GF Needs to be renamed to Hammer Station Finder

WaveRun

What's the point in paying $15/mo when the only thing people are grouping for is Hammer Station? I don't want to mindlessly do the same FP over and over again. These are the same people who are crying for more content too, yet they won't even think about doing any other flashpoint.

I've been subscribed for a long time, but this meta is now:

1. Join the queue for Hammer Station once level 20ish

2. Play Hammer Station until 75

3. Play Hammer Station until Master/Vet quests completed

4. Do dailies while in the queue for Hammer Station

5. Do hammer station until renown 300. Edit: oops, but point still stands

It's honestly disgusting. I should not be punished for not being able to finish my GF dailies because I removed Hammer Station from the instances. Allow us to either:

1. Exclude up to 2 FP's from GF and still get daily (or just 1..., any more and it will dramatically increase already long q times)

2. Put 5 FP's on an hour rotation, or even 30 mins rotation. Similar to how it works for Ops.

Edited by WaveRun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More to the point, the *accurate* fix for the problem is to more accurately balance the reward/effort ratios for the different FPs. People are spamming HS or RR because they can do them more quickly and more easily than the others, when compared to the reward gained.

EDIT: oh, and Renown rank is capped at 999, and the rank itself only matters for the purposes of achievements.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Surprisingly, I dont get HS as much as I thought i would, but i tend to get the a lot of the long (and harder) FPs mixed in with batch. Lately, i have been getting Two longer ones back to back, with a HS, then another long one, then an Athiss. I do have spells where i get HS back to back, but i just go with it because its rather quick.

I dont exclude anything and go with what the pop. There are a couple that i grumble when they show up (looking at you blood hunt and the one with robo dog). I also dont like getting the Kuat Drive Yards because you put in a lot of time/work and only the last boss drops gear.

My only big complaint is how quickly a group will turn on each other when things go south...even in HS. I have seen folks drop group if anyone dies on that first big pull yapping away as they leave.

edit:

what i am saying, though, is i partially agree with you, but HS gives the best return on time invested so that is where people go. Once could even follow up by stating that you should put your own group together if it is that much of an issue.

Edited by Qouivandes

could even follow up by stating that you should put your own group together if it is that much of an issue.

This has popped up a lot lately, on several threads, one of the solution was to form your own group, and go random, the other is to try and find out who the HS spammers are, so that you can put them on ignore, etc. A third option was to be allowed to untick 1 FP from the list, but still get the reward. (Not sure how/if this could be programmed, without messing up the gf)

Personally I don't mind HS, especially when doing the weekly. As you said, would much rather do that then some of the others, especially with a GF group.

Edited by DarkTergon

The solution is anyone who wants to avoid HS, doesn't queue for it. It's not that difficult. There's a choice. Now. If many people have queued for Athiss, or whatever other FP you personally want to do, it will pop.

I don't see how it makes sense to people to force others into FPs they don't/won't do. They will quit it, just like PVPers quit HuttBallz or any other WZ pops that they don't like. People will just drop from the FP if one pops they are forced into that they don't want to do.

Sorry. I am a heavy PVPer, and I am thankful that HS is available seeing we are forced to do PVE on this game to get gears for PVP, and that's at least a faster way to do it although still abysmal.

If they made it so PVPers could gear up via PVP you might not see HS spammed as much, but I dunno. I am not sure of the state of PVE players and why they would do HS over and over, unless they too simply want to gear up in a group as fast as possible. Then, HS spam works for PVE too if that's the case.

I hate HS - but at least I can limp through it in a short amount of time even with the worst group.

The same cannot be said for other fps where the sheer length (along with players watching every cut scene) and / or tuning and mechanics make it a long painful slog with bad players.

And at least this past few weeks - I've gotten a mix, very few back to back HS, though more HS than anything else overall.

But seriously, when you get a group of all 75s (two in 306 and one at 300) in something that shouldn't be difficult like Tython, and you are on a stealther and say you'll click the things to spawn first boss, and two run off and somehow pull trash, die, and do it again, all before even getting to the first boss, you start to pray HS pops next time.

Edited by DawnAskham

The best way I can see would be for BW to go through every FP and look at the times it takes for groups to complete each one.

Either as an average or the fastest time possible. Then adjust the rewards for every single individual FP and adjust the rewards based on that completion time.

I did four FP yesterday to finish the weekly and got Directive 7, Copero (actually my second time getting this FP and the first time I got to finish it so yay), 2/3 of Assault on Tython, and ended with a fast and dirty Hammer Station.

But last week I got FOUR HS in a row. Then TWO Directive 7 back to back. It's not fun at all.

What's the point in paying $15/mo when the only thing people are grouping for is Hammer Station? I don't want to mindlessly do the same FP over and over again. These are the same people who are crying for more content too, yet they won't even think about doing any other flashpoint.

5. Do hammer station until renown 300.

It's honestly disgusting. I should not be punished for not being able to finish my GF dailies because I removed Hammer Station from the instances. Allow us to either:

1. Exclude up to 2 FP's from GF and still get daily (or just 1..., any more and it will dramatically increase already long q times)

2. Put 5 FP's on an hour rotation, or even 30 mins rotation. Similar to how it works for Ops.

I agree with everything you're saying. GF is completely ruined and it used to be fun.

But I figured a way to dodge HS completely if I want to, and still get the random GF reward. Either a second computer with a second account, or a friend who is playing GTN or doing story/heroics/whatever solo content to q at the same time with everything but HS ticked. If you get grouped with your mate, take the pop, it's not gonna be HS. If your mate is not in the suggested group, decline. You'll be short of one player from the start, but replacements are easy to get, and you can also use high level companion to fill the slot.

I agree with everything you're saying. GF is completely ruined and it used to be fun.

But I figured a way to dodge HS completely if I want to, and still get the random GF reward. Either a second computer with a second account, or a friend who is playing GTN or doing story/heroics/whatever solo content to q at the same time with everything but HS ticked. If you get grouped with your mate, take the pop, it's not gonna be HS. If your mate is not in the suggested group, decline. You'll be short of one player from the start, but replacements are easy to get, and you can also use high level companion to fill the slot.

would that be considered cheating? or abusing the system?

I got Athiss and the one with Mentor the homicidal computer yesterday. But yes mostly Hammer Station because its the fastest and easiest to level up with. I have no interest in leveling past 70. Because at 70 I can jump to Jedi Under Siege and then Onslaught even without double XP takes you to 75.

BTW the weekly groupfinder quest is broken. I did six flashpoints will all selected and the quest never completed.

Edited by RameiArashi

If you don't want to do Hammer Station... well... then don't toggle it on in the Group Finder. Just untoggle it while keeping all the others on, problem solved.

The issue is if you want the GF reward, you have to select all, and when doing that, HS seems to pop a lot more than others. Personally I don't have a problem with it, but some do. But you can do as another op suggested, and use a second machine or friend and just que them with HS unticked.

I'm conflicted here, because while I do like variety in my content, at least with Hammer Station I know even with the stupidest group I can carry them through and just get my weekly done. It becomes an issue of 'do I want to get it done' or 'do I wanna have fun' and those two rarely intersect unless I'm in a guild run. There's been an influx of...questionable flashpoint runners since the drop of 6.0 and the quarantine. I'm happy to teach newbies, but there's 'new' and then there's 'hopeless'. And the latter makes Hammer Station a blessing to get.

If you don't want to do Hammer Station... well... then don't toggle it on in the Group Finder. Just untoggle it while keeping all the others on, problem solved.

Yeah even better said than my earlier attempt to point this out.

rofl, people are making this a complicated problem when all you do is literally check off "Hammer Station" from group finder, and omg, magically you will not get a HS pop! Amazing!

5. Do hammer station until renown 300.

To concur with others:

1. Remove Hammer Station from your list of preferred FPs via the GF filter list - you will instantly find that there are plenty of like-minded people who want to everything but HS

2. Renown is now capped at 999 and takes forever (300 was the old CXP cap)

Most people doing Hammer Station only are probably grouping to meet a conquest objective or the weekly veteran FP quest (the one that requires x5) hate grouping for FPs so choose HS as it's the quickest, however

I hate HS - but at least I can limp through it in a short amount of time even with the worst group.

I'm calling that you have yet to do this with the worst group :D I've been in a group where 2 players put themselves on follow and got stuck somewhere & another where 2 lowbies did the rush past the mech champions and died half way across the bridge (even though the two of us who were 75 offered to kill them to avoid that) so we had to die, then they did it again. The 20 minute quit FP was worth it after that.

the worst thing i notice is that all the HS spammers are here without even reading the posts, all saying to uncheck it in the GF so no more HS for you....

and not one of them can understand that people complain about that cause we want to play RANDOM FP with the REWARD for doing that. its there, we like it, we try to get it. we get killed by borehood cause of the spammers.

i agree that the rewards should be based on lenght / difficulty /level-required but atm its not this way.

one thing that pop in my mind would be put a daily/weekly limit to each FP (1 daily like heroics maybe..but dunno, maybe its too low?).

example : HS 5 x week, you wanna queue always for HS? after 5 you cant anymore so maybe people will even learn the other ones...ohhh what a dream....not having to teach to 75 306 fully augmented how to do athis last boss....ohhh what a dream....

bioware solve the problem of abusers (cause its not a bug or hack, but its totally ABUSE of how it work now) and also no more HS all day long for the rest of the players.

Yeah even better said than my earlier attempt to point this out.

rofl, people are making this a complicated problem when all you do is literally check off "Hammer Station" from group finder, and omg, magically you will not get a HS pop! Amazing!

you're missing the point, the OP wants to untick HS, AND get the GF reward. Same as the other 50 other threads like this. I don't think the devs will ever change it, seems like the only solution is what deanna says about the 2 acc, or friends helping.

you're missing the point, the OP wants to untick HS, AND get the GF reward. .

In other words, he wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I queue for random. I take what I get unless it's one of the truly horrid ones, and I am relieved if it's Hammer Station. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, I actually like HS.

"Your weakness is in your blood!"

My question would be, why do we never get Vet BT or Esseles with GF? Why do we never get the one with the bugs, with that part where you man the turrets and shoot the **** out of them as they roll out to attack you? Rather than take HS out of GF, let's add more FP's to GF.

And my final question to the OP, you want some cheese with that?