R4 is a mess and so is the gearing!

Almost 2 weeks since R4’s launch and I have to say this raid is kind of dreadful. My guild and I spent months running SM’s for tech fragments to upgrade implants on multiple alts or gold augment materials and HM’s to dust off the rust and work as an organized team however nothing could have prepared us for the mess that is R4.

First and for most before I negatively pan this raid, I would like to point out this is a fun raid when all the pieces align. The encounters are challenging, breaking up the formula with more mechanics and team work. That said, this is still a mess but, it didn’t have to be. The groups clearing it right now all have several key components in common:

1) they aren’t using the same classes from start to finish, lots of class swapping.

2) running Zero tank or 1 tank/1heal group for maximum DPS sounds optimal except Swtor raids have never been released this way, overtime you can cheese with better gear but to just sit out tanks and heals or tell them to play dps is discouraging.

3) All kills as I’ve seen so far in posted screen shots or on star parse are utilizing a Pyrotech for the Last Fight.

These 3 components are the most common I’ve seen over the successful groups who have either taken down SM R4 or recently the team that took down HM R4 running 1 tank and healer + pyrotech. Seems something is really off and it has to be the fact we can’t gear for HM R4 to run another wise optimal traditional group.

SM R4 token doesn't make any sense whatsoever when your own internal testing team took down R4 in Blue 340 gear…Seriously why is their 2 R4 tokens and 2 gear paths locked behind 1 difficulty? It doesn’t make any sense, realistically the R4 tokens should just be universal allowing you to buy 332 gear (blue) and upgrade it utilizing all currencies in game, that way all content remains relevant while funneling all through R4. The true reward of 340 purple gear should absolutely be locked behind HM boss kills which again creates the incentive for the few that would. Doesn’t this sound like “natural progression” or does an ops team of 8 class's swapping every boss and eventually ditching tanks and healers for a range/AoE heavy group gaining both gear progressions simultaneously sound like “natural progression”

“I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS” what is wrong with this raid?? You mean to say killing the first boss in R4 HM awards everyone a token for 332 while a lucky 2 get a 340 piece on top of the 332 pieces. So 2/8 get 340 and 8/8 get 332 at the same time. 10 pieces of loot for 1 HM kill and absolutely nothing for SM yet your own testing team needed 340 blue to complete R4 HM…. Why?! And how did this get passed to live??

In closing, my guild is taking a beating on Dominique SM getting her 9/8% while in HM we can get to phase 2 on first boss but we have to run 6/2 set up with zero tank which feels unnatural with players who haven’t DPS munch but spent the last few months+ gearing gold augs for tank equipment. You either allow us to buy 332 blue gear and upgrade using all currencies available or nerf R4 to put it line with other 8-man raid teams using a traditional 2/4/2 set up or don’t and watch the unsubs as you did with Gods, one of the worst raids in the game that “no one asked for”

Edited by ChrisCap

Wait, R4 was tested by people with 340 gear? ok that makes sense now in why it's tuned like it is. However, it does not make sense that it was tuned for that. So of course the only people clearing it are the very best people.

I do like the idea of upgrading SM token gear higher though. That would make total sense and may give the rest of us a decent shot at being able to do HM.

Make it so.

Like in the other thread I do agree with the fact that it sucks that the ops is made for people to use specific classes, swap classes and also makes them ignore tanks and healers.

The gear is also a problem as the tokens in SM are pointless. If you beat SM you do it in optimal 330 gear mostly so whats the point of getting that 228/330 gear at all?

I can see here that you’re all talking without knowing;

All bosses have been killed by a tons of team in 330, what do you think???

This new ops has devs said would be one the the hardest ever done, even on the pts u was able to kill all bosses in sm & hm.

You can't tell me that ur guild was working hard and prepared the release of the raid for month and u couldn't kill dominique SM, while I just did it in pugs with people litteraly doing anything correclty.

I mean even Berga from leviathan killed Dominique Story Mode....

All the content is actually done for 99% of u who are only doing story and buying cartel coins for buying skin and crushing on Lana Beniko. For real raider we finally have something for us so you will not destroy that and you can go back to the content you Always have done.

PS : I don't have any problem with people doing only story.

Edited by artxtrem

Welcome to the forums.

This new ops has devs said would be one the the hardest ever done, even on the pts u was able to kill all bosses in sm & hm.

You can't tell me that ur guild was working hard and prepared the release of the raid for month and u couldn't kill dominique SM, while I just did it in pugs with people litteraly doing anything correclty.

All the content is actually done for 99% of u who are only doing story and buying cartel coins for buying skin and crushing on Lana Beniko. For real raider we finally have something for us so you will not destroy that and you can go back to the content you Always have done.

You are 100% correct, absolutely right and you know what you're talking about. Others like you do not visit the forums because they cannot stand these people that can barely write one sentence without any inaccuracies in them.

R4 has not been killed by a ton of teams. Sure, at the highest end of the raiders. But otherwise, no it hasn't. Even in SM, the clear rate is low. The high end raiders work out of their own discords and can pug quality teams . The rest of the folks, not so much so. So yeah, the better gear is gated for the vast majority of people.

So the mission now is to destroy it, so that there is parity of gear again and not just allowing the elitists to lord over the rest of the people.

R4 has not been killed by a ton of teams. Sure, at the highest end of the raiders. But otherwise, no it hasn't. Even in SM, the clear rate is low. The high end raiders work out of their own discords and can pug quality teams . The rest of the folks, not so much so. So yeah, the better gear is gated for the vast majority of people.

So the mission now is to destroy it, so that there is parity of gear again and not just allowing the elitists to lord over the rest of the people.

The mission is to not feel inferior by coping on the forums. Realistically we can say what we want, you'll find a way to keep it the discussion spinning. Why is it a bad thing that people can get more gear? Oh no, people could be having fun in raiding, let's ruin that because we aren't as good. Then get gud.

The mission is to not feel inferior by coping on the forums. Realistically we can say what we want, you'll find a way to keep it the discussion spinning. Why is it a bad thing that people can get more gear? Oh no, people could be having fun in raiding, let's ruin that because we aren't as good. Then get gud.

Who feels inferior? I don't. I'm just gonna campaign for a return to standardized gearing as we had in 6 that was easy for anyone to obtain. In case you hadn't noticed, i don't really care whose feathers i rustle. For the vast majority of players, the game is NOT about "getting gud." That's why 7.0 has been a complete disaster.

The "year of celebration" has been one trainwreck after another. A bunch of staff got fired, more quit. People leaving the game in droves. The ones remaining, having to deal with a game that is completely foreign from what it has been since 2016. Failure, after failure is all the laymen see.

Note the key word there, laymen. They are who spend the most money on the game. Not the top raiders. Not the top pvpers. The people who spend the most are who the game should be made for and it's time for 7.0 to begin being reverted back into something more compatible for those people.

Who feels inferior? I don't. I'm just gonna campaign for a return to standardized gearing as we had in 6 that was easy for anyone to obtain. In case you hadn't noticed, i don't really care whose feathers i rustle. For the vast majority of players, the game is NOT about "getting gud." That's why 7.0 has been a complete disaster.

The "year of celebration" has been one trainwreck after another. A bunch of staff got fired, more quit. People leaving the game in droves. The ones remaining, having to deal with a game that is completely foreign from what it has been since 2016. Failure, after failure is all the laymen see.

Note the key word there, laymen. They are who spend the most money on the game. Not the top raiders. Not the top pvpers. The people who spend the most are who the game should be made for and it's time for 7.0 to begin being reverted back into something more compatible for those people.

Harder Content => Better Gear.

Deal with it, fair concept, nothing new. 330 is good enough for everything. Stop crying.

Harder Content => Better Gear.

Deal with it, fair concept, nothing new. 330 is good enough for everything. Stop crying.

Nice elitist attitude. While I am okay locking the best gear behind R4 VM, it needs to be tuned properly first. R4 SM is absolutely not SM, and R4 HM is absolutely not HM. We're at NiM difficulties on HM rn

Harder Content = Same Gear

We had it for all of 6 and were better for it. 340 for everyone! Stop whining.

Yeah and now you don't, having the expectation that you will always have BiS is completely unreasonable.

Yeah and now you don't, having the expectation that you will always have BiS is completely unreasonable.

When most people had it for most of 5 and all of 6? It's very reasonable. When they finally open it up so we can have gear for everyone, feel free to leave if you want. We won't shed a tear.