Need Help

DarkCrossing

Don't know what/how this happened. Was playing last night when my screen "flickered" and the game "disappeared" from the screen. Shut down the machine. rebooted and signed back in to the game. Went to the UI and found all my presets GONE! just shut the machine down, it was late anyway, and figured I'd fix it today.

Put everything back the way it was and started to play. No sound, no problem I found that right away and fixed that. Now when searching for a power in the tray it doesn't tell me what it is. Have I missed another setting or...

Please accept my apology for posting such a large format (yelling) message yesterday. I didn't mean it to be so large. I'd increased the font size so I could proofread what I posted (eyes aren't the same as they used to be!) and without thinking after reading just automatically hit the "send" button. Once again...my apologies to all.

Hey fam,

Achtchually the font was pretty great, my eyes are hot garbage so the size helped read it. :) Anywho, I think the spot you need to restore is:

(Assuming on a pc, and location might be different if you're using Steam)

C:\Users\Your Computer User Name\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

The folder is called: GUIProfiles.

Good luck! If you can't find it to restore, then probably unfortunately just have to push 'P' button and re-drag out all your abilities and such.

Don't know what/how this happened. Was playing last night when my screen "flickered" and the game "disappeared" from the screen. Shut down the machine. rebooted and signed back in to the game.

It sounds as though your machine may have had some sort of "thermal fault" - something overheated and glitched.

If you're lucky it was only a rare transient event, but you should do some routine dust cleaning and make sure all cooling fans are working properly.