Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xordevoreaux
03.27.2021 , 11:50 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
but the long daily zone weeklies correspond weekly POs.
I consider completing all of Black Hole a long weekly. Change my mind.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Stradlin
03.27.2021 , 01:42 PM | #102
GSF Objectives showing up for me today as well

Has anyone seen railshooter POs on that list? Heroic space missions are curently without a special unique reward of any kind. Adding them as an objective could be nice.Maybe objective for normal space mission, one for heroic space missions.

There is an in sane amount of rampage stuff on that list. I hope objectives get bit more diverse and interesting.

JediQuaker
03.27.2021 , 04:41 PM | #103
After reading through most of this thread, I'm still not clear on what the PO quests mean.
For example, a quest that says 0/1 PO: Balmora Insectoids 2
Does that mean I need to kill 2 Insectoids? - probably not because that does nothing.
Or, does it mean I need to do some sort of "level 2" conquest rampage?
Or what?
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

casirabit
03.27.2021 , 05:56 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
After reading through most of this thread, I'm still not clear on what the PO quests mean.
For example, a quest that says 0/1 PO: Balmora Insectoids 2
Does that mean I need to kill 2 Insectoids? - probably not because that does nothing.
Or, does it mean I need to do some sort of "level 2" conquest rampage?
Or what?
The PO level 2 GS is like the Conquest 2 rampage.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

DWho
03.27.2021 , 06:04 PM | #105
Having "finished" the first week of the Galactic Seasons, I've noticed one fairly large problem if it is not just a PTS issue. All week, the dailies I got were for Corellia and Makeb. While this is not an issue for someone with a high level character (these two missions require at least a level 40 character and more likely one at level 50). This would leave all new players out of the content since they would not have had characters of sufficient level to participate. While it's possible this was a bad random draw, the objectives not changing was more problematic. Someone just starting out could easily miss out on 2 or 3 week of dailies while they level their characters.

Other than that, the interface is confusing (though some of that will be fixed once the extra daily objectives that do not count toward completion are removed) and cluttered with all of the Galactic Seasons objectives mixed in with the Conquest objectives. It's also a little light on rewards as others have noted. Perhaps adding xp boosts or additional minor decorations to fill out the levels would be in line.

All in all it seems to be little more than a Conquest+ system. It's a nice system to bring back old rewards but it needs some work to make it more balanced. Another concern would be in regards to using rampages as the primary "solo" content. This easily could lead to whole sections of low level planets devoid of the NPCs needed for leveling characters to complete their quests. This was the biggest problem at launch in the leveling arena when you needed to farm NPCs to get enough levels to go on to the next planet. Lots of players quit in frustration of having to wait for respawns and dealing with ninjas. Perhaps some of the rampages could be replaced with complete 2 or 3 heroics on a planet (which generally needs about the same number of kills) on the lower level planets

Stradlin
03.28.2021 , 04:24 AM | #106
I currently have Defeat Mobs: Ziost as one of my two daily POs. Are there even mobs to defeat on Post-armageddon Ziost? Been years since I visited.. Went there on TC and couldn't find anything living besides a very lonelly world boss.

Please give players some way to influence what kind of objectives they have available. I'd like to have tokens that ensure I always have a GSF objective there, for example. Loot tables of this game are in dire need of something bit..novel and different I think. Such tokens would liven things up. Token for activating pvp PO from pvp boxes, tokens for GSF POs from GSF crates, FP stuff from last bosses in FPs..and so on.

Basically, ONLY the two PO objectives highlighted via rewards menu are supposed to give points, correct? All the others present on conq menu are there for show/for info and testing purposes? I went to Balmorra and scored two random PO dings, they didn't give any points. Surely the irrelevant objectives are made invisible/inactive once this thing goes to live, right?

I sense the huge pile of inactive objectives on display is very efficient in confusing people testing. Folks check the big list of potential objectives, go " looks pretty cool" and don't notice 99% of it is there just for the show. I bet the restricting " do these two today!" nature of things isn't apparent to people.

Which are the Priority Weekly Objectives atm? I can only see the daily objectives highligfhted. (two rampages)

Should the two active PO-objectives listed change on daily basis or something? I've been stuck with that Ziost rampage for as long as this patch been live on TC. I've had Taris rampage (Which I completed) and Ziost rampage there all the time, never seen anything else.

Give people change to reroll the objectives available please. At least one of the two should get to be a personal favorite imo.

Dekibra
03.28.2021 , 06:24 AM | #107
There are already many valid points made here, so I have nothing new to add, just weighing in:
- the weekly objectives are hard to find (I didn‘t so far - tapping on the weekly objectives in the GS window just brought me back to the dailies/conquest tab )
- the Daily & weekly objectives need their own tab, preferably with some more descriptions
- the galactic season levels really look empty! There needs to be way more rewards, aka a reward for every level!
- there should be a visual progress bar for every level
- the number of tokens you get are way to few! It should be possible to buy everything the vendor has to offer at the end of the season!

JediQuaker
03.28.2021 , 08:00 AM | #108
I finally, after a couple hours of mindlessly killing stuff, figured out the the PO: objectives are basically the CQ objectives, but phrased in a obscure manner.
For example, the PO: Balmorra one is basically the CQ Balmorra Rampage to kill 75 insectoids.
The PO: Onderon Enemies 2 would require you to do the "level 2" CQ rampage (which is 25 + 50 = 75).

But after completing the Onderon ones I got nothing except the CQ objectives.
After completing Balmorra, the PO showed as being 'checked off' in the Conquest list, but I got no reward for it. So I'm still trying find a way to get the tokens to buy a Fleet Apartment. 😥

BTW - PSA - some people seem to be complaining about trying to find the POs in the conquest list. If you sort the list alphabetically, or by type, or (at the moment) by points, all the POs are listed together.
(There is a 'sort' dropdown at the top of the CQ window.)
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Selkcun
03.28.2021 , 08:24 AM | #109
I had no problem testing.
Please answer the following questions:
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page? Yes, by clicking the little check mark on the menu bar where the daily login rewards are. That also shows me whether I completed my GS tasks.
Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen? Yes, there were only two at the top but it was the same two everyday. I tried one further down the list with the PO at the beginning but didn't get credit for it so I presumed that the only ones that provided credit are the ones at the top. I never found any weekly objectives with PO so I didn't try any.
In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives? They seem fine and varied. They are sufficiently difficult to make it a fair objective. Laying down 30 decos or anything so easy would just be lazy and shouldn't earn a GS award.
How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS? It seems fine to me. I'm not a fan of being able to buy points with real money, although that just means rich people will get bored and leave the game quicker. Suits me fine.
What other general feedback would you would like to tell us? My biggest interest in expansions is the map and scenery additions. I was happy that I was able to, but want to point out that, I was able to stealth all the way to the end of the flash point solo with only a few fights. I didn't get to see the bosses but I was able to see all the scenery. I like the vendor addition on the fleet, however, it doesn't seem like anyone will be able to earn enough tokens to buy everything from the vendor before they reach GS level 100. I'm not understanding how we will be able to earn more tokens for additional vendor items after we reach 100. It appears to be a legacy level. I checked multiple characters and they all showed the same level as I progressed so I can't rerun any previous level for more rewards/tokens. It appears we have to decide what we want from the vendor and once we spend our tokens, that will be the last time we use that vendor. Sure is a fancy spot on the fleet for a vendor that will become obsolete so soon.

casirabit
03.28.2021 , 10:46 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I finally, after a couple hours of mindlessly killing stuff, figured out the the PO: objectives are basically the CQ objectives, but phrased in a obscure manner.
For example, the PO: Balmorra one is basically the CQ Balmorra Rampage to kill 75 insectoids.
The PO: Onderon Enemies 2 would require you to do the "level 2" CQ rampage (which is 25 + 50 = 75).

But after completing the Onderon ones I got nothing except the CQ objectives.
After completing Balmorra, the PO showed as being 'checked off' in the Conquest list, but I got no reward for it. So I'm still trying find a way to get the tokens to buy a Fleet Apartment. 😥

BTW - PSA - some people seem to be complaining about trying to find the POs in the conquest list. If you sort the list alphabetically, or by type, or (at the moment) by points, all the POs are listed together.
(There is a 'sort' dropdown at the top of the CQ window.)
From what I have determined (trial by error p) is the two that pop up at the top of the list are the only ones that give you any points (I will spare you my view on that p) and right now that doesn't seem to change. I have been stuck with Voss Rampage 2 since it has been live and the other one I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole (pvp). Doesn't seem the others give you any points as I went and did some of the weeklies and Nope no points.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.