Galactic Seasons 2 and Activity Finder on PTS!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

The Public Test Server is now open again. This phase of PTS will remain open throughout the holiday season.

What’s new in this iteration of PTS:

• Character copy is back!
  • Galactic Seasons 2 is now available
  • Activity Finder and Flashpoint/Operation availability has been added
  • Weekly Featured Content Missions are now available
  • You can find these on Mission Terminals in the Fleets and in Groupfinder
  • Loot Discipline preferences have been re-enabled and can be chosen by right clicking your character portrait
  • Achievements are no longer transferred during a PTS Character Copy
  • Adjustments have been made to the balance of both Story Mode Operations and Veteran Mode Operations

Now let’s talk about why achievements are not currently transferring via Character Copy. PTS Rewards are back! Players can earn rewards by doing the following:

• Logging into PTS
  • Completing a Class Story on any Class
  • Complete all expansion Story content
  • Reaching item rating 322 with one of your characters and complete the PvP, Heroic, and Flashpoint Weekly Missions
  • Completing all of the above

More details about the rewards and titles that can be earned during this PTS phase can be found here! To clarify some information:

• Progress made against these goals have been tracked since the last time PTS was wiped and brought back online, so that would be since the 8th.
  • Completing the class story is measured by having the “Complete Act 1, 2, and 3” Achievements of the same class
  • Complete all expansion Story content means all expansions currently existing (pre-7.0). You must have completed the following Achievements:
    • “Revenge of the Archon” or “Taking on Toborro”
    • “Facing the Shadow” or “Confronting the Shadow”
    • “Complete Chapter XVI of KOTFE”
    • “Complete Chapter IX of Eternal Throne”
    • “The Race to Refuel” or “The Failsafe”

For completing group content, here are a couple of windows of time where we have seen a lot of activity:

• EU playtime window: 12:00pm - 2:00pm CT / 6:00pm - 8:00pm UTC
  • NA playtime window: 6:00pm - 8:00pm CT / 12:00am - 2:00am UTC

What new types of feedback are we looking for?

We would like a key focus to be the player experience with playstyles that were not possible pre-7.0. Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.

Please also note that with Galactic Seasons 2, we are looking for general feedback on the system that could help refine future seasons. Though Galactic Seasons 2 is available on PTS, we are focusing on polishing the system rather than revamping anything currently in place. Of course, if there is anything impeding progress or system breaking, that will be addressed and fixed, so please let us know if you run into anything of that nature. As a reminder, Cartel Coin rewards will be on the tracks when Galactic Seasons 2 goes live. They will never be present in a PTS setting.

Now that the main gearing acquisition and upgrade flows are on PTS, we would like feedback how this feels, and how the pace to acquire gear feels. In addition, we would like new feedback on game scaling and how balance feels relative to the gear being worn in all content: Heroics, Operations, Flashpoints, etc.

To get started on the PTS, follow the steps listed here and let us know if you experience any issues.

Additionally, please review the known issues and status updates post before hopping back into PTS.

For a complete list of all the feedback threads, click here. If you are providing feedback about any of these topics, please use the designated threads so feedback is consolidated. It helps us make sure we gather everything together.

Thank you!

EDIT: Added reminder about Cartel Coins on rewards track.

EDIT 2: Added details of rewards and titles including the PTS article.

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let’s talk about why achievements are not currently transferring via Character Copy. PTS Rewards are back! Players can earn rewards by doing the following:

• Logging into PTS
  • Reaching item rating 322 with one of your characters and complete the PvP, Heroic, and Flashpoint Weekly Missions

We will be posting details on the rewards and titles later this week.

I think we need some clarification on some of these:

Completing a Class Story on any Class

Do we have to start a new character for this? Can we use a transferred character? I have a few level 75s that have only made it past their starter planets. How much of the story do we have to complete to get this achievement? Only the final class story mission?

[*]Complete all expansion Story content

Every single expansion that has been released so far?

Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Shadow of Revan

Knights of the Fallen

Knights of the Eternal Throne

Onslaught

Some specifics would help a lot here.

And, are these going to be tracked somewhere on the PTS? I don't currently see any achievements for this round of the PTS listed.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Hello everyone!

• Logging into PTS

I'm normally pretty positive, but it feels like those details about the rewards and titles should have been posted today, especially since you are asking people to do Acts 1-3 of a class story, and Every Expansion from RotHC to Onslaught, plus PVP (Good luck getting pops on PTS), Heroic and FP weeklies, when a lot of players are going to want to spend time on the Live Servers? I just hope you are bringing back the old PTS Titles, as well as whatever new rewards you are adding.

Just want to be clear here, the rotating of weekly missions as it currently exists on PTS (where weekly missions for areas not currently highlighted simply aren't obtainable, eliminating them from Conquest entirely) is bad. This isn't a situation where we just get less rewards but can go do that content for Conquest, it's gone unless it's highlighted. I do not like that change whatsoever. Not being able to pick and choose what content I want to go play when I have time to do so isn't going to get me to play the content you want me to play, it's going to make me play less.

I really hope you guys rethink this change. Make separate "highlighted" mission variations for the rotated in weeklies so they can give the new currencies, however you have to do it, but I should be able to do the existing weeklies as they are, for any planet, and still get Conquest points for them.

I have a question on the part of completing all Expansions, are you considering Ziost as part of SoR? I ask because it came out after the release of SoR, as a story addition later on in the expansion. If you don't do it right away however, and go to Kotfe it is then locked out for that character.

Logging into PTS

Complete all expansion Story content

Reaching item rating 322 with one of your characters and complete the PvP, Heroic, and Flashpoint Weekly Missions

Completing all of the above

Edited by Toraak

So what im seeing is we need to make an entirely new account just for the PTS. go thru the entire story line which is long AF. and complete the story up to chapter 2 on other toons we dont care about to get class buffs. ON TOP OF THIS you want us to be able to test the gear grind as well as how everything feels with the stats. your insane if you think people have the time with jobs and personal life that this is something that is possible to complete. We arent going to no life an entirely new account on the PTS and then watch it die 2 months after we start. Think again and come back to us. Legit a waste of time as it stands.

I'm normally pretty positive, but it feels like those details about the rewards and titles should have been posted today, especially since you are asking people to do Acts 1-3 of a class story, and Every Expansion from RotHC to Onslaught, plus PVP (Good luck getting pops on PTS), Heroic and FP weeklies, when a lot of players are going to want to spend time on the Live Servers? I just hope you are bringing back the old PTS Titles, as well as whatever new rewards you are adding.

Want more content? Play the whole game again on the PTS. SMH

let’s talk about why achievements are not currently transferring via Character Copy. PTS Rewards are back! Players can earn rewards by doing the following:

• Logging into PTS

Is this a joke? Complete all expansion story content? Reaching item 322 and completing the named weeklies? On the PTS? Where you need 10 PvP win to complete the Unranked Weekly? Is it April Fools?

BIG FAT EDIT: I just saw the unranked PvP weekly now requires only 4 wins down from 10. Is this going to make it to live?

Edited by Sarova

One thing to note about the character copy thing that Jackie forgot to mention in this post:

Character copying DOES transfer stuff like character unlocks, datacrons, companion buffs, etc. The only things that are missing are actual achievements. Most people are thinking that they’ll have to level a ton of things on the pts to get the stats and buffs they need to test things properly, but that’s simply not the case. Just transfer a character from live and you’ll be good to go.

• Dev Post

Please also note that with Galactic Seasons 2, we are looking for general feedback on the system that could help refine future seasons. Though Galactic Seasons 2 is available on PTS, we are focusing on polishing the system rather than revamping anything currently in place. Of course, if there is anything impeding progress or system breaking, that will be addressed and fixed, so please let us know if you run into anything of that nature.

Hi all, we're seeing some comments about the Cartel Coin rewards missing from the Galactic Seasons 2 reward tracks. As a reminder, Cartel Coin rewards will be on the tracks when Galactic Seasons 2 goes live. They will never be present in a PTS setting. I've updated my original post and the Seasons 2 feedback thread with this note.

I logged on and I'll give some feedback but I'm not spending 50 hours on the PTS unless the reward will be REALLY worth it. Sorry.

Also, I picked up a solo mission in the activity finder for the new FP... and it didn't port me there (I was on the fleet). Might want to fix that..

Edited by Pricia

Hello everyone!

• Logging into PTS

Man while i'm usually supportive of the development team, its obvious they did this to get more people (/free labor) testing the update before it comes out. Which is...whatever. But to tie 1-time-chance rewards to all this is a bit much. Especially the completing the original class stories. And if that includes all of the expansion content that is like a legit several weeks of constant play time grinding. Sheeeesh.

If you dont participate in this, you know the rewards are going to be awesome and you missed out, and if you do participate and do all this you know the rewards are going to be terrible. It's a lose lose for the player base and a win win for them and their free play testers helping achieve their metrics. What a 10th anniversary update this is.... I am really hoping they post some great rewards for this....

Edited by SOULCASTER

You also have Double XP event coming out on Monday/Tuesday this week. You're really making the player base split their play time (during the holidays with family). I think this was a really really poor thing to do.

I think you just highlighted something extremely important for the SWTOR team to think about. It honestly was a poor decision and timing during holiday to think about adding all these things now. If they continue down this decision, then I hope it lasts well into the new year otherwise the rewards and the time people have to split between family, double XP on live and testing feels like an unfair choice to be made.

Hello everyone!

• Logging into PTS

Soooo, it is later this week ;) will we get more info now?

I think we need some clarification on some of these:

Do we have to start a new character for this? Can we use a transferred character? I have a few level 75s that have only made it past their starter planets. How much of the story do we have to complete to get this achievement? Only the final class story mission?

[*]Complete all expansion Story content

Every single expansion that has been released so far?

Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Shadow of Revan

Knights of the Fallen

Knights of the Eternal Throne

Onslaught

Some specifics would help a lot here.

And, are these going to be tracked somewhere on the PTS? I don't currently see any achievements for this round of the PTS listed.

I'd also love more clarification on this since I've also got a few level 75 characters that are still in chapter 1 of their stories.

• Logging into PTS

Wow.

Does anyone intend to do all that?

This reads like a job for paid beta testers.

My old maths teacher used to say: "I'd rather drill a hole in my knee and fill milk inside."

Wow.

My old maths teacher used to say: "I'd rather drill a hole in my knee and fill milk inside."

I mean, for me, it'll depend on the rewards/Titles that are being offered. (Assuming we find out before BW finishes up for the day/Week/Life Day break), If I can get "The Cutting Edge" again, I will. But... I guess we'll see. Not sure why they decided to wait until "later in the week" to talk about the rewards, instead of just talking about them on Wednesday when they were first mentioned...

Wow.

Sounds painful without legacy perks. I mean, it'd better be a good reward for... 50-60 hours of playtime. I mean you could make $400 working for that long...

So yeah, I'd do it for $400, lol. I'd even throw in a lot of feedback for free!

Edited by Pricia