So could we have a romancable male Force-user (after all those years)?

Axcalion

Let's be honest, most romance options for females suck.

We have:

-A traitorous medic

-A weird looking pirate

-An obnoxious doctor

-A boring soldier

-A bugman

-A sexist soldier

But not Torian, Torian was awesome! Aric was ok, I guess.

All my female alts are so lonely, they can't find a nice Force-user guy. After all these years Bioware has failed to produce a romancable Force-user male companion. While we have like six Force-user female companions, of which five romancable. This is beginning to look like absurdness to me, could we get at least ONE male Force-user companion?

Preferably a human, and a good-looking one, body type 3 (all male romancable companions are body type 2).

Then my female alts will finally have a partner, seriously I can't make them all lesbian.

A cool female companion who actively rejects romance would also be cool.

Here is my idea/proposal

Kyron Zyleenium (Sith Sorcerer)

http://i.imgur.com/F87Xwcm.png

Primary weapon: Red Lightsaber

Dislikes: Sensitiveness, mercy, selflessness

Born to noble parents on Serenno, Kyron Zyleenium was treated like a prince from birth and had everything his heart desired. As a young teenager, Kyron began to display Force-sensitivity and was sent to the Sith Academy on Korriban, like all Force-sensitive children. Proving to be a cunning and capable warrior, Zyleenium defeated all his rival acolytes and became the apprentice of Darth Arkous. Serving the Dark Lord on many quests, Kyron eventually became a Sith Lord and went his own way to search for power. After Arkous's betrayal, Kyron was disgraced by the empire, though his abilities allowed him to defeat any who dared stand in his way. After the Eternal Empire conquest, Kyron refused to recognize the authority of Sith Empress pretender Acina, brandishing her a "weak and foolish coward". After failing to overthrow her with his followers, Zyleenium left Sith space to travel the galaxy for power.

Recruitment quest: Finding Kyron on Dathomir, an ancient world, The Outlander has to help Zyleenium find an ancient artifact that will help him gain more power. Despite The Outlander's help, Kyron betrays them and tries to kill them. After his defeat, the player can choose to let him live and recruit him, or kill him. If spared, the player can eventually initiate a romance with him.

Caspian Axcalion (Jedi Master, de-facto leader of the Jedi Order)

http://i.imgur.com/msE2CIo.png

Primary weapon: White lightsaber

Likes: Selflessness, courage, sarcastic comments, determination, helping people in need

Dislikes: Mercy for the evil, selfishness, abandonment, random cruelty

Born on the peaceful world of Raxus Secundus, Caspian Axcalion was raised by loving parents and enjoyed a happy childhood. Despite displaying his Force-sensitivity as an infant, Caspian's parents refused to give him up to the Jedi. Caspian grew up in way many children could only dream of. Affter reaching adulthood, Caspian joined the Jedi Order at last. Proving to be an exceptional duelist and Jedi, Axcalion became a Master at the age of 25. During his time as Jedi, Axcalion found a young girl on the streets, adopting her as his own daughter and giving her the name Kuvira. Showing such a strong connection to The Force that he didn't seem to age, Caspian was made a member of the Jedi Council after the Barsenthor's disappearance. Originally a fun-loving and funny young man, despite showing wisdom far beyond his age, Caspian's life was completely turned upside down by the invasion of the Republic by the Eternal Empire. Rallying to the side of his fellow Jedi, alongside his friend Kuvira, Axcalion fought bravely against the forces of Zakuul. Despite their success, many of his fellow Jedi were not as fortunate and sacrificed their lives. After Grand Master Satele Shan disappeared, and most of the Jedi Council was either killed, taken prisoner, or missing, Caspian was appointed Grand Master and leader of the remnants of the Jedi Order. Denouncing the now dictator Saresh, Caspian cut ties with the Republican government. The remaining Jedi made a new home on Ossus, the former home of the Jedi. Most of the order remains in hiding, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Recruitment mission: Travelling to Ossus, The Outlander has to convince Caspian to join their Alliance. If the right dialogue choices are made, Caspian joins without any problem. If not, The Outlander must defeat Caspian in a duel. After recruitment, Caspian can eventually be romanced.

Kuvira Laghima (Jedi Master)

http://i.imgur.com/xX9LUFM.png

NOTE: Why does no NPC have this hairstyle in the entire game?

Primary weapon: Blue double-bladed lightsaber

Likes: Seriousness, stubbornness, logic, courage, selflessness, helping people in need, sarcasm, insulting corrupt authority

Dislikes: Romance, flirting, relaxation, abandonment, random cruelty, mercy for the evil

Born on Coruscant to poor, unknown parents, Kuvira had a troubled childhood. Being abandoned by her parents at the age of 8, Kuvira became an orphan and roamed the streets of Coruscant alone, begging people for food and water. A few months later, she was found by Caspian Axcalion, a Jedi Master. Giving her the name Kuvira, for her courage, Caspian took in the girl as his own daughter, despite the opposition of the Jedi Council. Proving to be Force-sensitive, Kuvira was trained in the ways of the Jedi. Despite Caspian's love for her, Kuvira's parental abandonment scarred her for life and she became a serious and stern young woman. That was, until she was befriended by Esper Zeron, a fellow Jedi. Zeron showed Kuvira how to have fun and enjoy life, and Kuvira seemed to be truly happy. During the Eternal Empire conquest, Kuvira fought against the forces of Zakuul alongside Caspian and Esper. During a battle, Esper was mortally wounded. After telling Kuvira to "never stop having fun", he died in her arms. Nearly falling to the Dark side, Kuvira ultimately resisted and gave herself the last name Laghima afterwards.Esper's death left Kuvira shattered, and she reassumed her old personality.

Kuvira called Satele Shan a coward after she went into exile and continued to fight against the forces of Zakuul. Like Caspian, she denounced Saresh, organizating protests and even entering politics. Kuvira remains one of the few to openly oppose Saresh and despite support from many, she has not managed to impeach Saresh yet.

Kuvira rejects the idea of romance and hates the concept of love in general, like all Jedi should, according to her.

Recruitment mission: The Outlander decides to confront Saresh, who has become a tyrant and dictator. Seeking allies, The Outlander is contacted by Kuvira Laghima, who offers them her support. After either The Outlander gives a speech to the senate,or lets Kuvira do it, the Senate votes to impeach Saresh, who is shocked. Despite the decision, Saresh refuses to resign. Entirely corrupted, she attempts to "abolish the senate" and declare herself "Supreme Leader". The Outlander has to option to brutally kill her, force Kuvira to do it, or have her stand trial. After the quest, Kuvira joins the Alliance. Kuvira rejects any attempt by The Outlander to romance her, calling it either a waste of time, annoying or nonsensical.

Edited by Axcalion

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have:

-A traitorous medic

-A weird looking pirate

-An obnoxious doctor

-A boring soldier

-A bugman

-A sexist soldier

But not Torian, Torian was awesome! Aric was ok, I guess.

All my female alts are so lonely, they can't find a nice Force-user guy. After all these years Bioware has failed to produce a romancable Force-user male companion. While we have like six Force-user female companions, of which five romancable. This is beginning to look like absurdness to me, could we get at least ONE male Force-user companion?

Preferably a human, and a good-looking one, body type 3 (all male romancable companions are body type 2).

Then my female alts will finally have a partner, seriously I can't make them all lesbian.

What about Gus Tuno? :)

I like the options for the female romances but I do have my eye on a force-user I'd like to flirt with at least though until someone is out of the picture, I doubt Arcann would even consider it. Could be hilarious still to flirt with him if for nothing else but to mess with him over squick factor that'd be for him.

I like the options for the female romances but I do have my eye on a force-user I'd like to flirt with at least though until someone is out of the picture, I doubt Arcann would even consider it. Could be hilarious still to flirt with him if for nothing else but to mess with him over squick factor that'd be for him.

Ha. That would be hilarious.

I actually like most of the romance options. But It wouldn't harm us to have a few more.

What about Gus Tuno? :)

He isn't romancable. And he is a failed jedi and doesn't use lightsaber anymore. Besides, he is a fish so you can't kiss him.

And I wouldn't date Arcann if he was the last guy in the universe, besides he has that mask thing.

Edited by Axcalion

And I wouldn't date Arcann if he was the last guy in the universe, besides he has that mask thing.

Oh, because it means no kissing or because you do not like the mask itself? To each their own in regards to both. Personally, I do not consider the absence of kissing to make the romance less of a romance and I like the design of the mask and how it is implemented into the design of his character so it does not bother me.

Edited by SingaSong

Torian was indeed awesome but so was Felix iresso and Vector

and you said aric was okay? hold on I think im gonna puke.

This! So very much!

Anyway, still no real male force user to romance, though. My first thought was that maybe Arcann could be romancable, but well...(more would be spoilers).

Also, since I have only female characters, and it seems my romance with Felix is at the moment with my main not recognised (even though I have not yet started with her the new content), seems like Courting gifts are pretty much useless to players with mostly female characters, so maybe this could be addressed at one point too. Since looking at it, it feels kinda sexist that so many female companions are all about that Courting (and worse, Luxury!) gifts in a romance.

Since looking at it, it feels kinda sexist that so many female companions are all about that Courting (and worse, Luxury!) gifts in a romance.

I thought it to be standard that romanceable companions regardless of gender approves of courting gifts provided the romance is triggered. Corso, I believe, is a male example of a companion approving of such as is Malavai Quinn, I think.

Edited by SingaSong

I thought it to be standard that romanceable companions regardless of gender approves of courting gifts provided the romance is triggered. Corso, I believe, is a male example of a companion approving of such as is Malavai Quinn, I think.

Mhmm heck Talos approves of courting and he's not even an official romance outside 1 flirt.

Edit: also what's so wrong with someone enjoying luxury items? A lot of male companions enjoy them just as females do.

Edited by xxNurkxx

Malavi seems to like them either way (the minimum gain), Corso goes from like to favorite in a romance (thus to medium gain), while only Doc and Felix go to full love (maximum gain) in a romance, the female companions it is the exception when they don't go up to full love (guess the jedi Knight and Trooper are the once who have the bad luck in that regard, and some classes with two female romance options, where only one gets to ful Courting treatment). That reminds me of another thing, I find it nice that with same sex romance the female characters got more options, but still there are far too few male love interests in the game!

Edit: also what's so wrong with someone enjoying luxury items? A lot of male companions enjoy them just as females do.

I principle there is nothing wrong withit in itself, it is just strange when it goes up in an romance, that feels like gold digger behaviour or otherwise exploitative and thus it only feels wrong when it is not usually a trait of the character, but how she behaves in a relationship.

I principle there is nothing wrong withit in itself, it is just strange when it goes up in an romance, that feels like gold digger behaviour or otherwise exploitative and thus it only feels wrong when it is not usually a trait of the character, but how she behaves in a relationship.

So the issue for you is that a character gets more excited by receiving a special gift from their partner vs a friend? I mean this seems pretty normal to me. I enjoy every gift my partner has ever given me and it does mean more when it comes from them then it would a friend. I mean getting a love mind link from a friend would be pretty weird to me. Btw I hope my posts do not sound rude I'm merely trying to understand your view of this because to me it certainly does not come across as sexists.

I do however agree on the fact of seeing more male romance choices as well as more LGBT choices.

I do remember Lord Draahg, he was like totally hot and muscular (also body type 3). Pity I had to kill him, I would dump any of my warrior's companions if he could be recruited and romanced.

There may have been other male Force-users that I forgot that could have been potential companions.

BioWARE seems to believe that the female player base n SWTOR is by far too sophisticated to fall for a dashing Jedi Knight or a dangerous Sith Lord. I can sort of see how the Jedi Order does not field a single man interested in women, but what I find really odd is that their Dark Side counterparts only had one Sith you could flirt with only once, and that was a traitor.

When I looked at the companion line-up for KotFE that was my one major disappointment that both romanceable FUs were, of course, females, and the romanceables males, were, of course the charming rogues.

I have a feeling that KOTOR2 will remain the only SW game where you can romance a male Force User. Sort of.

Edited by DomiSotto

BioWARE seems to believe that the female player base n SWTOR is by far too sophisticated to fall for a dashing Jedi Knight or a dangerous Sith Lord. I can sort of see how the Jedi Order does not field a single man interested in women, but what I find really odd is that their Dark Side counterparts only had one Sith you could flirt with only once, and that was a traitor.

When I looked at the companion line-up for KotFE that was my one major disappointment that both romanceable FUs were, of course, females, and the romanceables males, were, of course the charming rogues.

I have a feeling that KOTOR2 will remain the only SW game where you can romance a male Force User. Sort of.

Well they better give use one soon, or this will be my first and last time as subscriber. This is just bad writing.

Whoever wrote the romances for females should be fired and fed to Jabba the Hutt.

I just play male FU that are dashing or dangerous. All my male chars would make by far more fun RIs than any of the companions. Sometimes it's fun to RP the associated female companion and the Mainchar. I self-inserted as Vette for my Juggernaut. :) Was more fun than all 8 'proper' romances combined.

I doubt Bio will create a romance that would feel awesome for me. In my digital love-life I am into the whole on the razor's edge, no holds barred, no commitments no promises, and short, snappy love-scenes during the hair-rising adventure rather than those docile 'get to know you better' convos on the ship about going on a date and like, really caring. That will jus put too much emphasis on the romance and stuff.

Edited by DomiSotto

I would love a male romanceable Force User. Preferably someone with authority, and a mega awesome voice. Like Marr. :D

Or Vowrawn. My Sorc would love Vowrawn.

Ravage?

Ravage is so peevish. I dislike him immensely.

Vowrawn does have that mildly charming urbanity, but my favorite will always be Marr. I can't even bring myself to go through KotFE with my Sorcerer just yet, because of the... bad thing. :(

Actually what we have are:

-A traitorous suck-up and social climber who's put all his money against you surviving

-A commitment phobic pirate with a parade of unfinished business and dropped contracts following him

-A womanizing doctor with a savior complex and frequent flyer miles at every strip joint from the core to the outer rim

-A soldier with a discipline problem and a dead-end career who seems sane until you realize he's a weirdness magnet (including you)

-A nice enough diplomat if you don't mind sharing him with 4 billion of his closest friends (and NEVER getting the security deposit back on your apartment because bedbugs, chair bugs, table bugs, bugs bugs bugs!)

-A space cowboy who's never been off the farm but is still a part-time drug mule and who talks to his ordinance

-A meat head with a psychotic streak and something to prove

-A cat who, while sane enough, still presents a serious ethical breach as your direct report on the chain of command

-And a nice Mandalorian boy who can't use pronouns, but who really likes toast. And who may or may not have Daddy Issues.

On the whole, not exactly a Parade of Sanity here. But the gents fare little better. You can choose from:

-Your student, who's only periodically possessed by a crusty old immortal geezer and made to do terrible things

-A pirate princess who's more mercenary than you and is trying to start a coup

-A mercenary with anger management issues who killed her last boyfriend

-A direct report in the chain of command who is both a turncoat (career-killer right there) and a stickler who insists on filling out the appropriate forms before every date (although in the grander scheme of things, is still quite safe to bring home to Mother)

-An underage, recently-orphaned untrained apprentice

-Your underage property (with or without the extra spice of a forced-consent collar)

-Your sheltered student who's never been let out in public for more than five minutes at a time (but only if you unlock her psychotic side)

-A backstabbing anarchist who's just as likely to end your dates by pimping you out or stabbing you as she is to give you a goodnight kiss

-A spy in training with an Electra complex and a trail of identity theft evidence in her wake

-A delusional apprentice, but first you have to teach her what a date is, then indulge her while she tilts at windmills, and all the time through, you're still tap-dancing and hoping she doesn't discover the bodies in your closet (or the ghosts of Grumpy Old Men in your head or what happened the last time you were in a Master-apprentice relationship)

But at least there's Mako. Nice, normal Mako. All six of her.