Emergency Power Set... something NEEDS done.

LJ_Gibbs

38 Kai boxes this week. 0 pieces. I'd say 20 off of the other vendor (since I was maxed at tech frags and had to buy SOMETHING).

35 boxes or so last week, 1 piece.... maybe it was the week before (which was less boxes because it wasn't double XP)

I've picked up one from HM Red.. My team has been progressing it almost as long as it has been out. 2 pieces have dropped.

Either raise the tech frag limit or let us buy the dang things.

Edited by LJ_Gibbs

It's more likely drop the more PT/VG's you have in your raid group during dxun

And they have to have their shoes tied a done in a non-traditional knot, and clothes must be worn inside out, and you must stand on your head while typing your password in backward to log in.

The point of my post is that it SHOULDN'T be like this. AT ALL.

I don't mind working for it, but RNG is stupid. Everyone else can pretty much buy what they want.

Yeah, 100% agree: the way this set is acquired is completely unacceptable. Both other tank classes can get their BiS sets from the class vendor, whereas PTs have to farm Dxun and spend a fortune on Kai Zykken random drops just for a chance at being baseline viable. Being utterly worthless without something I'm completely dependent on RNG for while everyone else gets their sets thrown at them like candy really sucks.

My progression-oriented raid group disbanded toward the beginning of 6.0, and honestly as much as I love progress raiding I don't even see the point anymore if I have to farm for months just to maybe, if I get lucky, have something to offer a group and not be a burden. BiS gear is a prerequisite for playing at the highest level, no exceptions, full stop. I can't believe BioWare has taken such a regressive approach to gearing while having the audacity to tell players they can get ahead by "playing their way."

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Overall, the tanking sets are not as compelling choices as dps sets. At the launch of 6.0, Right Price, Descent of the Fearless, and Death Knell for VG/PT, G/J, and S/A respectively were not only considered great choices for dps but best for tanks as well. Much of that theorycrafting had to do with progression/NiM raiding, and that's not my capability level, but as a SM Hero, the dps sets are still the clear choice for tanks. I don't really find that I'm better off in legacy content using Preservers 2pc+Squad Leader over Right Price.

Then BW comes along and actually introduces a compelling tank set and locks it behind one op. I get the idea behind horizontal progression, and I don't object to incentivizing the newer content, but in order for that to work there have to be compelling alternatives, reasons to take more than one set.

Yeah, 100% agree: the way this set is acquired is completely unacceptable. Both other tank classes can get their BiS sets from the class vendor,

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold on, back up, you want to explain that to my Jugg? If you have a problem, you want to have a temper tantrum, fine, go ahead. But don't go throwing shade at other classes just because BW won't give you what you want.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold on, back up, you want to explain that to my Jugg? If you have a problem, you want to have a temper tantrum, fine, go ahead. But don't go throwing shade at other classes just because BW won't give you what you want.

You would rather attack me than contribute to the discussion because I can't even play my main class while others can get their sets at the vendor? Because I've been waiting for months just to be able to raid at the highest level again while everyone else has had their BiS gear since a week after 6.0 dropped? Whatever, if you want to throw personal attacks around rather than have a discussion, you do you. My patience is just nearing its end after months of spending millions upon millions at Kai Zykken and running Dxun endlessly for nothing while everyone else is running around in BiS gear.

To your one non-ad hominem point: Your Jugg doesn't have to farm Dxun and Kai Zykken and wait forever in the hopes of a miniscule chance of being viable in endgame content. If you want to tell me the Jugg tank sets are underwhelming I agree completely, but the best one currently obtainable is available from the class vendor. With the coming patch and their new Dxun NiM set, it'll be even worse for Juggs, agreed, and you'll have a real grievance and I'll be the first to support you. Unequal treatment is unacceptable no matter which group of players is affected.

That they're adding Jugg tanks to the list and doubling down on the madness, making two of three tanks unable to obtain BiS gear without Dxun RNG, just shows how out of touch they are. This is already the most expensive expansion of all time for maxing high-end gear, the least they can do is make the grind equally easy or hard for everyone.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

To your one non-ad hominem point: Your Jugg doesn't have to farm Dxun and Kai Zykken and wait forever in the hopes of a miniscule chance of being viable in endgame content. If you want to tell me the Jugg tank sets are underwhelming I agree completely, but the best one currently obtainable is available from the class vendor. With the coming patch and their new Dxun NiM set, it'll be even worse for Juggs, agreed, and you'll have a real grievance and I'll be the first to support you. Unequal treatment is unacceptable no matter which group of players is affected.

That they're adding Jugg tanks to the list and doubling down on the madness, making two of three tanks unable to obtain BiS gear without Dxun RNG, just shows how out of touch they are. This is already the most expensive expansion of all time for maxing high-end gear, the least they can do is make the grind equally easy or hard for everyone.

With all the above, I agree. And I apologise for snarling at you. It's just frustration boiling over.

And I certainly agree Kai Zykken is a useless, annoying %^$#@!&***. I wish we could have killed him back on Rishi.

Edited by ElZaguero

first, i agree that the drop rate for this set is moronic. but why ppl think getting this set is locked behind dxun ops or kai vendor? i got the boots from fp equipment crate after i did hammer station. its increased drop chance from dxun operation bosses. "increased", not the only source.

Well Bioware knows best right?

Hence the need for only 5 servers now, instead of hundreds.

All The Best

Honest query: How many years have you been here complaining about RNG?

Another: How much did RNG have to do with shutting down the PvP servers, as compared to every time there was a server merge, it took less than a week to get another thread about the need, from the PvP server(s)?

Correlation does not equal causation. I leave all the time, and it has nothing to do with RNG, as I'm past the point where I can participate in NiM raiding. This new quarantine fad that everyone's riding right now has been my day to day for the last 15 years. Translation: I had a lot of time on my hands to play games, when my migraines allowed it, so I just burn out and move on to other games. Hence almost 2.5 TBs of games across two platforms.*

On topic: if it's really that bad, then yeah, something needs to be adjusted.

*installed games, that doesn't count games I've had to uninstall for drive space reasons... :eek:

first, i agree that the drop rate for this set is moronic. but why ppl think getting this set is locked behind dxun ops or kai vendor? i got the boots from fp equipment crate after i did hammer station. its increased drop chance from dxun operation bosses. "increased", not the only source.

The drop chance is absurdly low out of those crates. I've opened hundreds since the set was implemented and have seen a single piece drop in that way. I know people who've opened more and haven't even seen that. The most reliable way to get it any time soon (soon = within a month) is to run Dxun weekly with multiple PTs and supplement that with Kai Zykken.

But the real travesty here isn't even the drop rate: it's the inequality in the amount of work different classes have to do to get their BiS gear. When one or two classes require an order of magnitude more time and effort than the others to get equivalent gear to remain competitive, the game has a real problem. I just hope they fix it soon, and not 3 months before the next expac drops (if we ever get one).

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Well Bioware knows best right?

Hence the need for only 5 servers now, instead of hundreds.

All The Best

I believe the loud and long scream by MadCuzBad and his followers in his famous thread, back when there were 17 servers, was that queues aren't popping, servers need to merge.

That happened.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I believe the loud and long scream by MadCuzBad and his followers in his famous thread, back when there were 17 servers, was that queues aren't popping, servers need to merge.

That happened.

And this was a sad example of the manner in which the fates of the majority are sometimes decided by the indignant screaming of a vocal minority. I see far too much of this in these forums; a small group of spoiled brats having a shrieking tantrum, demanding changes that are not in the best interests of the majority of players.

Just my opinion but...

All sets of similar usefulness / desirability should be on the vendors, no one class / discipline should have their best set / role specific set as a random drop in limited group content while others can simply buy the items from the vendors.

Also NO set should require running specific limited group content over and over while dumping tech fragments on random boxes for weeks on end to obtain, not when again, many other similar sets can be picked up on Fleet from a vendor at any time.

And while we are at it, drops from reward boxes should be based on current / loot role, with at least once class / role set on the 'high chance' list - so sick of opening boxes on certain class / disciplines and getting nothing but the generic sets or class sets for roles I do not play (such as healing sets on dps sorc / sage).

• 8 months later...
Yeah, 100% agree: the way this set is acquired is completely unacceptable. Both other tank classes can get their BiS sets from the class vendor, whereas PTs have to farm Dxun and spend a fortune on Kai Zykken random drops just for a chance at being baseline viable. Being utterly worthless without something I'm completely dependent on RNG for while everyone else gets their sets thrown at them like candy really sucks.

Careful what you ask for. They'll probably just nerf the other tank sets and make ones from Dxun bis.

I might be more tolerant of this current setup for EP if the Random Unique Item from Kai was always Advanced Class specific. At least base class specific. I really dislike getting yet another copy of the Rolling Boil tactical or the Victor's Belt from Kai.

That being said, most of the "Dxun-heavy" sets, like Apex Predator or Rebuking Assault or Outlaw's Parlay, I've actually gotten as drops from HM EV and HM KP. I think all 14 of my Apex Predator pieces have come from Kai and HM EV at various times over the 16 months. Have you had any success getting Emergency Power from one of those ops? I haven't either, but that doesn't mean others haven't.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. Something needs to be done.

Playing Dxun SM as it is on Group Finder, occasionally a random group here and there. A solid 2 months of PROG in DXUN Vet Mode. And I've been buying random pieces from Kai Zykken, going 2-3 times a weekend with maxed tech fragments. I now have multiples of Emergency Power pieces, short of 2 that I ACTUALLY need.

3 helms, 2 chests, 2 gloves, 1 belt, 2 pants.

This RNG is absolutely atrocious. PLEASE do something about this developers. This is going on since release of the DXUN operation.

Edited by Funky_Munky

Agreed. Something needs to be done.

Playing Dxun SM as it is on Group Finder, occasionally a random group here and there. A solid 2 months of PROG in DXUN Vet Mode. And I've been buying random pieces from Kai Zykken, going 2-3 times a weekend with maxed tech fragments. I now have multiples of Emergency Power pieces, short of 2 that I ACTUALLY need.

3 helms, 2 chests, 2 gloves, 1 belt, 2 pants.

This RNG is absolutely atrocious. PLEASE do something about this developers. This is going on since release of the DXUN operation.

You shouldn’t be getting duplicates if you have them in your inventory or cargo hold because Kai is supposed to be able to see what you already have in these.

Disclaimer : he can’t see what you have on other characters or in your legacy cargo. So make sure you have them stored in that characters personal cargo or inventory when you go see him.

That goes for any class sets. It does not include general sets which will drop duplicates.

Here is an explanation on the theory crafters discord.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618009987955949568/816126827419533373/unknown.png

Edited by TrixxieTriss

hey.

next to kai zykken is another vendor, selling unidentified items for special slots. this is also a gamble, but doesn't costs any credits. it takes me around 30k tech fragments, to get the item i wanted for each slot. this seem way faster, so maybe give it a try (as a workaround).

but of course i totally support the wish to make it more accessable.