Rakghoul Event is NOT Returning

Screaming_Ziva

First the devs said the Rakghoul event would be returning. Now, in today's livestream, they said it will not be returning.

Is everyone who didn't participate in the Rakghoul event (or only one side of it) now screwed on the "Sharp Dresser" title? The Republic Containment Officer outfit is the last one I need for it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. No it is not returning.

2. Yes the items will come back sometime. Save your DNA.

They didn't say anything about any of the items coming back. They only said to save your DNA samples. Besides, the armor sets were not purchasable with DNA, they were mission rewards.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

i guess it was only hear-say

http://torwars.com/2013/03/02/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

"While talking in-game events with Blaine, someone said how cool the Rakghoul event was and he said it would be coming back! No time frame, but confirmation that the event we all fondly look back on will return!"

Edited by dipstik

i guess it was only hear-say

http://torwars.com/2013/03/02/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

"While talking in-game events with Blaine, someone said how cool the Rakghoul event was and he said it would be coming back! No time frame, but confirmation that the event we all fondly look back on will return!"

Hearsay? It came right out of a dev's mouth. That's not hearsay.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Hearsay? It came right out of a dev's mouth. That's not hearsay.

So did - Makeb will be the largest free expansion ever released in an MMO.

To not lay the sarcasm on too thick - I think it was quite easy to see from the stream that it's going to be coming back just as a re-branded event - the question is will that be before the Totally new event or after.

Breaking News - Cathar flea plague has broken out on Alderaan :p

Look forward to the new event they talked about - The thing with good memories of a past event is that they stay good - If it was brought back now it would just be 'That same event with a bad storyline because a ship can't crash twice'

It would have been nice to get the titles on a few more of my alts and to just participate in it again,

However, knowing these events won't come back hopefully means my bow casters stay unique just for a little while until we see cartel re-colours.

Also I never want to see another clickable little box on Nar Shaddaa ever again. Ever!. :|

Edited by AelixVII

• Dev Post

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.

SHocked so few people understood it was when you said KEEP YOUR RAKGHOUL DNA.

This is good, because once this, and the GAR event come back. it doesnt make the achivement title "sharp dresser" impossible without having their outfits. Hope more or alternatives are in the future too.

Edited by Magnusheart

So you're saying there is a new double edged sword being added to the loot table for the rakghoul plague event called Sarcasm? Sweet. What's it look like?

Thank you Mister Bruce for clarifying... Surprising that you get more information on forums by regulary checking dev tracker than staying up late ( for Central European standards) and getting scheiße for your sleep.