How to Turn off this Irritating Conquest pop-up?

Ooloi

Someone please tell me there is a way to make this thing go away without it cluttering up my screen in the middle of stuff and forcing me to open up to the whole conquest window and then close *that* to get it off the screen every time.

Grrr.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%, it's very irritating, distracting, and prevents you from clicking anything on the screen until it goes away. It's just as bad as the Light or Dark Side victory pop-up, but comes a lot more often. For boss fights where you get exp from adds like Brontes it's a major problem.

It should have its own box in the interface editor like everything else where we can move, shrink, and disable it at will.

I also agree; the option to turn off or move the pop-up in the interface editor would be awesome!

It's far too large as it is, and while it does disappear after a couple seconds, it pops up at the most inopportune times (like on top of the baddies I'm trying to fight).

I understand that some people like the pop-up, but we need an option for those of us that don't, thanks!

: Originally Posted by dieallknow View Post

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there is a pop up on my screen for 5 seconds whaaaaaaa

grow the hell up its not a big deal

Try that while you are in combat :mad:

i agree with TrixxiTriss.

5s is long enough for someone to die in pvp, or in the harder pve content, if they make a crucial mistake.

Especially when you play on a small screen with a large UI because not everyone has fantastic eyesight. The tooltips popping with the clicky relics were bad enough, and now we get this.

By the way: the reknown rank up now gives you double the pop-ups to block your screen

Those dxun mob-heavy fights are going to be great fun :-(

Please add an option to disable the popup in Preferences. It might be nice eye candy for some people but clearly it's a frustration for many others. We can still see when objectives complete in the chat panel which is enough.

I like the pop-up. But I don't understand why it doesn't have an X for quick closing. :confused:

(Also, I agree about having a choice to en- or disable it.)

I like the pop-up as well. But I completely agree that it should be possible to close it, disable it, move it somewhere else using the interface editor, etc. It should be a fun addition for people who want to see it, not an annoyance that gets in people's way.

I like the pop-up as well. But I completely agree that it should be possible to close it, disable it, move it somewhere else using the interface editor, etc. It should be a fun addition for people who want to see it, not an annoyance that gets in people's way.

Seconded.

Please add an option to disable the popup in Preferences. It might be nice eye candy for some people but clearly it's a frustration for many others. We can still see when objectives complete in the chat panel which is enough.

I agree!

I wouldn't mind it so much if it had a little x to close it quicker rather than having to wait for it to finally fade out. :confused:

This would seem as a fair solution.

I have been thinking though: shouldn't disabling System Messages in Interface Editor get rid of the pop up?

Edited by Ylliarus

Toggle in settings would be best imo, but interface editor would probably work too.

I love the popup on alts when I do conquest by doing solo pve stuff, I can see the progress without opening any other window to check how far I am from hitting the goal.

I hate the popup on my character that runs nim opses. No need to explain why.

For now it can be maybe affected by double renown gain event as we now get the popup twice as often, before there was no conquest objective to increase renown level so this issue was not present with old system purely because of the different objectives.

You'd be hitting that X a lot. Better for there to be a suppress feature in preferences.

Hence why I mentioned the System Messages tab in Interface Editor. Wouldn't disabling that shut down the pop-ups?

Edit: ah, that would also shut down messages during boss fights. I can see how that might be problematic, yeah.

Edited by Ylliarus

I feel like the pop-up is half finished. It's weird, some objective completions show it, some don't. I thought it was just the legacy wide ones that popped up, but that isn't the case because I get it on the Renown Rankup. I haven't figured out how it works and what it's purpose is.

I was also surprised it wasn't available to configure in the interface editor. While I'm not bothered by it yet, I definitely advocate either for an option to suppress it completely in the options or make it so I can change the scale and location in the interface editor. Or both options.

I was also surprised it wasn't available to configure in the interface editor.

Considering the number of changes to it in recent years (0), I have the feeling that the interface editor is another example of old code the new devs don't fully understand and don't want to touch for fear of breaking it. This happens more often than you'd think in older MMOs after the original staff is gone. Game programmers are notoriously bad about commenting their code for future developers.

The DvL and GC rank pop-ups are further recent examples of them not adding anything to the editor, but at least the first doesn't come along often and the second has an X, although they're both also very annoying. With the size and frequency of this new one, I really don't want to play certain bosses such as Revan HM or Brontes NiM until it's gone. I can picture it already: I need to see which voids activate or click an orb immediately, pop-up gets in the way, wipe.

Even if they can't add it to the editor, though, I expect at least the option of a check box in the menu somewhere.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius