Revert HP reduction in operations.

It's fine. It'll open doors for more people.

It's not fine. At least not universally.

SM was already super easy; now it's flipping hilarious. There was no need whatsoever to touch the health values in SM. You touch bosses and they explode. My guild is newbie friendly. We like taking people through their first ops, but Gods last night was a combination of "Boss? What Boss?" and "Oh that mechanic's happening already???" SM feels like a vet flashpoint. It's brain-meltingly boring.

HM health value adjustment has made less of a difference, but I'm already hearing teams complain about mechs pushing faster than they should. (Ex. Brontes hands swapping before the debuff falls off the tank). That sort of thing is annoying.

I wouldn't push for a full revert of the HP nerf in HM and NiM, but it should definitely be reverted for SM, and HM/NiM raids should have had a more nuanced adjustment than what we got.

For veteran players, yes SM is a complete joke. For HM and NiM however, you'll have to make some adjustments, but it'll be fine. The point of the HP adjustment was to get more people back into HM and NiM. Let's get some more people back into harder stuff. There were a lot of people that couldn't since 7, this is for them. So many people left the game that we need folks to move up and regrow the community. Teach them and let them grow. Don't gate keep and watch the community die.

For veteran players, yes SM is a complete joke. For HM and NiM however, you'll have to make some adjustments, but it'll be fine. The point of the HP adjustment was to get more people back into HM and NiM. Let's get some more people back into harder stuff. There were a lot of people that couldn't since 7, this is for them. So many people left the game that we need folks to move up and regrow the community. Teach them and let them grow. Don't gate keep and watch the community die.

Agreed. At this point only 1-5% of the entire raiding community can do NiM ops. Way more of the community than that should be able to do the games hardest content. This is a step in the right direction. Now only if they could balance the classes better. Especially the arsenal/gunnery specs that supposedly got "buffed" when it has done almost nothing. While meta classes can do things easy. Not everyone wants to play those classes. Again though, a good step in the right direction was health reduction.

I think you misunderstand my position. I agree with you in principle insofar as HM and NiM is concerned. I want to see more people in HM. That said, I don't think that a flat 10% HP nerf was the way to go about it. I'm a supporter of finesse, that's all.

But for SM? No, I do not agree. The leap from SM to HM was already far too substantial. Where SM was before 7.1 was a joke. Where it is since the patch dropped is an insult to player intelligence. This is not a "Veteran Player vs. New Player" position. SM should be easy, yes, but you should NOT be able to take 8 dps through SM DF in 11 minutes without support classes, and that's where we are right now.

Looking at that state of affairs and saying "nerfing SM alongside HM and NiM was a mistake" is not gatekeeping. It's a pointed observation.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad take OP.

HM is way more brutal on DPS checks than it needed to be for 7.0. Many NiM bosses were near impossible, some even completely impossible.

The HP reduction helps those dps checks. Because the gear isn't enough. We know our rotations, we are hitting within 2-3k of top parses, and still failing. It was neccessary.

SM didn't need it for sure tho. Still, awful take

Bad take OP.

HM is way more brutal on DPS checks than it needed to be for 7.0. Many NiM bosses were near impossible, some even completely impossible.

The HP reduction helps those dps checks. Because the gear isn't enough. We know our rotations, we are hitting within 2-3k of top parses, and still failing. It was neccessary.

Nim bosses being Impossible had nothing to do with too hard dps checks, the actual problem was the damage going out being too high. Which bosses are you failing the dps checks with 2k close to top parses besides maybe HM Styrak?

Bad take OP.

You can 3 DPS Apex NiM, stop telling anybody the HP checks are fine everybody. Your DPS literally doubled, the boss has 62 instead of 60 million HP. It's a complete joke.

You can 3 DPS Apex NiM, stop telling anybody the HP checks are fine everybody. Your DPS literally doubled, the boss has 62 instead of 60 million HP. It's a complete joke.

DPS only doubled for 6.0's Capped content. Your example for it being doubled is a poor choice, since Dxun was uncapped content in 6.0. Your DPS has increased of course since 6.0, but definitely has not doubled in previously uncapped content.

Now if you had said your DPS had doubled in DF or DP NiM, I'd have fully agreed with you. That would have been better examples to use.

Edited by Toraak