Erked.

Levity

Game items are not "fake and worthless." Just because something is digital does not mean that it does not exist or holds no value. It is still "stuff" that can be experienced and seen. People, being people, will always be envious of other people having "stuff" that they do not have. It's just how many of us are made.

And if they pulled the plug on this game, where's your stuff now. It would be completly different if you downloaded this 'stuff" to your computer ( like music or photos ) and had access to it at anytime, but thats not the case here, if it was alot of former SWG players would still have their SWG stuff ( or whatever MMO type game thats gone). Your leasing it , so its not even yours.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they pulled the plug on this game, where's your stuff now. It would be completly different if you downloaded this 'stuff" to your computer ( like music or photos ) and had access to it at anytime, but thats not the case here, if it was alot of former SWG players would still have their SWG stuff ( or whatever MMO type game thats gone). Your leasing it , so its not even yours.

No, it's something that is experienced, so just because you don't have it later, doesn't diminish the enjoyment while you have access to it. Like watching a movie at the theater. You experience and consume the content, but when it's over you don't own a copy of the film. Or when you go to an amusement park... you enjoy the rides and the shows, but when you leave you don't physically own anything.

Again with the speculation. I'm reading a lot of "ifs" in this post, as with many others. PVP gear and PVE Raid gear is not available through the CM. Carrying on about things that haven't happened yet is useless and it's sad that people just make these assumptions based on nothing. .

Don't know where you have been but you can buy the top end gear off the GTN. Not the shell but all the components that make up the top end Raid Gear can and have been purchased off the GTN. What's the diff, takes a two step route to buy the top end raid gear as soon as you hit fifty in a few days. Its been this way for a long time. THAT IS Pay2WIN. Without having stepped 1 foot in an OPS, RAID, or even a flashpoint.

And I am glad that this is changing in 2.0. Raid to get top end gear.

Edited by SHadowsan

No, it's something that is experienced, so just because you don't have it later, doesn't diminish the enjoyment while you have access to it. Like watching a movie at the theater. You experience and consume the content, but when it's over you don't own a copy of the film. Or when you go to an amusement park... you enjoy the rides and the shows, but when you leave you don't physically own anything.

My Original comment was in regards to in Credits, re-read please.

"How does the Envy aspect work though ? Since it doesn't matter how much real money anyone has , as all can be bought with monopoly money, and monolpoly money is easily accrued and completly worthless and etheral, how does one envy worthless and fake unless one is completly delusional ? "

My point is directed towards " In game credits ". I'm glad you enjoy your stuff, but i personally don't care what you have, don't have , will have or won't have. Do you envy me becouse i have 48 million credits on the character i've had since launch ? Don't envy me, go get some they drop from everthing , like rain from the sky.

Edited by Etheric

Don't know where you have been but you can buy the top end gear off the GTN. Not the shell but all the components that make up the top end Raid Gear can and have been purchased off the GTN. What's the diff, takes a two step route to buy the top end raid gear as soon as you hit fifty in a few days. Its been this way for a long time. THAT IS Pay2WIN. Without having stepped 1 foot in an OPS, RAID, or even a flashpoint.

This, I agree with. Operations/Raiding should be the path to BiS gear in this game.

I haven't spent anytime on the PTS nor kept up with changes in 2.0. Can i still get top end raid gear and RE it for the scematic, buy the crafting mats, make the item and sell on the GTN ? just curious.

I haven't spent anytime on the PTS nor kept up with changes in 2.0. Can i still get top end raid gear and RE it for the scematic, buy the crafting mats, make the item and sell on the GTN ? just curious.

No, though they said they intend to make them RE'able as stuff becomes no longer BiS and is replaced by new gear. It will be possible to RE the portion of the tier below BiS at any given time, but no longer possible to RE BiS.

No, though they said they intend to make them RE'able as stuff becomes no longer BiS and is replaced by new gear. It will be possible to RE the portion of the tier below BiS at any given time, but no longer possible to RE BiS.

Well, thank 'god'.

This, I agree with. Operations/Raiding should be the path to BiS gear in this game.

That, or PVP of course. Either path should be just as viable. But yes, I agree with that as well, and I'm glad that will be changed through Expansion.

Also, the item the poster was referring to that is 'already 1 piece of endgame BiS that is available through Cartel Store' was the +41 crystals. Claiming is is, of course, a joke. Especially considering the the fact that every fresh 50 now gets these same power level of crystals in their free Tionese set. So the crystal is as much endgame gear as it is baseline level 50 gear.

Edited by Devlonir

Good. Thats a step in the right direction.

3* replies on XP issue.

1 unclear reply on a 1.5k post thread.

Priorities. :)

What, exactly, are they supposed to say?

"Um, guys, we want to see how this works out. We'll address this when we have some more data."

That's pretty much what their reply would look like.

They're probably trying to figure out a polite way to say, "you guys are farking idiots for complaining that the only way to get a reputation that's designed specifically for people who buy stuff is to buy stuff..." :rolleyes: Edited by DarthTHC

What, exactly, are they supposed to say?

"Um, guys, we want to see how this works out. We'll address this when we have some more data."

That's pretty much what their reply would look like.

after more than a thousand posts with static coming from the higher-ups, even such an answer would be considered gold. imo at least. :)

• Dev Post

I wanted to pop in and give an update on a few minor changes coming to the Cartel Market Reputation system. I know these things will not address all of your concerns but as always, keep your feedback coming. We are continuing to look at ways to improve the system.

• Coming in Game Update 1.7.3 Cartel Market Certificates will now be bind on legacy (as with any other timing announcement this is subject to change).
  • We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

As always, keep the feedback coming. We are constantly exploring new ways to improve on the Cartel Market Reputation system.

-eric

We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

:eek:

Speachless.

There may be hope after all.

Dang it Eric, I may have to resub now! :p

:D

I wanted to pop in and give an update on a few minor changes coming to the Cartel Market Reputation system. I know these things will not address all of your concerns but as always, keep your feedback coming. We are continuing to look at ways to improve the system.

• Coming in Game Update 1.7.3 Cartel Market Certificates will now be bind on legacy (as with any other timing announcement this is subject to change).
  • We feel that a frustration point for some players is that the Contraband Resale Corporation is that it appears too tightly tied to the rest of the Organizations you see in the Reputation system. Sometime in the future, (no exact timing yet) we are going to move all Cartel Market Reputations to their own tab within the Legacy UI.

As always, keep the feedback coming. We are constantly exploring new ways to improve on the Cartel Market Reputation system.

-eric

Effing A COTTON EFFINGGG AAAAAA.

I like it.

-eric

Can you please rename the Corporation, with so many options to tying the corporation into the game and the black market, hutt market or even smugglers breaking the Makeb blockade you go for a name that is little more than a buy stuff that was in Cartel packs Corporation. If they are going to be a function of the game can they at least get tied into the game in some meaningful way and more fleshed out than the name suggests.

The writers have gone to the effort of linking them to Makeb the name should reflect this more than the link to reselling stuff that has been removed from the cartel market.

-eric

That's a step in the right direction. Thank you, Eric.

Now assure us that you guys have not left Crafters on the wayside by maybe announcing a Crafting update coming soon, complete with new schematics for Crafted modifiable gear of all types and levels for all of the Crew Skills.

You can even use the Soon™ if you like.

Just give us something that tells us you haven't forgotten us.

:cool: