If I delete a boosted 70 character I did nothing with do I lose the boost?

Finrok

It depends on what kind of boost you have used. A Master's Datacron cannot be refunded, because you use it on an existing character. A Commander's Character Token however can be refunded if you have not gained a level or completed any quest with the boosted character. Edited by Phazonfreak

Why dont you just buy a toon rename from the cartel market?

Most certainly because that will either cost 1000 Cartel Coins or an absurdly high amount of credits on the GTN due to the inflation in the game. That is quite a hefty price tag for a spelling error.

Edited by Phazonfreak

A Commander's Character Token however can be refunded if you have not gained a level or completed any quest with the boosted character.

This is the essential answer, with a caveat about "any quest"...

Specifically, that means *any* mission you can do, including (not necessarily a complete list):

* Ordinary missions from random planets

* Any mission you can acquire from any mission terminal or NPC on the Fleet or anywhere else

* Crew Skill missions

* Any automatic mission granted for starting a Flashpoint, Uprising or Operation.

* Any [Heroic] mission

* A KotFE or KotET chapter

* (((Possibly))) Completing a Conquest objective <<<=== I'm not sure about this.

It *is* possible to gain a level on such a character without completing a mission, by the way - go to any planet where you can find foes who are close enough to your effective level, and slaughter them.

This is the essential answer, with a caveat about "any quest"...

Specifically, that means *any* mission you can do, including (not necessarily a complete list):

* Ordinary missions from random planets

* Any mission you can acquire from any mission terminal or NPC on the Fleet or anywhere else

* Crew Skill missions

* Any automatic mission granted for starting a Flashpoint, Uprising or Operation.

* Any [Heroic] mission

* A KotFE or KotET chapter

* (((Possibly))) Completing a Conquest objective <<<=== I'm not sure about this.

It *is* possible to gain a level on such a character without completing a mission, by the way - go to any planet where you can find foes who are close enough to your effective level, and slaughter them.

I will also add to that : The boost is also NOT refundable if you gained ANY XP. Even as little as a single digit xp by tapping some wildlife with your pixelstick for example is enough to be locked out of a refund.

I will also add to that : The boost is also NOT refundable if you gained ANY XP. Even as little as a single digit xp by tapping some wildlife with your pixelstick for example is enough to be locked out of a refund.

Huh. Everyone has always said "a mission completed or a level gained", but what you say is in keeping with the general idea.

So, the bottom line is:

If you've really done nothing with the character, you can get your boost back. And that would certainly be a much cheaper way to correct a spelling mistake.

It would be funny if you deleted the character and then discovered that the name you originally wanted, isn't available. :D:)

• 1 year later...
On character creation screen it only says the following will make it nonrefundable;

*Gain a character level

*Complete any Crew Skill mission or task

*Complete any mission.

Yes, that was more or less my point when I posted a response that began "Huh". I certainly wouldn't want to count on those words you cited being the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth(1). Best be conservative and assume that anything except standing around on Fleet and looking at the appearance of your character will cause you to lose the refund.

(1) I doubt that any of the conditions cited are incorrect, but that doesn't mean there aren't other things that could cause it to be locked out and not refundable.

I created a level 70 and gave him the wrong name. I haven't ran a quest or did anything at all. If I delete him does the boost return or is it gone forever?

As others have said, a Commander's Character Token will be refunded if, as you say, you've done nothing with the character. But that's the catch, you really do have to have done absolutely nothing at all.

When in doubt, the best bet is to just contact support and ask them.

Most certainly because that will either cost 1000 Cartel Coins or an absurdly high amount of credits on the GTN due to the inflation in the game. That is quite a hefty price tag for a spelling error.

It's cheaper than losing the Boosted character. Yes, he lost it if he deleted it.

There's no need for guess work here. The game outright tells you if your token will be refunded before you delete the character.

Here's what it looks like if the token won't be refunded. Bold, red text making it very clear that the token won't be refunded. This shows up when you press the delete button on the token character, but before you've confirmed the deletion, so you can check this and then make your decision on if you want to delete the character or not.