Update 6.3 in game start date?

Neroven

I don't know if the question was answered before. If it was then i apologize, and if you can post reference link to the tread or post that has it plz. I just cant find it anywhere. if not then plz post it here, serious answer encouraged ( :) )

I don't know if the question was answered before. If it was then i apologize, and if you can post reference link to the tread or post that has it plz. I just cant find it anywhere. if not then plz post it here, serious answer encouraged ( :) )

So the only thing i can link to you is the livestream notes about 6.3. If you scroll to the bottom, it will state that theres no release date as of yet. They want players to get a good feel of it on the PTS. Its slated for a spring time release.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9928729

Spring runs from March 1 to May 31 , so it's quite possible they'll release it in may, around the 4th. But that's just conjecture

The exact dates of the beginnings of Spring and Summer are up for grabs, and one version of it says that Spring runs from the vernal equinox, around 21 March, to the summer solstice, around 21 June. (Yeah, I know, the solstice is called Midsummer's Day, and yet it's at the beginning of Summer... Never made sense to me, either.)

The exact dates of the beginnings of Spring and Summer are up for grabs, and one version of it says that Spring runs from the vernal equinox, around 21 March, to the summer solstice, around 21 June. (Yeah, I know, the solstice is called Midsummer's Day, and yet it's at the beginning of Summer... Never made sense to me, either.)

Spring is obviously starting in September:D, jokes aside I fully expect this patch to be a late April or early may release.

Spring runs from March 1 to May 31 , so it's quite possible they'll release it in may, around the 4th. But that's just conjecture

Actually, you are both right. Well, actually DT is wrong, but also sorta right. There are two systems for tracking the seasons: Meteorological and Astronomical. Wrapped in spoilers for space.

Meteorological Seasons are based upon the calendar. Each season is three months long and the seasons start on the first day of specific months. Meteorological Seasons are most often used by Meteorologists, climatologists, and laypeople.

• 1 March - Spring (northern hemisphere) / Autumn (southern hemisphere)
  • 1 June - Summer / Winter
  • 1 September - Autumn / Spring
  • 1 December - Winter / Summer

Astronomical Seasons are based upon the Earth and the Sun. Astronomical Seasons are determined by the axial tilt of the Earth and the Sun's position relative to the equator. Astronomical Seasons have two solstices and two equinoxes. Dates for Astronomical Seasons are a bit flexible. Some years the solstice or equinox will arrive earlier and other years later. This is due to the Earth's elliptical orbit around the Sun and due to the Earth's orbit actually taking 365.24 days, which is also why we have leap years. Astronomical Seasons are most often used by astronomers, astrophysicists, people who like to be right.

• 21 March - vernal (spring) equinox / autumnal equinox
  • 21 June - summer solstice / winter solstice
  • 22 September - autumnal equinox / vernal equinox
  • 22 December - winter solstice / summer solstice

An equinox is defined as the point when the Sun passes directly over the equator. A solstice is defined as the point when the Sun is farthest north or south of the equator. These northern and southern points are known as the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn respectively. Thus, on ~21 June the Sun passes over the Tropic of Cancer at ~23.4 degrees north latitude marking the summer solstice for the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice for the southern hemisphere.

And that concludes my astronomy lesson for the day. I miss my old job. Been too long since I talked about astronomy.

For the OP, I would guess that the currently planned date for update 6.3 is going to come on 27 April due to Keith's post about the refer a friend program.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9934508#edit9934508

Bye-bye RAF. You were, unfortunately, severely abused in your latter years, but you will still be missed.

Edited by ceryxp

So the only thing i can link to you is the livestream notes about 6.3. If you scroll to the bottom, it will state that theres no release date as of yet. They want players to get a good feel of it on the PTS. Its slated for a spring time release.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9928729

yah, they want us to test it on PTS, so we can make good suggestions, which they will then cheerfully ignore.