Your three wishes

Stradlin

Totally riveting forum game for fun, profit and betterment of Galactic Starfighter!

List three improvements you'd like to see for GSF. First one is super small,cheap and simple for devs to do. Second takes time, effort and money but feels totally within reach of current dev team. Third is pure daydreams and cloudcastles and is likely to never happen.

I go first!

* I'd like to see a pvp terminal in Interlfeet transport area of Imp and Rep fleet both. And some other GSF themed flavors there maybe. When it comes to TOR side of things, Interfleet transport area is the most immersive "GSF" and "Navy" themed location there is. Actual Starfighter launch deck is pretty lame and feels like a museum.

** They spend 200 million or something to stories in this game. Literally none of it happens in GSF or ground pvp. Give GSF some nice longer story driven campaign. Hardcore srs scifi business, no space wizard sillyness. Some massive wealth of new game modes or a PvE component isn't gonna be a thing, so lock progression behind completing X amount of weekly missions for each step. Voice acting prolly won't be a thing either, so actual progression would have to be via mission logs or mails or in some omi topi twilek drivel. Give some railshooter alernatives for its completion so people who hate GSF won't feel """"forced""""" to do it.

*** Pilot class story! 600 million dollar budget. Every character, male or female, is voiced by Edward James Olmos. Ye olde GSF gets dozen new maps and few new game modes. It also gets a massive pve component. Campaigns that respond to performance in previous mission in dynamic fashion. Also, sandboxed galaxy with free flight becomes a thing. Kinda like Elite: Dangerous. VR, Joystick, Pad, Nokia N cage and Tesla support are all gonna be introduced to GSF.

Edited by Stradlin

First. Fix the numerous bugs in the game. Sound going out, 50th kill not counting for the person who gets it, crew

passives icons, component de-select bug.

Second. A new map, with the same TDM / DOM modes we have.

Third. A new GSF mode. I still like the idea of fleet battles, but I'd take anything.

1) Cartel Purchase Mandalorian Ships (Fine with reskins)

2) Operation Mode: Form a premade Op Team and taking on a fleet (PvE) or a map where there are capital ships firing at the opposing team (PvP).

3) More Maps.

• 3 weeks later...

1: Actually do something about Starfighter Leeches, make the afk timer actually sensible, that sort of thing.

2: A sort of playback feature. When you're killed, show a couple seconds from the perspective of the pilot that killed you (so that people get a bit more understanding of ways to defeat players, instead of just pROtOrP), but more importantly, record the "raw data" of each match, and let players save it to their computers for... say 20 CC before the system deletes it, and then use TOR or maybe some other thing to read that data and allow any perspective to be viewed, even just a point in open space. This could even be saved as an MP4, for the purposes of Starfighter Videos.

3: Replace Denon with something fun.

1. A balance pass for 7.0. Doesn't need to be any grand, sweeping changes, just tweaks to a few things. Some bug fixing wouldn't go astray either, primarily the component de-select bug. Happens to my blasters all the time.

2. Fix the damn matchmaking. If I've seen all/most of the inexperienced players get put on one team once, I've seen it a thousand times, and I'm really sick of it. It only leads to one-sided stomps, it's a waste of everyone's time, and I can only imagine how discouraging it is to newer players. I don't expect every team to be perfectly balanced or anything, but it would be nice to have closer matches more often.

3. New maps, new modes, a better tutorial for new players, Nodaro's idea about decoupling copilots from abilities would be cool too. Be nice to just select whichever passives you want, which copilot you want, and which ability you want.

3: Replace Denon with something fun.

3: Replace Battle Over Iokath with something fun.

FTFY, no need to thank me :hope_01:

Let me guess. You're one of those people who has more fun in DOMs than TDMs, huh? So uncivilized.

just because they don't like Battle over Iokath, doesn't mean they prefer Dom matches over TDM's. I like both styles of play, and I can't stand Battle over iokath.

List three improvements you'd like to see for GSF. First one is super small,cheap and simple for devs to do. Second takes time, effort and money but feels totally within reach of current dev team. Third is pure daydreams and cloudcastles and is likely to never happen.

1)More maps or a personal hanger on fleet.

2)New gameplay modes, basic free roaming/PVE using existing assets, with reputation and a daily.

3) Destroy the frigate/capital ship PVE mode, either solo or multiplayer.

1] easier ways to know where my team is at

I think some sort of a homing beacon would make life easier for many new (and old..) pilot. Just yellow arrow that points to ship where you spawned at. Assumign you choose to activate it. More sophisticated version would be an ability with cooldown, which drops it anywhere you wish. Use it to always show where your side is? Use it to mark a DM location? Something else?

it was a wish, maybe it's possible, but I was thinking more like I'm surrounded ,inside a sphere monitor, where I could look in any direction, VR would be the closet thing, but that's not I wished for..

A while back I asked why no green arrows, answer made sense, just can't recall what it was.

I like to stay grouped, sad sometimes i get turned around, no matter how I look at the map, I keep seeing me fly in a direction I don't want to go, so end up flying in circles finding the team's location, cuz The 2d map doesn't help

• 2 weeks later...

Although, this would kill all the time i spent on multiple toons, leveling gsf.................

Make it so when you max your ships, it does so legacy wide.

So, say you decide to fly on another toon, your ships are available, maxed already.

They used to give you an option, if you transferred a toon to another server, to also transfer your legacy cheevs, or not.

That could be used as an option, when beginning a new toon in gsf. To use your legacy max ships, or start over again form scratch. Some people like the challenge.

Yeah, i know, you can transfer fleet coms to ship req and flt req, and then transfer it to another toon. Thats a lot of work, going back thru your toons to get enough to max your new toons ships, lol.

Then, Id like to use those fleet coms for GSF cosmetics, directly. Or be able to use them to buy ships you normally have to use cartel coins for.

As far as leeches and what not. If you happen to be kicked from a match by your team mates, you cant queue gsf for say 24 hours. Or some kind of restriction, of more than 15 minutes. Because, you didnt leave on your own, or didnt get disconnected (server kicked). There has to be something in programming that could tell the difference.

• 1 month later...

1. Buff the Flashfire

2. Nerf everything else

3. Put one of my characters in the game

My main wish as GSF stands right now, is that they finally create a load-out based system, so that we can queue with several builds of the same starfighter model, instead of just one for each.

5 Flashfires on my bar... Honestly, I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry, lmao.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

• 1 month later...

My wishes are:

1) Fix the group finder GSF algorithm so it allocates 1 player in the queue to team A, then team B, team A again and so on. This should reduce instances of those annoying 30 second matches where too many players have been assigned to one team.

2) Give an option for players to choose Deathmatch \ Domination or Random maps

3) Reduce the minimum number for a private PVP match to 2 players so more of us can practice before going into a live match