Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Primarily our focus is towards adjusting how healing works. Below you will find a list of changes that can be found on the upcoming PTS build for Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights.

Juggernaut / Guardian

Vengeance / Vigilance

• Destroyer's bleeding / Keening's burning effect bonus damage increased from 10% to 15%
  • Gushing Vein's bleeding / Smoldering Saber's burning effect critical chance bonus increased from 5% to 10%

Rage / Focus

• Brutality / Swift Slash now increases the critical strike chance of Furious Strike / Concentrated Slice and Vicious Throw / Dispatch by 15% (up from 10%)
  • The Perseverance Tactical has been redesigned:
    • Using Obliterate / Zealous Leap with Furious Power / Force Clarity causes it to critically hit and increases your critical strike chance by 20% for 2 seconds

Marauder/ Sentinel

Carnage / Combat

• Sever / Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage of Devastating Blast / Clashing Blast and Massacre / Blade Rush by 15% (up from 10%)
  • Ataru Mastery now increases the damage deal by Ataru Form attacks by 5% (up from 3%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Throughout the next week or so, a thread for Troopers/Bounty Hunters will be created with their respective changes.

Edited by DanielSteed

Just wanted to point out that the Brutality passive for rage still says it is giving 10% extra crit chance, NOT 15% on the PTS. Also i had read a datamined post earlier that mentioned the buff to cascading power (5% > 10%) which IS reflected in game, however not in the original post here.

EDIT: These how now been fixed as of the most recent refresh

Edited by RussellRichter

I just cannot believe there isn't ANY mention of marauders which you seem to be ignoring totally in this expansion.....

Fury is still the unchallenged PVP god of the class while carnage is still kept in the total joke state while anni is still inferior to lethality

There is no reason to play anything else in PVP but fury when it comes marauders so please show the other 2 specs some love too...

I just cannot believe there isn't ANY mention of marauders which you seem to be ignoring totally in this expansion.....

Fury is still the unchallenged PVP god of the class while carnage is still kept in the total joke state while anni is still inferior to lethality

There is no reason to play anything else in PVP but fury when it comes marauders so please show the other 2 specs some love too...

Fury actually got buffed, cascading power damage went from 5% > 10%

EDIT: This actually just got reverted as of the most recent update, so nevermind

Edited by RussellRichter

Can we please see some changes to survival?

Rework Endure pain? It's the last double-edged defensive in the game if you're not counting getting automatically killed for holotraversing and phantom striding.

Other ones like this were consuming darkness and undying rage. They got reworked and they're great.

Make ED give less stacks but heals more per tick? Most deaths related to ED are players doing MORE damage than what ED ticks heal for.

Give CC immunity for the duration of blade turning? (Near immunity to white doesn't last long, 2 seconds iirc.)

While CC'd defense chance doesn't work, this could help fill in gaps to gain CC immunity for its duration if not

white barred already.

Fix warmonger? .. Please. The CDR works on the charge, you just do not gain the charge until the full original CD is over.

Update reflect to reflect more damage types outside of AoE? You still take damage by instant abilities that aren't yellow currently.

Anything would really help it, these are just ideas.

on survival, i've made the suggestion to make reflect also reflect melee damage myself. It already works on single target, direct force, ranged, and tech attacks. add melee to that list, and it become like merc reflect, minus the healing component. (like with mercs, aoe is actually a way around reflect, as it works on Single Target Direct abilities).

I'd say FD needed a rescale in general, but I haven't PvPed much with the new tactical. I want to see how that works out before suggesting returning the ability to a heal to full.

What is your suggestion for enure?

Edit: I did a significant amount of PvP for the first time since the tactical was released. It's awesome for tanks, but vigi doesn't really have the survivability to benefit. Better to keep the smash monkey.

Edited by KendraP

Fury actually got buffed, cascading power damage went from 5% > 10%

EDIT: This actually just got reverted as of the most recent update, so nevermind

That is exactly the problem... They keep buffing that spec and I just don't understand why while leaving Anni and Carnage behind...

That is exactly the problem... They keep buffing that spec and I just don't understand why while leaving Anni and Carnage behind...

First of all the %5 buff has been rolled back with the patch yesterday.

Second carnage has been left behind, as a spec that is only useful in PvP... oh well.... in 2.0? It has a nice burst, that is useful in PvP.

Fury can use a slight buff (not that it needs one), it is slightly underperforming in capped content, since crit isn't as useful as power, which is capped. %5 increase in cascaded power, which is roughly a %2-3 in damage increase would have been nice.

The discussion is mute, it is not there.

Yeah these don't really address the key deficiency in ranked PVP which is both Rage and vengeance lack anti focus tools and cannot survive. On Star Forge the community will vote kick dps juggs out of games because the specs are that bad.

Can we please see some changes to survival?

Rework Endure pain? It's the last double-edged defensive in the game if you're not counting getting automatically killed for holotraversing and phantom striding.

Other ones like this were consuming darkness and undying rage. They got reworked and they're great.

Make ED give less stacks but heals more per tick? Most deaths related to ED are players doing MORE damage than what ED ticks heal for.

Give CC immunity for the duration of blade turning? (Near immunity to white doesn't last long, 2 seconds iirc.)

While CC'd defense chance doesn't work, this could help fill in gaps to gain CC immunity for its duration if not

white barred already.

Fix warmonger? .. Please. The CDR works on the charge, you just do not gain the charge until the full original CD is over.

Update reflect to reflect more damage types outside of AoE? You still take damage by instant abilities that aren't yellow currently.

Anything would really help it, these are just ideas.

Pretty much this. Fix / modify the current abilities before worrying about releasing new content please. My two cents:

Fix warmonger and modify Jugg DCDs so we can be on equal footing in ranked pvp. I'd take the warmonger fix first since it's a playstyle ruining bug.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

Some new changes for Marauders/Sentinels are now on PTS. I have updated my original post so there is a full compiled list, but here are all of the recent changes:

Carnage / Combat

• Sever / Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage of Devastating Blast / Clashing Blast and Massacre / Blade Rush by 15% (up from 10%)
  • Ataru Mastery now increases the damage deal by Ataru Form attacks by 5% (up from 3%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered.

Hello everyone!

Some new changes for Marauders/Sentinels are now on PTS. I have updated my original post so there is a full compiled list, but here are all of the recent changes:

Carnage / Combat

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered.

Looks to be a good buff in damage

I would recommend changing "Frenzied Sabers," so that it stacks up to 5 times, instead of 3 times. Or, changing the percentage from 2% to 4%.

Additionally, "Force Vigor" should increase damage reduction by 5%, instead of the 2% it currently does. Either this, or add some other useful effect to it, like an additional force charge, mad dash, or giving us a Force Leap to ally ability finally.

Now this one is really optional, but it was nice when carnage marauder had at least one DoT ability.

Ahh, back to pre-nerf Ataru form damage once again. Happy times.

This will help with damage but can we please talk about survivability for both warriors?

The GCD issue it keeps having in Fury/Concentration? It happens not exclusively to it also.

There's a lot of good ideas out there and I listed a ton of feedback here.

A few % extra dps isnt gonna do much for carnage/combat. We need better tacticals and utility. As a supposed pvp spec its extremely **** at it. We need Furious power to affect clashing blast and it shouldn't be on a tactical.Alongside some decent anti cc utility.Although i still appreciate the buffs honestly we need more. Edited by Spasi

Thank you for throwing Combat/Carnage a couple bones lately! The fix to Force Clarity/Furious Power plus these increases show us that you DO listen. Some tweaks may still be needed, time and testing will tell. But these are some very good steps in the right direction to bring Carnage dps back in line with where it should be. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Make Carnage Great Again #MCGA

Hello everyone!

Carnage / Combat

so you guys just reverted the 5.X nerf , genius xD

/s

Edited by meddani

Hello everyone!

Carnage / Combat

Decent changes. But too small. Devastating Blast is about 2% overall damage to the skill. Ataru form and Massacre maybe 2% increased damage. So like 1-1.5% overall damage increase. I do not think this anywhere close to putting Carnage around the same level as burst melee. It will still be outdpsed fairly by rage, fury, dec. and conc. It still is not worth using over fury in PvP, or any setting.

Suggestion, beside damage, why not increase frequency Carnage can use preditation (drop from 30-25 fury/secs). This can give it some more utility and is theme of it as being "agile."

Edited by Ottoattack