Unplayable Onderon and Mek-Sha

Trlance

Every login on those planets is a mess. Lags, slow textures loading everywhere, even simple walking is hard when game just slow for a moment. Asked ppl on Mek-Sha today and one of them confirmed same issues. Others planets and even high populated Fleet is fine. Problem remain from start when 6.0 hit. Thanks for broken game.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Can't play 4.0 and 5.0 with alts bcs of bugs for exmaple on Iokath (missing corruption on face), cutscenes like Kotet chap 9 where my Sith lose head ->

or this -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979227 <- same on Asylum and Gravestone.

Can't play 6.0 bcs of broken engine on new planets.

Well .. :rolleyes: game is dead.

Edited by Trlance

Every login on those planets is a mess. Lags, slow textures loading everywhere, even simple walking is hard when game just slow for a moment. Asked ppl on Mek-Sha today and one of them confirmed same issues. Others planets and even high populated Fleet is fine. Problem remain from start when 6.0 hit. Thanks for broken game.

Can't play 4.0 and 5.0 with alts bcs of bugs for exmaple on Iokath (missing corruption on face), cutscenes like Kotet chap 9 where my Sith lose head ->

or this -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979227 <- same on Asylum and Gravestone.

Can't play 6.0 bcs of broken engine on new planets.

I've had zero issues on the new planets.

And I struggled real hard, really I did. I took a big sip of Alderannian Nectar and made it past some animation issues like you described in Cutscenes from 4 years ago.

<<gulp>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Wish I had a dollar for everytime someone said the game was dead, I'd be rich by now. lol

Have had no issues anywhere, except maybe fleet when it's packed, 5 instances last night on SF......was told that was loads, used to be just one or two.....Seems to me the game is looking pretty damn good for being dead ;)

I have an outdated computer and still manage to run it, lower the graphic settings.

Don't make me laugh. I will lower nothing. Others planets and location as i said is very good then why i should do smth when only those two planets are laggy? It's biofail fail, not from my side.

And I struggled real hard, really I did. I took a big sip of Alderannian Nectar and made it past some animation issues like you described in Cutscenes from 4 years ago.
- like you can see on my channel i still play Kotfe and Kotet and i assure you. Those bugs still remain there. On this thread you have proof - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979227

Stop def this game .. it's amusing and pathetic.

Edited by Trlance

Don't make me laugh. I will lower nothing. Others planets and location as i said is very good then why i should do smth when only those two planets are laggy? It's biofail fail, not from my side.

- like you can see on my channel i still play Kotfe and Kotet and i assure you. Those bugs still remain there. On this thread you have proof - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979227

Look very closely at the textures of rocks on Tython. Blurred and low-rez. Now compare that to Onderon. Huge difference in texture difference. Saying your computer can handle other planets doesn't say much when the newer planets have higher texture densities.

Edited by xordevoreaux

No, you should stop -- using Sex as a Weapon.

<<slithers over to Karaoke machine on my pleasure barge and grabs microphone, tells Faboo (my DJ monkey lizard) to fire up some Pat Benatar and belts out>>

You really do know how to strut that stuff

You really do know how to act tough

Your body's just like a centerfold

A fantasy, anyone would want to hold

Stop using sex as a weapon

Stop (stop!) using sex as a weapon

You know you're already my obsession

Love is more than a one way reflection

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Don't make me laugh. I will lower nothing.

Suit yourself.

Others planets and location as i said is very good then why i should do smth when only those two planets are laggy? It's biofail fail, not from my side.

Because, as explained before, the older planets (pre-Ossus especially) use lower-resolution textures, lower polygon counts on rocks and such, etc. They are less demanding for your PC to render. Ossus, Onderon and Mek-Sha are all higher-resolution in everything, and that causes significant problems if your PC isn't up to the job.

My PC clearly *is* up to the job, as I don't have problems with these planets, outside the ability activation glitchies that everyone seems to have on Ossus.

Alternatively, seek the best of both worlds by lowering the graphics just before you go there and raising them again just after you leave.

I'd call that evidence, not proof, especially since neither resource is dated. We have only *your* word that they are from three years ago and today.

"def" ??? "Definitively"? "Definitely"? "Defining"? "Defaming"? "Defacing"? Sorry, not getting it.

No, you should stop -- using Sex as a Weapon.

'Sfunny, nobody has ever commented about that on my remarks about "run between the raindrops" in the context of avoiding aggro when on speeders.

I'd call that evidence, not proof, especially since neither resource is dated. We have only *your* word that they are from three years ago and today.
- then you are not clever. See my last video with Mezsu character (like on screen what i show same nickname) where i rendezvous with Indo. Coincidence? I don't think so. If you still don't believe then maybe go play this chapters on any mode and see yourself Asylum how looks like, Gravestone on Kotfe and Palace of the Eternal Dragon.

Seems to me the game is looking pretty damn good for being dead
- broken game isn't a good game. It's dead game.

Ossus, Onderon and Mek-Sha are all higher-resolution in everything, and that causes significant problems if your PC isn't up to the job.
- Ossus is good for me. If they put some insane high textures that shouldn't they, still it's their fault. Every planet should be created the same, not force ppl who paid for game and must deal with this pathetic new textures what can't propery load in every login. 6.0 story is dull and mess, with lower settings this will be even worse content. Edited by Trlance

I understand that you experience frustrating problems, but since you seem to be hellbent on hating this game regardless of the reasons and solutions others have given you (i.e. lowering your graphic settings), there is nothing else that can be done here. Edited by Phazonfreak

It's biofail fail, not from my side.

No, it's on your side. I don't have the newest computer, but it can still run Onderon and Mek-Sha just fine while on Ultra settings. If you have problems with lag and such on these two planets, it's an issue on your end.

Especially since you're the only one complaining about it, from what I see... others seem to run these two planets fine.

Oh wow, look people! This poster said the game is dead! That must mean it's true, because a random, insignificant stranger on the internet said it so! We're all playing a ghost, people! We're playing a ghost!

Edited by Ylliarus

I even didn't use ultra setting, only hard and half of them. Other half is medium, i can make a screen as a proof and create video, whatever you want.

I'm not a random guy. I'm a veteran who play 6 years, have my own channel and ten of thousands screens. Almost everyone on game knows me.

~Tsukito, Alliance Commander

I even didn't use ultra setting, only hard and half of them. Other half is medium, i can make a screen as a proof and create video, whatever you want.

I'm not a random guy. I'm a veteran who play 6 years, have my own channel and ten of thousands screens. Almost everyone on game knows me.

Huh, and yet I have never heard of you and I have played the game for 8 years, how strange...

Fact remains, even the videos you put up in the original post show me that the problem is absolutely on your end. The lag I perceive in the video is absolutely not present in my game and from what I have seen, other SWTOR channels that have a much larger following than your number of subs do not have the lag issue either in their videos. I believe the number of subs is 83 on the channel that posted the video you linked? Huh, I think I found the reason why I have never heard of your channel.

Edited by Ylliarus

Then don't complain about it or get a PC upgrade. If you can't, you'll have to suck it up buttercup.

Who are you? I don't know you, seems others don't...are you sure you play this game?

On the brighter side...oh wait never mind, you don't have a brighter side. (talking about the game settings, before you think different :rolleyes: )

Game looks great to me, on full high settings. Game is more alive now then when I first started.

And judging from multiple posts the game isn't broken, it's working fine for most, but with some issues, that aren't game breaking, just annoyiing. If you aren't willing to change, no one here can do it for you.

Edited by DarkestMicheal

The problem with Onderon and Mek-Sha is that they have extremely high r_speeds

https://twhl.info/wiki/page/Tutorial%3A_R_Speeds

This means that the engine is trying to draw a very large number of textured polygons at the same time.

I personally do not have slowdown problems, but MSI Afterburner (which I use to monitor temperature of CPU and GPU) shows my CPU (only) running much hotter than I really like.

Unattributed quoting like that is *rude*.

- then you are not clever.

That's nice, gratuitous insults. Yay.

See my last video with Mezsu character (like on screen what i show same nickname) where i rendezvous with Indo. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Not a coincidence, but not proof either. And a link would have been a good idea. If you want people to accept your evidence as proof, it has to be *complete* and verifiable.

If you still don't believe

It isn't about belief or non-belief. You claimed the video and the image as *proof*, which they are not.

then maybe go play this chapters on any mode and see yourself Asylum how looks like, Gravestone on Kotfe and Palace of the Eternal Dragon.

I've played through all those places. Dozens of times on different characters and different PCs. The only weirdness I've seen about NPCs is Koth's crew showing up on the Gravestone ahead of Asylum. I have never seen the situation shown in the video and the image in my own play-throughs.

- broken game isn't a good game. It's dead game.

Except that iit isn't dead, and I'd question whether it's "broken". How do you define "broken" in this context?

- Ossus is good for me. If they put some insane high textures that shouldn't they, still it's their fault. Every planet should be created the same,

Yay. Let's leave the game stuck on the graphical quality standards of a decade ago in case someone won't upgrade his 2011 potato PC.

not force ppl who paid for game and must deal with this pathetic new textures what can't propery load in every login.

Sorry, I've never had that problem. I pay for this game too, and I *like* that they've put some effort into making the newer content look more attractive.(1)

6.0 story is dull and mess, with lower settings this will be even worse content.

That's an entirely separate problem, and one that's highly subjective, so I'm going to dismiss it out of hand, especially as the graphical quality and the story quality are more or less totally unrelated.

(1) OK, I'm fortunate in that I'm paid well enough that I can afford high-spec components in my PC, but even a baseline new PC today is strong enough to get good results.

And this pathetic Onslaught music at the beginning when the game starts ... my ears bleed every time I hear it. Give me a good story like 4 and 5.0 and then maybe I'll stop crying. I've been waiting for 6.0 a few years and what I got is so boring and predictable that I have more fun when I play Kotfe and Kotet altos than dirty, new 6.0 with main.

<- this is how good story looks like. Edited by Trlance

And this pathetic Onslaught music at the beginning when the game starts ... my ears bleed every time I hear it. Give me a good story like 4 and 5.0 and then maybe I'll stop crying. I've been waiting for 6.0 a few years and what I got is so boring and predictable that I have more fun when I play Kotfe and Kotet altos than dirty, new 6.0 with main.

<- this is how good story looks like.

if you hate it so much, why do you play?

if you hate it so much, why do you play?

It's best to let this thread die because the OP is clearly trying to bait people into a verbal fight and has little else to contribute than baseless complaining. They're trying to troll the forums with the "game is dead" nonsense.

It's best to let this thread die because the OP is clearly trying to bait people into a verbal fight and has little else to contribute than baseless complaining. They're trying to troll the forums with the "game is dead" nonsense.

true, and judging from some of their other posts , they seem to do a lot of complaining :/

I too have problems with lag on those two planets. I bought my PC 10 years ago.... so. With and adult kid in Med school a new pc is not coming for me. I did turn down the grass and viewing distance. I can get through MekSha. I have not found a setting that effects that planet for me. I'm open to suggestions. I don't run Low settings I run mostly high. My Pc had done well until those two planets. I don't hate the game I been here since launch and will be here when it shuts down. Just like Galaxies.

Well, I've recently upgraded my computer and the difference is night and day between performance on those planets! However, someone gave me some good advice on my old computer which was to turn shadows off (i didn't need to change the rest of the systems) and that reduced the lag considerably! It may or may not work for others but something else to try if you haven't...

Well, I've recently upgraded my computer and the difference is night and day between performance on those planets! However, someone gave me some good advice on my old computer which was to turn shadows off (i didn't need to change the rest of the systems) and that reduced the lag considerably! It may or may not work for others but something else to try if you haven't...

Only shadows? Good to know, thanks. Finally someone who willing to help.

Edited by Trlance