Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
08.17.2017 , 01:11 PM | #2381
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this but I'll give it a shot...

a) Your class has nothing to do with server merges. It's not like Consulars will go to one server and Knights to another and b) Heroics are instanced. No one can stealth into an instance and c) even if they could the rewards are for quest completion and can not be ninja looted.

You might want to rethink that signature.
Not all heroics are instanced. There are quite a few that are open world, or that have an open world portion.

You are correct that the rewards cannot be "ninja'd", but the objectives and mobs can be "ninja'd" and are more often than not on some servers, it seems.

DWho
08.17.2017 , 01:15 PM | #2382
I don't even know where to begin with this but I'll give it a shot...

a) Your class has nothing to do with server merges. It's not like Consulars will go to one server and Knights to another and b) Heroics are instanced. No one can stealth into an instance and c) even if they could the rewards are for quest completion and can not be ninja looted.

You might want to rethink that signature.
I think the confusion was the use of JC here in the forums. Not everyone knows that means Jedi Covenant the server not Jedi Consular the class. The concern about ninjas is legitimate even if its not heroics they disrupt. Many heroics are not instanced so it can affect some (though those are more affected by the number of players running them simultaneously and the normally poor re-spawn rates that are there to prevent mob farming).

kodrac
08.17.2017 , 01:17 PM | #2383
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Not all heroics are instanced. There are quite a few that are open world, or that have an open world portion.

You are correct that the rewards cannot be "ninja'd", but the objectives and mobs can be "ninja'd" and are more often than not on some servers, it seems.
Regardless, mob density is hardly a sticking point for server mergers. That's just hysterics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I can't tap dance... So I don't try to give lessons...

DWho
08.17.2017 , 01:19 PM | #2384
Regardless, mob density is hardly a sticking point for server mergers. That's just hysterics.
Not necessarily a sticking point but definitely a concern. Any server merge should take that into consideration. Reducing the instance populations of the open world areas would significantly reduce the "hysteria" as you call it. Some people get "hysterical" if it takes more than 5 minutes for a group content pop.

kodrac
08.17.2017 , 01:28 PM | #2385
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
I think the confusion was the use of JC here in the forums. Not everyone knows that means Jedi Covenant the server not Jedi Consular the class. The concern about ninjas is legitimate even if its not heroics they disrupt. Many heroics are not instanced so it can affect some (though those are more affected by the number of players running them simultaneously and the normally poor re-spawn rates that are there to prevent mob farming).
Re-read the post. He said my JC is doomed, I'll have to delete character, JC is useless in PvP... Clearly not talking about a server.

Not necessarily a sticking point but definitely a concern. Any server merge should take that into consideration. Reducing the instance populations of the open world areas would significantly reduce the "hysteria" as you call it. Some people get "hysterical" if it takes more than 5 minutes for a group content pop.
Waiting for spawns... actually I'm not sure know what to say... If that's a concern then, I hate to be "that guy", but it's an online game. MMO = multiplayer online. It's a given. To expect otherwise is irrational. And to use it as an excuse against mergers is even more irrational.

TUXs
08.17.2017 , 01:33 PM | #2386
Waiting for spawns... actually I'm not sure know what to say... If that's a concern then, I hate to be "that guy", but it's an online game. MMO = multiplayer online. It's a given. To expect otherwise is irrational. And to use it as an excuse against mergers is even more irrational.
Yeah, but some people feel like they're special and shouldn't have to wait for anything...what do you say to them huh?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DWho
08.17.2017 , 01:35 PM | #2387
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah, but some people feel like they're special and shouldn't have to wait for anything...what do you say to them huh?
Gee, my point exactly

DWho
08.17.2017 , 01:38 PM | #2388
Re-read the post. He said my JC is doomed, I'll have to delete character, JC is useless in PvP... Clearly not talking about a server.

I didn't say it was an excuse against mergers. You need to work on your reading comprehension. Where I come from "not necessarily a sticking point" does not equal "shouldn't merge servers because". Keith said in his podcast he wanted to understand why people don't want to move to more populated servers. As insignificant as you may think it is, it is one of the reasons. I think it is insignificant to have to wait 5 minutes for group content to pop. That does not mean it is not a legitimate concern. That is the problem with the server merge crowd. They believe only their concerns are warranted and everyone else's are insignificant.

kodrac
08.17.2017 , 01:54 PM | #2389
I didn't say it was an excuse against mergers. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
I stopped reading right there. Maybe you didn't, but the post I quoted did. You know, the post you failed to read correctly. When you failed at reading the post I quoted I didn't toss any insulting little gems back to you. Reading through this thread it's clear you like to argue for argument's sake regardless of content or correctness. Or better yet, for self gratification. There's no point in engaging someone like you any further. Every teeny tiny minuscule thing is a point of contention for you. You can gratify yourself to your heart's content but not with me unless you have something to actually discuss.

Tisaren
08.17.2017 , 01:57 PM | #2390
I think it is insignificant to have to wait 5 minutes for group content to pop. That does not mean it is not a legitimate concern. That is the problem with the server merge crowd. They believe only their concerns are warranted and everyone else's are insignificant.
Or having to wait 30 minutes, or 60 minutes, or even longer. Having to wait for group content to pop is obviously no argument for a server merge. It just is not a legitimate concern. That's almost like saying that no longer having RP servers is a legitimate concern.