for changing color and size / shape of the mouse pointer, along with helpful color distinctions so those who DO have color blindness can choose which color and size they want their mouse pointer to be from now on?

Also, WHY are NAMEPLATES STILL slowing down the graphic engine during war zones and flashpoints and operations? COME ON devs!! This is 2022 already..... GO BACK to the NON-FORKED Hero Engine so we can have some TRUE x64 DX12 or VULKAN / MANTLE / METAL graphics action already!!!!!

Edited by lightningseven

(like people like me, who have PRESBYOPIA who have ALWAYS found it very hard to see text in game)

I have presbyopia, too. It's a natural thing that everyone gets because of the passage of the years, where the lens of the eye stiffens gradually and becomes less able to focus on close-up objects.

If it's causing you problems playing the game, you should get your eyes checked and update your glasses / contact lenses. Or maybe get reading glasses for close-up work.

EDIT: to be clear: I have presbyopia and I have no problem reading the text in the game.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I have presbyopia, too. It's a natural thing that everyone gets because of the passage of the years, where the lens of the eye stiffens gradually and becomes less able to focus on close-up objects.

If it's causing you problems playing the game, you should get your eyes checked and update your glasses / contact lenses. Or maybe get reading glasses for close-up work.

i do not think you understand. i have bifocals for reading. i do not have full-fix lenses (whatever you call them).

i am NOT going to play the game while wearing my reading bifocals, either. AND that would NOT fix ANY of the problems i listed in my post, either.

sheesh