Kinda impossible to get silver or gold

TheOverMind-

1- players doing 0 dps and 1k hps per round with 250k dmg taken is totally wintrading.

2-When it's my turn to get roasted I get global by 3. I can handle 2 but 3 is too much since my allies are sometimes very tunneling their mind or doing s*** around and make zero kill on other side. No guard nor offhealings. So I have only few seconds to survive. Can't breath 1 second. Using discord or a similar communicating tool to make strats against 1 person for pure vengeance. No thanks.

I'm just gonna preach bad things to everything about this game until my very last day. Good luck kids

Edited by TheOverMind-

1- players doing 0 dps and 1k hps per round with 250k dmg taken is totally wintrading.

2-When it's my turn to get roasted I get global by 3. I can handle 2 but 3 is too much since my allies are sometimes very tunneling their mind or doing s*** around and make zero kill on other side. No guard nor offhealings. So I have only few seconds to survive. Can't breath 1 second. Using discord or a similar communicating tool to make strats against 1 person for pure vengeance. No thanks.

I'm just gonna preach bad things to everything about this game until my very last day. Good luck kids

Silver is possible, pretty much so . But in my humble opinion , it's very unlikely you will get gold . The majority of players are sitting in the silver, bronze, below bronze range . How some people just go straight to the top or to get gold is always a good question , but you should be playing ranked out of enjoyment and not out of glory hunting. Like I've said, statiscally and mathematically it's highly unlikely you will get near gold due to what the que throws at you all the time. You will have very good runs with lots of wins followed by series of losses you just cannot do anything about . Maybe roll another char, or make another alt and try again .

I don't even look at the ratings. Ranked q is just the Arena q. Unfortunately there are only a handful of players that q up, so it doesn't pop most hours of the day and when it does its the same 2-3 teams just mixed up. You can't get an accurate rating if you're not averaging your skill across a large sample size of players. A lot of non-pvp players are afraid of getting destroyed or just don't think the rewards are good enough. I also hear a lot of complaints about toxicity, but I never read what the randoms are typing anyway.

Best way to resolve this is Unranked Arenas. The unranked q pops all the time and it seems like a diverse mix of players. That would make it harder to win trade and there would be less incentive to do so. I know your post is about rating, but this is something I've been trying to push more ahead of the new update.

I don't even look at the ratings. Ranked q is just the Arena q. Unfortunately there are only a handful of players that q up, so it doesn't pop most hours of the day and when it does its the same 2-3 teams just mixed up. You can't get an accurate rating if you're not averaging your skill across a large sample size of players. A lot of non-pvp players are afraid of getting destroyed or just don't think the rewards are good enough. I also hear a lot of complaints about toxicity, but I never read what the randoms are typing anyway.

Best way to resolve this is Unranked Arenas. The unranked q pops all the time and it seems like a diverse mix of players. That would make it harder to win trade and there would be less incentive to do so. I know your post is about rating, but this is something I've been trying to push more ahead of the new update.

SF has had a couple of guilds pushing new players into the que recently. Hasn't actually been that bad. I've enjoyed seeing new faces, even if they aren't as good as the old vets yet. More people should que for ranked for fun, without caring about their elo or the toxicity.

A lot of non-pvp players are afraid of getting destroyed or just don't think the rewards are good enough.

You should always practice your class in regs pvp before moving to ranked pvp. You don't have to be a god, but basic skills are required. I would discourage non-pvpers like RPers and storymode players from queing ranked. It will not be an enjoyable experience for them or anyone on their team.

Edited by septru

Keep queing and practicing ceres. You're improving, even if you make HIGHLY questionable decisions sometimes (that's the nice way of saying it).

Solo ranked relies a lot on your first 10 placement matches. If you lose 4-5 of those, getting gold is going to be a long road.

I would just ignore your rating and enjoy the experience. Solo ranked for me is solving a problem and implementing myself to be as effective as possible. CCing the right target as often as possible, timing burst at the appropriate time on the appropriate target, and stretching your utility to give your team the best chance. You're never going to win them all. If you're a middle of the pack player, you wont get gold unless youre engaged in win trading or get in the queue with lesser players, or just get carried through your first 20 matches.

It's ok. If youre the first target that gets tunneled, you should work on your kiting and just staying alive. If your teammate is getting tunneled into the ground, figure out a way to increase the time they stay alive. You still wont win them all and sometimes just team comp is enough to beat you.

It's a fun game mode. Treat it as such. You are playing against a lot of the better players on the server and it should increase your reaction time to abilities you sometimes pass over in regular wz's. As you get better, so will your ELO. But at the end of the day, its just ELO of a low population game of one of the least played game modes. No one really cares if youre 1200 rated or 2k rated.

who tf really cares? Lost Ark drops in 3 weeks. I already gave away all my stuff. And you are %100 correct about these dudes that are wintraders. I wintraded for all my top 3s and golds back on Jung Ma with my group. We did this from Season 1 all the way until season 6. The best part about an RP server is that you could convince RPers to queue Team ranked for color crystals and other stuff like that. Half the time we weren't even trading we were just beating up on rpers with no pvp gear in arenas. And do you want to know why we do it? It's not because we are bads. Its quite the opposite. Its because we want value for our time. Sitting around waiting for 15 minutes for a queue to pop then its a 3v4 or some loudmouth retard who tells everyone on his team to drink bleach then jumps down from spawn and stuck it is not real pvp. I've got 3 banks full of ranked weapons. It's actually quite comical how easy the devs made it. Devs don't really care either way. I never got banned for it neither did noone else I knew. :tran_cool:

Keep queing and practicing ceres. You're improving, even if you make HIGHLY questionable decisions sometimes (that's the nice way of saying it).

When I do those questionable decision it's time for me to go bed or to take a break. Sometimes I should stop myself queuing cuz I've put too much negative energy on it. Same thing as the first message I've put in this topic.

Feels good feels bad good days bad days. What ever...

The way Swtor Solo-Ranked Arenas work, they should have never existed.

Or at least SR should have always been without ranking.

SR should be the training ground for TR, and this is where BW missed the boat in 2013.

Ranking should be for TR only where there is a team at work.

Not a gambling game, because that is what it actually is a gambling game with luck.

The main reason is that the que match making system never worked good or as intended.

Not only to class stacking but also in Skill composition. It has been a mess which was never fixed.

I say if you want to get high ranking you got to go with the que and play multiple characters also of the same class.

That is how you get Gold. They have a secondary sometimes even a third of the same class, and roll it over when the que is not in favour, in class type and player type.

So like that the main which always gets the gold is always in a safe spot.

Edited by limenutpen

who tf really cares? Lost Ark drops in 3 weeks. I already gave away all my stuff. And you are %100 correct about these dudes that are wintraders. I wintraded for all my top 3s and golds back on Jung Ma with my group. We did this from Season 1 all the way until season 6. The best part about an RP server is that you could convince RPers to queue Team ranked for color crystals and other stuff like that. Half the time we weren't even trading we were just beating up on rpers with no pvp gear in arenas. And do you want to know why we do it? It's not because we are bads. Its quite the opposite. Its because we want value for our time. Sitting around waiting for 15 minutes for a queue to pop then its a 3v4 or some loudmouth retard who tells everyone on his team to drink bleach then jumps down from spawn and stuck it is not real pvp. I've got 3 banks full of ranked weapons. It's actually quite comical how easy the devs made it. Devs don't really care either way. I never got banned for it neither did noone else I knew. :tran_cool:

People like this love to believe that "everyone wintrades" to justfiy their own terrible behavior. The truth is, only a small proportion of golds and top 3s are being wintraded for in solo ranked. There are still recent wintraders like Sephorus and Shalom that get away with it because Bioware has stopped banning cheaters, but that's a separate issue.

Not a gambling game, because that is what it actually is a gambling game with luck.

Luck can be a factor game to game, because there are many factors outside of your control when you queue for solo ranked. But over a large enough sample of games, those factors even out. Everyone experiences leavers, throwers, mismatched class comps, etc. Good players are still able to get gold reliably, and elo in general still does a good job of sorting players, assuming you play a decent number of games to establish a relatively accurate elo range.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

People like this love to believe that "everyone wintrades" to justfiy their own terrible behavior. The truth is, only a small proportion of golds and top 3s are being wintraded for in solo ranked. There are still recent wintraders like Sephorus and Shalom that get away with it because Bioware has stopped banning cheaters, but that's a separate issue.

Luck can be a factor game to game, because there are many factors outside of your control when you queue for solo ranked. But over a large enough sample of games, those factors even out. Everyone experiences leavers, throwers, mismatched class comps, etc. Good players are still able to get gold reliably, and elo in general still does a good job of sorting players, assuming you play a decent number of games to establish a relatively accurate elo range.

Why is it terrible behavior? We were all in on it lol. The RPers didn't care. They were still ending up with more junk from rank then they would've got either way. Don't blame us, blame the incompetenta at Bioware for making the ranked mode of this game 4v4 joke mode instead of 8v8 and leaving it that way long past it prime. This game is like old beef. The only current MMO more dead then SWTOR is New World.

Edited by XYouMadBroX

Why is it terrible behavior? We were all in on it lol. The RPers didn't care. They were still ending up with more junk from rank then they would've got either way. Don't blame us, blame the incompetenta at Bioware for making the ranked mode of this game 4v4 joke mode instead of 8v8 and leaving it that way long past it prime. This game is like old beef. The only current MMO more dead then SWTOR is New World.

I can easily blame both. Trying to justify cheating by pointing to incompetent devs does not follow. You still cheated to get rewards that other people were trying to get legitimately, not to mention devaluing those rewards for people that did get them legitimately. It's sad that I even have to type out stuff like this.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I can easily blame both. Trying to justify cheating by pointing to incompetent devs does not follow. You still cheated to get rewards that other people were trying to get legitimately, not to mention devaluing those rewards for people that did get them legitimately. It's sad that I even have to type out stuff like this.

That should show you how little I give a **** about this game. I would do it again if I had the chance too bud because being a "top swtor pvper" is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. Or maybe the tallest Giraffe. Either analogy is acceptable. 4s has never been a real competitive game mode and SWTOR pvp has never been real competitive pvp. And what you call cheating I call playing a disfunctional system to me and my friends benefits. Or does it say in the TOS, "thou shalt not convince RP players on an RP server to queue team ranked?" Enjoy SWTOR in 7.0 and keep being that tall giraffe. I have been trying so hard to get banned for the past 3 years but the devs don't seem to want to punish anyone that you think is a bad egg.

Totally disagree. This is the opposite. There's a small proportion of golds and top 3s are being ''NON'' wintraders against the rest. Just go take a look at the leaderboard and make an conclusion about how and why the graphic of everyone is getting an oblique :jawa_mad: I wonder why?

Lol no. You think you have plenty of control of what is going on while you enter a 4v4 SR? You're clearly hidding something or telling me that it is so easy because you got experience with thousands of games played in SR you are able to go throught all problems and everything is ok so you decided to get gold tomorrow? ''Pop'' you got it and there we go I got my gold straight up. Life is pink and ez. I got my house my babies my beautiful women and no need to work anymore? If it was so ez why those good players like prum would go for wintrades? He clearly admited he did on a recorded interview. Why all these top players on leaderboard got a non stop oblique in their graphic until they reach 80 wins with 1.5k elo and then no more plays or any game played in weeks and months after this? Seriously? You don't talk about the games people d/c or just leave the game for being insulted or those who just stuck when the round starts and those who with 0dps or litterally do nothing. You lose A LOT of time and elo with this. It is hard to believe when a pro player have 3 new faces in his team who doesn't know how to play a game vs 4 experienced can make you up to gold when this situation come more than often on the table. I don't say it's impossible but to say all gold/plat players have their win without any inconvenient and say ''a small group is cheating/wintrading''. lmao...

Edited by TheOverMind-

That should show you how little I give a **** about this game. I would do it again if I had the chance too bud because being a "top swtor pvper" is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. Or maybe the tallest Giraffe. Either analogy is acceptable. 4s has never been a real competitive game mode and SWTOR pvp has never been real competitive pvp. And what you call cheating I call playing a disfunctional system to me and my friends benefits. Or does it say in the TOS, "thou shalt not convince RP players on an RP server to queue team ranked?" Enjoy SWTOR in 7.0 and keep being that tall giraffe. I have been trying so hard to get banned for the past 3 years but the devs don't seem to want to punish anyone that you think is a bad egg.

The devs are indeed incompetent. But you are also a bad person. These two facts are not mutually exclusive.

He clearly admited he did on a recorded interview. Why all these top players on leaderboard got a non stop oblique in their graphic.

#TheForums

btw you need to actually watch the interview, rather than listen to what other people say about the interview if that's what you think Ceres.

Edited by septru

Totally disagree. This is the opposite. There's a small proportion of golds and top 3s are being ''NON'' wintraders against the rest. Just go take a look at the leaderboard and make an conclusion about how and why the graphic of everyone is getting an oblique :jawa_mad: I wonder why?

And what is your evidence for such a broad claim? "Just go take a look at the leaderboard" doesn't mean anything.

Lol no. You think you have plenty of control of what is going on while you enter a 4v4 SR? You're clearly hidding something or telling me that it is so easy because you got experience with thousands of games played in SR you are able to go throught all problems and everything is ok so you decided to get gold tomorrow? ''Pop'' you got it and there we go I got my gold straight up. Life is pink and ez. I got my house my babies my beautiful women and no need to work anymore? If it was so ez why those good players like prum would go for wintrades? He clearly admited he did on a recorded interview. Why all these top players on leaderboard got a non stop oblique in their graphic until they reach 80 wins with 1.5k elo and then no more plays or any game played in weeks and months after this? Seriously? You don't talk about the games people d/c or just leave the game for being insulted or those who just stuck when the round starts and those who with 0dps or litterally do nothing. You lose A LOT of time and elo with this. It is hard to believe when a pro player have 3 new faces in his team who doesn't know how to play a game vs 4 experienced can make you up to gold when this situation come more than often on the table. I don't say it's impossible but to say all gold/plat players have their win without any inconvenient and say ''a small group is cheating/wintrading''. lmao...

Most people are not wintrading in solo ranked. The educated squad people that got banned were wintrading as a group in the early mornings. Sephorus queued with bots in early mornings. Other wintraders have their friends queue at the same time and when they're on the other team they purposely don't try as hard. But all of these methods are quite easy for the community to notice in action. I'm telling you, there is not a high volume of wintrading going on in solo ranked this season.

As for how "easy" it is to get gold, that's totally relative. It's "easy" if you're good enough to do it. There are plenty of players much better than me, yet I have 6 gold sorcs/sages this season, including two in only 33 and 56 wins to get there. One of them took me 162 wins. Clearly there is variance involved and factors outside of one's control. But the fact is, if you have any degree of persistence, and you are a good enough player to get gold, then you will get gold. It's honestly pretty simple.

And what is your evidence for such a broad claim? "Just go take a look at the leaderboard" doesn't mean anything.

It does in my book. You can't have 80 straight wins this is unimaginable. If you got a clean oblique and not a broken line in a graphic that means you just won 80 consecutive matches. Otherwise we wouldn't see something that appears more to look like a lightning oblique or moutains of lines. That's my conclusion and this is pretty logic unless bioware missed any information about those graphic if I'm right.

It does in my book. You can't have 80 straight wins this is unimaginable. If you got a clean oblique and not a broken line in a graphic that means you just won 80 consecutive matches. Otherwise we wouldn't see something that appears more to look like a lightning oblique or moutains of lines. That's my conclusion and this is pretty logic unless bioware missed any information about those graphic if I'm right.

The leaderboards only show activity from the past 17 days in those graphs. If the games were played earlier than that it just shows a straight line.

And the problem and why SR is worth even less then Regz is because these people are still in the game, and still flaunt there rewards. These people should be banned from Ranked full stop with all previous rewards and taken. If you are doing any amateur sports and you are caught tinkering the system you are banned.

An example to see that Gold is hard or impossible to get is if you play clean is Snave.

He is a good Operative and understands PvP mechanics very well. Did he every get Gold, AFAIK not.

Why because the Shenigans ruin his games. Not only bad players who try who have the right to try, but the rest that happens in SR is beyond morally acceptable.

Edited by limenutpen

These people should be banned from Ranked full stop with all previous rewards and taken. If you are doing any amateur sports and you are caught tinkering the system you are banned.

This is correct.

And the problem and why SR is worth even less then Regz is because these people are still in the game, and still flaunt there rewards.

This is incorrect. The cheaters are still a small minority of the ranked population. Ranked is still a million times more competitive (and therefore more fun, in my opinion) than regs.

I don't know, most people that get gold don't wintrade. Also I feel personally attacked since it's actually quite hard for me to get to 1500 and yet I did a few this and last season, saying I didn't do it by improving my gameplay, improving how to support my team is disrespectful after having played 4k games over two seasons.

Saying the Top players who don't even have to tryhard to get to 1500 are wintrading is insane, I feel like the Bronze players are not good enough to comprehend how much better the Top players are. Of course there are a few wintraders here and there, but they won't hinder you from reaching your own goal. Also complaining about your team is stupid *unless* someone is in their first 20 games, you are in the spot you deserve to be because as a matter of fact the matchmaking (while it can be exploited by highly experienced players) is working as it should be, it makes most games somewhat fair and winable.

You have to be the difference. Since you are in 100% of your games which makes you the biggest impact on your elo.

An example to see that Gold is hard or impossible to get is if you play clean is Snave.

He is a good Operative and understands PvP mechanics very well. Did he every get Gold, AFAIK not.

Why because the Shenigans ruin his games. Not only bad players who try who have the right to try, but the rest that happens in SR is beyond morally acceptable.

You got to be kidding me, how exactly is Snave a benchmark for a Gold player? Are people actually this clueless and believe just because a person streams and talks bs they are good at the game?