ban ranked players from casual warzones

Vandergroth

Ranked players are terrorizing casual pvp players in warzones all the time.

There is no game in which ranked players are not only killing you but the whole fun of the experience as well.

They don't even care about winning, they just want to annoy casual gamers that want to play pvp and have fun.

I played the yavin ruins today and the enemy team (all players with a ranked flair active) just ran over the map killing everyone regardless of the pylons.

We had all 3 pylons until it was impossible that the enemy team could win as long as we only kept one pylon in possession. And even then they just took one pylon. One. Not 3 as they surely were able to.

So we won. Yay... Fun? None!

Ban ranked players from casual warzones already and give them their own warzones instead.

Player versus player (PvP) is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between human players.[1] This is often compared to player versus environment (PvE), in which the game itself controls its players' opponents. The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games, to distinguish between gamemodes. PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. PvP is often controversial when used in role-playing games. In most cases, there are vast differences in abilities between players. PvP can even encourage experienced players to immediately attack and kill inexperienced players.[3] PvP is often referred to as player killing in the cases of games which contain, but do not focus on, such interaction.

Wrong game mode. Try operations

Edited by TmoneyTime

Wrong game mode. Try operations

He has to do it for galactic seasons.

Anyway, you are right. If people are sick of getting farmed then... get good, like actually this is the best any only honest advice you will get, simply because it is facts.

Anyway, you are right. If people are sick of getting farmed then... get good, like actually this is the best any only honest advice you will get, simply because it is facts.

GS rewards are like the dollar store version of the Cartel Market. I have a counter suggestion: ban non-pvpers from pvp? Its not like they enjoy it anyway. They get mad cuz bad then take to the forums for a safe space and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on. I mean seriously you can't make this stuff up. These kids want to queue into a wz against 8 practice dummies.

Player versus player (PvP) is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between human players.[1] This is often compared to player versus environment (PvE), in which the game itself controls its players' opponents. The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games, to distinguish between gamemodes. PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. PvP is often controversial when used in role-playing games. In most cases, there are vast differences in abilities between players. PvP can even encourage experienced players to immediately attack and kill inexperienced players.[3] PvP is often referred to as player killing in the cases of games which contain, but do not focus on, such interaction.

Thanks for information I already know. Nice copy&paste but what is your point?

Wrong game mode.

Is that so? Tell me, which is the 'right' game mode to play warzones without ranked players ruining the fun of the experience?

Try operations

As far as I know there is no objectives pvp in operations, or is there?

Your comment is useless, but thanks for trying.

Who said that?

So the best advice you can give to a person that enjoys the casual pvp warzones is 'try operations'?

Sorry, but your statement doesn't even remotely addresses the issue.

GS rewards are like the dollar store version of the Cartel Market.

Did I address the GS at all?

I have a counter suggestion: ban non-pvpers from pvp?

How would that help the issue addressed above?

Its not like they enjoy it anyway.

Who said that? I like playing pvp warzones. I do almost nothing else. Round about 4 hours a day. What I don't like are ranked players ruining the fun of it. PvP would be much more popular when ranked players would stick to ranked games. But they don't. God only knows why. So what is the issue with giving ranked players their own ranked warzones? I know. That would be too demanding, right? Not globaling everyone on the map with your team? Actually having to show how skilled you really are? That's not possible. Everything that counts it the kill-counter, am I correct?

They get mad cuz bad then take to the forums for a safe space and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on.

I address an issue that is plaguing the pvp area for years. I stick my finger in the wound. Your response proves that more than you think. Maybe you should try to understand the problem instead of calling BS on everything I said.

Your post also proves that the forums are absolutely no 'safe space' and obviously there is no 'sympathetic shoulder to cry on'. Your answer would be much different if it was.

In the end your response only proves my point, that ranked players should be separated from casual pvp players.

I mean seriously you can't make this stuff up.

Indeed. That is why College Football Teams play in the Super Bowl all the time. Oh wait! They don't!

These kids want to queue into a wz against 8 practice dummies.

Ageist? Just kidding.

Where exactly did I reference 'practice dolls'?

Or do you just want to show 'how funny' you are? You're not.

I want to have fun warzone games with other casual pvp players, run my objectives and win/lose with a good feeling.

That is all I want.

But people like you - ranked player I guess - won't accept that and keep on terrorizing warzones.

Sadly, your response is useless.

better yet, remove casual warzones from the game

problem solved

How exactly does this 'solve' the problem? What is the gain of casual pvp players in your suggestion?

ranked players no longer ruin your obj "fun"

Again, how exactly does this improve my PVP experience?

and you not longer get globaled for 8 minutes straight every single match

ez

Why aren't you honest? At least you could mention VS, where I get globaled 16 Minutes straight.

Your response only proves that you are part of the addressed problem.

So your answer is useless as well. Sad day.

Who said that? I like playing pvp warzones. I do almost nothing else. Round about 4 hours a day. What I don't like are ranked players ruining the fun of it. PvP would be much more popular when ranked players would stick to ranked games. But they don't. God only knows why. So what is the issue with giving ranked players their own ranked warzones? I know. That would be too demanding, right? Not globaling everyone on the map with your team? Actually having to show how skilled you really are? That's not possible. Everything that counts it the kill-counter, am I correct?

I'm going to go off the ideal that English is not your first language. Kudos for being able to convey your thoughts as you have.

If i got this straight what your problem is, Is that you don't like getting killed over and over again.

So the question, I would ask is why do you think your getting killed over and over again? I am legit trying to understand your point of view. If you could answer that would help us narrow things down.

I'm going to go off the ideal that English is not your first language. Kudos for being able to convey your thoughts as you have.

If i got this straight what your problem is, Is that you don't like getting killed over and over again.

So the question, I would ask is why do you think your getting killed over and over again? I am legit trying to understand your point of view. If you could answer that would help us narrow things down.

What he is complaining about are obviously ranked players (they have the flares that declare them as top 3s) who run around on the most overpowered classes (operatives are what I encountered...3 of them) and, as a group, one by one dismantle other players. Great fun for them. Not so much for anyone else.

Anyone knows that attempting to lead disparate people in a warzone is as futile is herding cats. And that is only possible when people read the messages. So, the whole thing about leading the team is pointless; moot.

I disagree that they should be banned from warzones, however. But, when they have killed casual pvp, they'll only have themselves to thank. What they're doing amounts to bullying from people who are obviously not working adults. How do I know what they're doing during working hours? I took the day off.

What we're down to again is competitive matchmaking. Something we DO NOT HAVE in this game.

Edited by Sappharan

yo man first off there are a ton of great players who don't even play ranked. and there are a ton of ranked players who suck ***** at the game. try to focus on winning. I have games where I die a lot. I have games where I don't get to do a ton of damage. but I usually win about 8 games straight before losing one; and I don't bother with ranked. 8v8s are a team game mode and yea sometimes your team wants to so random stuff, but you can easily win games with only 2-3 ppl trying. the trick is too communicate with your team. but if your gonna call out plays in game you gotta be good enough to back it up. I personally like playing pt. I can be aggressive and take on 1v1s and 1v2s to gain objectives for my team. try to find a class that you enjoy and can contribute with. each class has a different role to play in 8v8s.

anyways my whole point is your take is pretty ignorant. you'll still get destroyed if ranked players are banned. practice and practice until you can carry regs solo at a high clip. I'm telling you it's possible because I win 80% of rhe time. so keep practicing and stop complaining

Who said that?

You: https://gyazo.com/96a4d0ce4d91745bc7016caa26f9b17c

"PvP is almost dead because ranked players are terrorizing casual gamers that just want to finish their weekly quests for gear or their GS objectives."

So the best advice you can give to a person that enjoys the casual pvp warzones is 'try operations'?

Sorry, but your statement doesn't even remotely addresses the issue.

Well, you don't seem to enjoy them that much....

How are you even this salty, to my knowledge the situation was 4 ranked players on deception sins were spawn camping you or something like this? Why even be mad? You could be as good as you want you would never beat them 1v4, nobody would. Just leaves your team in a 7v4 and you will probably get your needed win for whatever reason you'd want to win in regs, maybe ego, maybe gear or maybe fragments.

Just stop being salty man, if you really got clapped by 4x premade - don't waste your time thinking about it, nobody could've lived there.

At the same time they don't deserve to be banned for having fun, even if it was a bit toxic. It just doesn't leave you in a bad spot, sure you died a bunch but at that point who cares, if you die a bunch by running into a 1v1 over and over again the situation would be different but if 4 people spawn camp there is only so much you can do.

Ranked players are terrorizing casual pvp players in warzones all the time.

There is no game in which ranked players are not only killing you but the whole fun of the experience as well.

They don't even care about winning, they just want to annoy casual gamers that want to play pvp and have fun.

I played the yavin ruins today and the enemy team (all players with a ranked flair active) just ran over the map killing everyone regardless of the pylons.

We had all 3 pylons until it was impossible that the enemy team could win as long as we only kept one pylon in possession. And even then they just took one pylon. One. Not 3 as they surely were able to.

So we won. Yay... Fun? None!

Ban ranked players from casual warzones already and give them their own warzones instead.

Let's go on a safari hunt shall we? PvP is short for player vs player. When players see another player they hit that player. When two players know what they're doing class wise it becomes harder player versus player. Now when you put a noob player vs veteran player. The veteran player will prob always beat the noob player. It's almost as if this is how player versus player works. I'm glad you could tag along with me on this Safari Hunt; hope you learned some valuable information regarding PvP( Player Versus Player)

What he is complaining about are obviously ranked players (they have the flares that declare them as top 3s) who run around on the most overpowered classes (operatives are what I encountered. have killed casual pvp, they'll only have themselves to thank.

What they're doing amounts to bullying from people who are obviously not working adults.

What we're down to again is competitive matchmaking. Something we DO NOT HAVE in this game.

Ok lets break this down.

What he is complaining about are obviously ranked players (they have the flares that declare them as top 3s) who run around on the most overpowered classes (operatives are what I encountered. have killed casual pvp, they'll only have themselves to thank.

Flares and top 3 mean absolutely nothing, with the amount shenanigan's that has gone on in arena que who cares.

Operatives are not op at all in the moment. 3 Fury Maras would be much worse.

PVP is not casual, This isn't a mobile game, PVP will always be a competitive mode between players. Casual and PVP are two exclusive things just because you want something to be casual (whatever that even means) dosnt make it so.

What they're doing amounts to bullying from people who are obviously not working adults.

Creepy stop stalking people. Also doesn't matter irrelevant.

100% Correct. Matchmaking is the problem always has been, the que is set to find the quickest matches with no regards to player skill.

Edited by TmoneyTime

Got me! As it is, English is not my native tongue. Sorry when something is strange or misspelled.

Farmed, ganked, ownd, globaled, whatever the modern term is. Yes, I don't like to be killed over and over again by ranked players for their personal amusement and kill-counter.

I do not have a problem with getting killed in a warzone match. I don't mind losing matches. I want to have fun in pvp warzones. Sometimes losing a game is much more fun than winning it, when it is challenging. Ranked player pre-mades globaling the entire map for 8 minutes straight and still losing the match is a win that makes no fun at all. Same when globaled 16 minutes straight (in VS) and losing. Same when matched - why ever - to an arena map, when queuing for warzones.

So the question, I would ask is why do you think your getting killed over and over again?

Ranked players are professionals, I am not.

They have their buddies in pre-mades or in communication apps, I play alone.

They know all the tricks, I don't.

personal impression: Their talents, relics, and stats work as designed, mine somehow don't.

really bad thoughts: They know how to cheat unpunished, I don't.

I am legit trying to understand your point of view. If you could answer that would help us narrow things down.

Ranked players are professionals that should not be allowed in non-professional warzone games.

They should have their own league (of legends), play against equals, fight against their peers, compete with players that are as skilled as they are.

Complicated: There should be an honest matching algorithm, that pulls pre-mades apart and puts the players against each other, should put guild-mates on opposite sides, match equipment correctly, match classes correctly, and match groups differently every game.

Simple: Ranked warzones for ranked registered players.

Even more simple: A working ignore-list that functions in PvP.

What he is complaining about are obviously ranked players (they have the flares that declare them as top 3s) who run around on the most overpowered classes (operatives are what I encountered...3 of them) and, as a group, one by one dismantle other players. Great fun for them. Not so much for anyone else./QUOTE]

True.

Anyone knows that attempting to lead disparate people in a warzone is as futile is herding cats. And that is only possible when people read the messages. So, the whole thing about leading the team is pointless; moot.

Most of the time, yes.

I disagree that they should be banned from warzones, however. But, when they have killed casual pvp, they'll only have themselves to thank. What they're doing amounts to bullying from people who are obviously not working adults. How do I know what they're doing during working hours? I took the day off.

I want them banned from 'normal' - casual / standard - warzones. They can have their own. As far as I know they had once. (I wonder why that was removed?) I do not want pvp to die. I like warzones, collecting objectives, and win/lose with a good feeling. I have a full time job. And after work I want to chill with SWtoR and play a few fun pvp games.

True.

That is why I want ranked players forced in their own league.

Or a working ignore-list that won't match me with or against the people I chose to ignore.

yo man first off there are a ton of great players who don't even play ranked. and there are a ton of ranked players who suck ***** at the game. try to focus on winning. I have games where I die a lot. I have games where I don't get to do a ton of damage. but I usually win about 8 games straight before losing one; and I don't bother with ranked. 8v8s are a team game mode and yea sometimes your team wants to so random stuff, but you can easily win games with only 2-3 ppl trying. the trick is too communicate with your team. but if your gonna call out plays in game you gotta be good enough to back it up. I personally like playing pt. I can be aggressive and take on 1v1s and 1v2s to gain objectives for my team. try to find a class that you enjoy and can contribute with. each class has a different role to play in 8v8s.

anyways my whole point is your take is pretty ignorant. you'll still get destroyed if ranked players are banned. practice and practice until you can carry regs solo at a high clip. I'm telling you it's possible because I win 80% of rhe time. so keep practicing and stop complaining

I am really happy for you. Great when people can enjoy the modern favored class to its maximum. Really.

But I play like 20 games a day and win like 4 of them, giving my best, calling for help, guarding pylons, carrying balls, collecting objectives, and so on. I haven't 'complained' for 10 years. I am just now stating the obvious.

Those players/accounts with ranked flairs are killing the fun in 'casual' warzone pvp matches.

You: https://gyazo.com/96a4d0ce4d91745bc7016caa26f9b17c

"PvP is almost dead because ranked players are terrorizing casual gamers that just want to finish their weekly quests for gear or their GS objectives."

I know that English is not my native tongue, but I am convinced 'their' is not equal 'I'. I am finished with GS for weeks now. And strangely I 'complain' now. Think about it, maybe you get it.

Well, you don't seem to enjoy them that much....

I enjoy them a lot, when they are fun to play. That's why I play pvp in the first place. That's why I started this threat.

Please don't try to analyse me instead of analyzing the problem I am talking about.

At least be honest. If you have something constructive to say, be my guest.

Ok lets break this down.

PVP is not casual, This isn't a mobile game, PVP will always be a competitive mode between players. Casual and PVP are two exclusive things just because you want something to be casual (whatever that even means) dosnt make it so.

A very good point. Its PVP lol. You either play it well or you play it bad. Being casual and being good or bad at PVP has nothing to do with each other. Fulltime job? Chill for SWTOR PVP? Don't lie bro you are like 15 living at home. No grown adult with a life is gona respond to every single line of every single response.

Edited by CretinUseelad

How are you even this salty, to my knowledge the situation was 4 ranked players on deception sins were spawn camping you or something like this? Why even be mad? You could be as good as you want you would never beat them 1v4, nobody would. Just leaves your team in a 7v4 and you will probably get your needed win for whatever reason you'd want to win in regs, maybe ego, maybe gear or maybe fragments.

As what does 'fun' count? Ego?

Maybe the problem is that nobody wants to have fun in pvp anymore?

Have you ever played a warzone, that was so exciting, that no matter win or lose you just cheered for the experience?

I have. A lot. And I want that back. Simple as that.

Just stop being salty man, if you really got clapped by 4x premade - don't waste your time thinking about it, nobody could've lived there.

Are you talking about 1 game or 4-5 hours of games? Just curious.

At the same time they don't deserve to be banned for having fun, even if it was a bit toxic. It just doesn't leave you in a bad spot, sure you died a bunch but at that point who cares, if you die a bunch by running into a 1v1 over and over again the situation would be different but if 4 people spawn camp there is only so much you can do.

I bet you never encountered a ranked player who only focused you for a whole game, killing you over and over again, wherever you are on the map, only searching for you because he knows that he can kill you with ease?

I did never say that ranked players should be banned from the game.

I want them banned from 'casual' / normal / non-ranked warzones.

I even want them to have their own warzones, far away from casual gamers.

They can have as much fun as they possibly want in their ranked groups and challenging ranked warzones. I don't care.

What I care about is that their fun is killing mine.

Again and again:

I don't mind losing a warzone. As long as it was fun to play. I don't care about winning or losing.

I gladly lose 12 fun games in a row instead of winning 4 games that are no fun at all.

Pvp should be a fun experience. And there is no fun to be had when ranked players are dominating the map, no matter win or lose.

Alternatively I suggest a game-wide working ignore-list.

Then I and other players like me can put those ranked players on ignore and will never ever again be matched with or against them.

Is that salty as well?

A very good point. Its PVP lol. You either play it well or you play it bad. Being casual and being good or bad at PVP has nothing to do with each other.

Is that so? Interesting.

So players that don't care about pvp at all, but go to warzones for Major Pierce or GS do have to be automatically good or bad no matter their experience in pvp? What is the argument here?

Fulltime job? Chill for SWTOR PVP? Don't lie bro you are like 15 living at home. No grown adult with a life is gona respond to every single line of every single response.

Yes, full time job. Way older than 15. Name a 15 year old that does not live at home. And don't pretend you know anything about every grown adult.

Don't judge a book by its cover, or how was that saying?

And as I already told someone else:

Don't try to analyse me, analyse the problem I describe.

And yes, as I want this topic to be discussed and ranked players are still flooding the warzones, I spent the 4-5 hours on keeping this thread up and running instead of playing pvp.

I am still not 'complaining'. I want a solution to this topic.

I am really happy for you. Great when people can enjoy the modern favored class to its maximum. Really.

But I play like 20 games a day and win like 4 of them, giving my best, calling for help, guarding pylons, carrying balls, collecting objectives, and so on. I haven't 'complained' for 10 years. I am just now stating the obvious.

Those players/accounts with ranked flairs are killing the fun in 'casual' warzone pvp matches.

man let me give you an example of what you're doing. we both apply for the same job but you tell them not to hire me because I have more experience. sounds ridiculous doesn't it. you don't need to play pt or mara to win games. any class can take over a game if you know where to excel in rhe map. unless you're playing sniper u got no reason to complain. you just gotta get better.

now let's also touch on regs are typically 8v8, ranked is 4v4. two completely different game modes. you want to exclude people from an entire game mode they can't get anywhere else cause your too proud too admit you can play better? common dude

Perhaps you should stop doing a redundant tirade on forums and learn your class and how to play it against superior players. Doing objectives won't help you there bud. So far from every post you've made; i'm under the impression of two things here. 1. You're new and confused to the game. 2. You're just really stupid. Also; you claimed to have played for 10 years which i highly doubt considering you probably suck at the game. One would think 10 years of playing pvp you'd atleast be decent right?

Decent has nothing to do with it when you're coming across a four stack as someone stated earlier. Let's not act like ranked players are the cream of the crop when they run the most op and overused classes. Plus, with all the wintrading that people say happens in rank, how do we know if anyone of them with those flairs got them legit or is as good as they claim to be?