Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class storyline order by planet for altoholics (and others)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Class storyline order by planet for altoholics (and others)

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2022 , 06:17 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by opingebr View Post
Anyone got a good suggestion wrt to the Rishi class quests?
Warning: A bit long.

Summary / tl;wr(1): The question is interesting but mostly meaningless *during* the origin stories. After the origin stories, the question is *totally* meaningless.

They all happen at more or less the same time, since only one of them happens in any one copy of the story, and also because you get the call just before going off to do Blood Hunt. By the time you reach Rishi, there's only one story, so the other origins must be off somewhere else doing something completely else.

Example: I'm a Trooper (regardless of my combat style). During the origin story, there are various people around the galaxy doing something that resembles the origin story missions of the other origins. On Ilum, things start to change, since Ilum has only two stories, Imp and Pub. Clearly at that point, it's hard for there to be three other people running the same Pubside missions, so either there are other slices of the Ilum story that we'll never see, or the other origins aren't on Ilum.

On Makeb for Rise of the Hutt Cartel, it's similar. Someone's doing the Impside story (perhaps), but there's no Smuggler, Knight or Consular there doing the exact story that I'm doing. Most likely, as on Ilum, the other origins aren't there at all.

Oricon is similar, except that now it's me on Oricon, and *seven* other origins somewhere else, since there's really only one story.

It's barely feasible for Prelude to Revan to be split like Makeb was, but only for the first two FPs (Tython and Korriban). After that (Manaan/Rakata Prime, Rishi, Yavin, Ziost, KotFE, etc.), there's only one story, so the other origins are *definitely* somewhere completely else, doing something completely else.

In fact, based on the extremely minimal information we get from the other-origin companions who join us, the other origins are long-since departed to other things entirely, or even dead.

(1) Too Long; Won't Read. A summary should be at the beginning so that people can see whether the text is worth the time required to read it.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

SithKoriandr
06.23.2022 , 05:23 PM | #32
Once the class stories end, it really feels that it goes to Republic and Empire side and then moves on to "There's just one class story still going...the one you're playing." at least by Shadow of Revan. Example...

If Lana is talking to my Inquisitor, then Theron is talking to one of the Republic classes, but after those battles, it's moved on to relying on just my Inquisitor.

However, my thought for Chapters 1-3, is that you need to look at the Planetary Stories and Origin Stories as not happening quite at the same time, but maybe intermixed a bit.

The Planetary Stories are the Origins gathering together at parts of their individual missions. So, they come together, and split off...maybe taking off a bit before moving on to the next planetary mission.

This also leads me to think, even if a companion is there with you and possibly even getting +Influence with choices, story wise, they may not be there. Like when Nadia doesn't know who Lana is. Really, that would make no sense.
"May the force be ever in your favor." - Master Koriandr

Shayddow
06.26.2022 , 09:44 PM | #33
Quote:
This also leads me to think, even if a companion is there with you and possibly even getting +Influence with choices, story wise, they may not be there. Like when Nadia doesn't know who Lana is. Really, that would make no sense.
Sometimes later in the story the writers clearly are trying to make things so "one class fits all" that it doesn't make sense for the character involved.
For instance, Hylo "introduces" our character to Akaavi Spar.
1. My Bounty Hunter already knows her due to she did the recruitment mission for both Mako & Akaavi
2. My Smuggler obviously knows her. He is MARRIED to her.
Shekkel,80 Nimrossa, 80 |
Baalaspianyar, 80 Totendanz, 80 |
Adonnah, 80 Kydosh, 80 |
Tashha, 80 Svgon, 80 |RIP Harbinger, Ebon Hawk, Begeran

SithKoriandr
06.27.2022 , 02:29 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
Sometimes later in the story the writers clearly are trying to make things so "one class fits all" that it doesn't make sense for the character involved.
For instance, Hylo "introduces" our character to Akaavi Spar.
1. My Bounty Hunter already knows her due to she did the recruitment mission for both Mako & Akaavi
2. My Smuggler obviously knows her. He is MARRIED to her.
Yes, but the Nadia line only goes for Consulars, not multiple Origins.

Also, Lana is introduced in Shadow of Revan, so all the starting companions should really know Lana and Theron, at least some what.
"May the force be ever in your favor." - Master Koriandr