The Final Debate - Who was more powerful, Darth Nox OR The Emperor’s Wrath

ItsGonky

Today, I ask a question. A question that many people have been asking on these forums. The question can be simplified into Sith Inquisitor VS Sith Warrior but I am not interested in who is more powerful in terms of combat, abilities etc.

No, I ask lore/story-wise who was more powerful. Darth Nox definitely had the superior bloodline and he became a member of The Dark Council whereas The Emperor's Wrath was handpicked by the Emperor himself to enforce his will.

I would like to split this complex question in multiple areas

Who had more power (politically)?

Who was more respected within the Empire?

Who had better training?

Etc

One thing I really hated about the sith warrior was that he was literally a sith version of Hulk who was literally used by others, Valkorion, Baras, Vowrann, Marr etc. However, the inquisitor was cunning, manipulative and my assassin/shadow was literally a combination of Maul's ****** side and Palpatine's manipulative and clever side. The inquisitor is smart and actually wants to take clever steps to eventually overthrow the emperor himself.

Let me know your thoughts! :)

Okay, hard question. I will answer some of the questions separately and then come to my conclusion.

Who had more power (politically)?

As the Emperor stands above the council, our warrior would have been the last instance the emperor would call for if things got out of hand. But we mustn't forget:

The emperor did almost never speak. He was mysterious and had his own plans in which the wrath was maybe meant to be involved but in the end wasn't. Also, the emperor trusted no one with his knowledge and the warrior was only his instrument to be used. The wraths' orders came from someone else.

The Dark Council decided most of the time (or that is at it seems). Especially after the emperor disappeared, the wrath had no big power anymore. He was still used by several members of the council to do some work but I think he couldn't have refused anything, as the emperor was believed to be dead and so the wrath was "useless" until a new one took the emperors seat.

But by allying with Marr, he gained power in the council and also gained respect, as he was still very valuable, so his skill was beyond doubt and his power must have grown.

I suppose the Inquisitor had the most power as he/she/they made their own rules in their area and followed their own orders. Also, right before KotFE, he was one of the most appreciated dark council members, which meant more power, especially when he allied with Marr. Which quite answers the second question:

Who was more respected within the Empire?

The Inquisitor was very well respected by the dark council and with that he must have been respected by so many within the Sith. Yet, while the emperor lasted, the wrath was no secret and also respected very much. Still, I think that after the emperors disappearing, many tried to claim the thrown and many others lost respect to the emperor and his followers.

In the end, the respect must have been a bit bigger for the Inquisitor.

Wo had better training?

No doubt, the Inquisitor. I always disliked how our warrior was shipped in so early and didn't need to climb the ladder from the beginning. That is why I always sympathized a little bit with Vemrin, he really did earn his place. Our dear Inquisitor had to rise from slavery, broke all tradition, always proofed to be better than expected, was held back by Harkun, Zash, Thanaton and never had the emperor our any other help than his companions by his side. While the warrior always learned how to combat and only dominate, the Inquisitor INHALED the Sith Code and lived through it in all it's ways. Learned how to never give up but be passionate about his dreams, get powerful from 0, got strength by binding ghosts, was victorious against all his opponents and broke his chains from all those who held him back.

Personally, I loved the Inquisitor story. It kind of annoyed me when he was so naive to challenge Thanaton with that less power (the first time), but he learned, he always did. And his rising was wonderful.

I also love the warrior, but I give this point to the Inquisitor.

Addition: That is my personal view. I know that this is also a matter of perspective, I just gave my reasons and conclusion.

Edited by jedi-charlotte

They roughly balance out as far as I'm concerned.

*Shrugs*

I give a more detailed answer over in the 'Classes' forum if you want.

Sidenote; The 'Dark Counciller' isn't necessarily "Darth Nox", that's only if they go pure-Dark; Light-side the Inquisitor becomes "Darth Imperius" and if you manage true-Neutral, they're dubbed "Darth Occulus". I do assume that you mean the Inquisitor in general and not a DS Inquisitor specifically, despite the use of "Darth Nox"...

The Inquisitor has the stronger political power. He works within the system and defeats his rivals.

The Warrior has the stronger personal power. No one commands him, not even the Emperor. He nominally works for him, but since he's silent the Warrior does as he pleases. The Council does not touch him even when the Emperor is gone. He's independent.

Both are equal in their power of the Force.

In terms of personal power and training, the SW is clearly above the SI, as the SW wins their fight mostly through their own strength, power and training, whereas the SI need Khem's sacrifice, grand-daddy Kallig, Zash's former apprentices and all the ghosts to survive.

In terms of political power the SI would have the edge as a member of the Dark Council, having their own powerbase. But the SW as the Wrath can technically command pretty much everyone in the Emperor's name (as long as the Emperor is there that is), outside maybe the DC. That being said the SW becomes the Wrath only because of their personal connection to Baras and because Scourge left with the JK. If Scourge was still there, i doubt Baras would've risked his life going against Vitiate and even if he did, there would be no need for a new Wrath anyways.

In terms of overall respect, i think they'd be pretty even by the end of their class story.

As for the cunning and manipulative part, honestly i felt far more cunning and manipulative as a fairly neutral SW than as the SI (of any alignement), which is sad as the SI is supposed to be super clever, cunning and manipulative but falls in every single trap and constantly needs to be saved by others.