Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sareeph's Avatar


Sareeph
08.14.2017 , 05:56 PM | #2271
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Strawman much? Nowhere in this thread has anyone from the RP community stated they shudder because of trolls or fear them. Every single player in this game has an absolute right to play the game without being harassed. Period. What the trolls are doing with their mounts is a form of harassment. I find it interesting you're resorting to insulting the entire RP community (of which you claim to be a part). When your "argument" resorts to personal attacks it means you've lost.
You are correct, everyone should be able to play without being harassed. The thing is, people are doing it to all groups, (let me reiterate) all groups. This thread has degenerated to "role-players are being specially targeted" and therefore we should not merge servers. I beg to differ. They even troll each other. People of all playstyles are being trolled. I started roleplaying when the original D&D with 3 6x8 paperback books in a boxed set, first came out. But even I find it ridiculous that one "specially targeted group" claims that others are putting themselves above this group and trying to force an issue. These others can say the same in rebuttal. You are saying they should pay to move an entire guild while losing assets like guild ships and decorations so as to not inconvenience you. Again, trolling is running rampant in this game and all groups are being targeted. What makes one group special?

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.14.2017 , 05:57 PM | #2272
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
But that's a flawed study, people know you have RP servers. They would basically see what you are doing as troll bait.
If there were merged servers then the "this is not an RP server piss off" no longer applies.
Oh but yet people are telling people to come to Harbinger? So asking about roleplay guilds is trolling, interesting concept when people keep saying come to Harbinger. Can't have it both ways, either everyone is accepted or they are not and no merger is going to change that.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 05:57 PM | #2273
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
I didn't say you were personally attacking anyone, I clearly said you were insulting the entire RP community with your imagined "shuddering" and "fear." Again, no one has expressed those feelings in this thread, except you.
Quote:
When your "argument" resorts to personal attacks it means you've lost.
Err what? You literally stated he is resorting to personal attacks?

When your argument resorts to you saying you never said somethin that anyone can quote you as saying ... you've already lost.

Quote:
You're wrong.
Wow, great argumentative skills there.

Quote:
there is no point in trying to discuss this with you any further as you keep using strawman tactics and insults.
Strawman does not mean what you think it means.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 05:59 PM | #2274
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
But it's the only metric those desiring server merges can point to and say "this population is dead", while they ignore that people may be on guild ships, in strongholds, on other planets or any place other than fleet.

"If you are not just sitting on fleet waiting to fill out their group, your playing the game wrong."
I find torstatus to be a good source of overall population, people may "poo poo" it but they when it comes to any counter evidence - that evidence thus far has been non-existant.

As to the "dead" servers simply logging in an opening ones eyes is enough to see the state of those servers.

As for populated servers and if they are growing or declining and by how much - fleet is not a metric you can use. It's very hard to say for example how much Ebon Hawk population is changing over time accurately - all we can generally say is the entire games population is on the decline based on the torstatus trend analysis.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
08.14.2017 , 05:59 PM | #2275
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
How many numbers? It seems you know something we don't? I mean is it more than those that move there to have a more populated server?
You also earlier mentioned all the players/guilds staying on low population servers to avoid being on a high populated server?

What is a low populated server in this case? What is a high populated server? What are the other servers? How many players and guilds are doing this? Are these large enough numbers in comparison to those who would benefit from a merge to warrant concern for the "greater good"?

You bandy around a lot of "posts" stating things like "numbers" without actually giving any numbers. Until then a lot of what you are posting is really not carrying much weight to anyone reading along (which I had done of your posts to this point and this is my opinion of what you are basically posting lately).
This very thread has had plenty of posts from people who intentionally moved AWAY from Harbinger and that are very happy on their current server and do not wish to be moved to a higher population server, let alone be forcibly merged into the cesspool of Harbinger's community. Almost all of the other "merge servers NOW!!!! I NEED more LFG fodder!!!!!" threads do, as well.

I have no hard numbers, but those factions do exist and should be acknowledged and not ignored or dismissed. Those people who have moved AWAY from Harbinger and any other players who do not want to be forcibly merged with Harbinger's toxic cesspool community should not be forced to do so

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
08.14.2017 , 05:59 PM | #2276
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
You are correct, everyone should be able to play without being harassed. The thing is, people are doing it to all groups, (let me reiterate) all groups. This thread has degenerated to "role-players are being specially targeted" and therefore we should not merge servers. I beg to differ. They even troll each other. People of all playstyles are being trolled. I started roleplaying when the original D&D with 3 6x8 paperback books in a boxed set, first came out. But even I find it ridiculous that one "specially targeted group" claims that others are putting themselves above this group and trying to force an issue. These others can say the same in rebuttal. You are saying they should pay to move an entire guild while losing assets like guild ships and decorations so as to not inconvenience you. Again, trolling is running rampant in this game and all groups are being targeted. What makes one group special?
Preach it because this is the one and only truth. But RP'ers wanting to be special snowflakes is not an alien concept even in the RP community itself. Insults that someone is a special snowflake are very easily thrown by rp'ers at one another but at times they do behave such.
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:01 PM | #2277
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
It's not the one and only indicator, but it can point to the fact something may be wrong because the Fleets usually are the hub of the server. They're the central place where players go to, they're designed to be liked that. But if you see there are 2 map instances of the Imperial fleet for example with 100+ people on the Red Eclipse and only 1 map instance with 89 people on the Progenitor at the same time during European prime time, you can assume which server has the higher population.
No, you can't. One is a RP server and one is a PVE server - thus the populations are likely to be interested in different activities and may well be spread far more thinly across progenitor.

I know if I wanted to RP I sure as hell wouldn't hang around fleet yet I would if I was looking for PUGs ... fleet numbers aren't a great indicator.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
08.14.2017 , 06:03 PM | #2278
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Err what? You literally stated he is resorting to personal attacks?

When your argument resorts to you saying you never said somethin that anyone can quote you as saying ... you've already lost.



Wow, great argumentative skills there.



Strawman does not mean what you think it means.
Thank you for the support. It's nice to be not depicted as a big bad boogeyman because I disagree with someone and put forward counter arguments to their statements
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.14.2017 , 06:04 PM | #2279
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Preach it because this is the one and only truth. But RP'ers wanting to be special snowflakes is not an alien concept even in the RP community itself. Insults that someone is a special snowflake are very easily thrown by rp'ers at one another but at times they do behave such.
Except that you have been doing the same thing. You cast insults at roleplayers and then turn around and say you are a roleplayer, which I am beginning to doubt. While roleplayers are not perfect neither is any group but yet in this thread you continue to insult roleplayers and then turn around and claim to be a roleplayer.

There is no group that is perfect but if you claim to be in a specific group it would seem that you would not insult the group you are part of.

I don't pvp but yet I don't call them names or insult them . Your problem is you want one thing one server when there has been other people saying compromise in 2 servers or 3 depending on what they want to do with the European server but yet when someone says that, they are told they are not trying to compromise, but yet they are. You are the one not trying to reach an agreement.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:04 PM | #2280
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Oh but yet people are telling people to come to Harbinger? So asking about roleplay guilds is trolling, interesting concept when people keep saying come to Harbinger. Can't have it both ways, either everyone is accepted or they are not and no merger is going to change that.
Who is asking you to come and RP on harbinger and what the hell does that have to do with merges or what I said?

Harbinger is not classed as an RP server, you ask about RP there you are basically baiting the trolls.

Secondly a more accurate "study" would be taking a group of RP friends and repeating private RP activities you do on your RP server and see how hard you get trolled.

When you purposely bait a community to try and prove your point of it being unfriendly you aren't proving anything at all.