The companion everyone wants!!!!

Darh_Hellraiser

Bioware please explain how in the world you guys didn't actually put a rancor as a companion!?! You put wampas and nexus and voreclaws but no rancors? You could literally make one the size of the voreclaws and call it a day. You are always looking for new ways to make money on the cartel market well what class wouldn't want a rancor? Plus you already have the skins from the mounts! You could use those for the customizations! I'd personally spend 5000 cartel coins just on that comp alone I'm pretty sure just about every bounty hunter would as well. Come on bioware make a companion everyone would buy and please don't forget the customizations when you do!
  • Like 1

Bioware please explain how in the world you guys didn't actually put a rancor as a companion!?! You put wampas and nexus and voreclaws but no rancors? You could literally make one the size of the voreclaws and call it a day. You are always looking for new ways to make money on the cartel market well what class wouldn't want a rancor? Plus you already have the skins from the mounts! You could use those for the customizations! I'd personally spend 5000 cartel coins just on that comp alone I'm pretty sure just about every bounty hunter would as well. Come on bioware make a companion everyone would buy and please don't forget the customizations when you do!

No too big and would be really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
The worst companions are oversized melee companions as you start to have problems with camera angles, hit boxes, etc. Some ideas are cool on paper, but don't work as well in practice.

idk man I use the nathema voreclaw all the time and I love it. It's a phenomenal tank. Always a ****** sight to see it tanking a bunch on npcs as well. Granted it is sometimes annoying but only in situations where it doesn't actually matter. As for the people saying no one wants it, that's just crazy. It has been proven time and time again that the rancor is the most beloved creature in all of star wars, at least by the majority of fans. As a side note, the only cool stuff bioware makes anymore is on the cartel market. They gave up putting cool stuff in game a long time ago. They even ruined the one chance we had at gaining an awesome geonosian companion by making him tiny as hell. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore for in game stuff but I definitely agree that in game would be so much more worth it. Just seems like something they would wanna make money off of.

No too big and would be really annoying.

they already have big companions and people use them all the time. Personally I think it makes one's character look even more ****** that they tamed such a ****** companion. Also, almost every person I've met wishes lysslo was like the guardians instead of just being normal size or at the very least the size of khem vall or scourge.

idk man I use the nathema voreclaw all the time and I love it. It's a phenomenal tank. Always a ****** sight to see it tanking a bunch on npcs as well. Granted it is sometimes annoying but only in situations where it doesn't actually matter. As for the people saying no one wants it, that's just crazy. It has been proven time and time again that the rancor is the most beloved creature in all of star wars, at least by the majority of fans. As a side note, the only cool stuff bioware makes anymore is on the cartel market. They gave up putting cool stuff in game a long time ago. They even ruined the one chance we had at gaining an awesome geonosian companion by making him tiny as hell. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore for in game stuff but I definitely agree that in game would be so much more worth it. Just seems like something they would wanna make money off of.

I got the voreclaw from the GTN the first week it came out. I leveled it up to 50 on my main and used it for about an hour before never using it again. To this day, I still haven't purchased the account unlock in collections for it as I have no desire to be annoyed by the problems its size creates. Yeah... I thought it was going to be cool. I was wrong.

Whoops! I came into the wrong thread. I thought from the title: 'The companion everyone wants' the subject was obviously going to be HK-47. My fault. ;)

But on a serious note if they did realese such a thing it would have to be rare IMO. Can you even imagine what fleet would look like having a massive comp like that readily available on the CM? :eek:

Yeah it's already bad enough with the mounts but at least its difficult for players to navigate clicking on things while on them. Not the case if they were a companion.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Lets be honest here. Some of us, who actually enjoy playing the game, would throw our money at anything swtor creates for us. As long as we liked it enough. And this means you. Might be a rancor companion. it might be a rancor mount.

swtor devs could puke on a plate and i would have to have it. some would say they have. And i probably have it. 

2 hours ago, casirabit said:

Nope, not interested in that companion.

The rancor or the Gungan? Because I have to agree that a Rancor is too big (some of the beast companions we already have are pushing it in size, I think), but given the right characterization and backstory, I could possibly accept a Gungan.

Jar-Jar was a mistake, he tainted the Gungans by becoming all anyone thinks about when they think about Gungans. People forget about warriors like Tarful or scientists like Wolk and that's kind of sad...

Spoiler

(Wolk, interestingly enough, has an indirect connection to recent SWTOR events since he taught the scientist who designed the Gravity Well Projector and was killed trying to stop its creation; the same Gravity Well Projector that now appears in the R-12 Anomaly Operation.)

45 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

The rancor or the Gungan? Because I have to agree that a Rancor is too big (some of the beast companions we already have are pushing it in size, I think), but given the right characterization and backstory, I could possibly accept a Gungan.

Jar-Jar was a mistake, he tainted the Gungans by becoming all anyone thinks about when they think about Gungans. People forget about warriors like Tarful or scientists like Wolk and that's kind of sad...

Reveal hidden contents

(Wolk, interestingly enough, has an indirect connection to recent SWTOR events since he taught the scientist who designed the Gravity Well Projector and was killed trying to stop its creation; the same Gravity Well Projector that now appears in the R-12 Anomaly Operation.)

The rancor.