Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

Toxen
03.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #421
A Mac client would certainly help with the problem of low population servers.
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

tempestryder
03.10.2012 , 11:40 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
A Mac client would certainly help with the problem of low population servers.
The addition of 100 mac players will not fix server pop.

Kanshan
03.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by tempestryder View Post
The addition of 100 mac players will not fix server pop.
Additional 10 you mean?
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

tempestryder
03.10.2012 , 11:46 AM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
Additional 10 you mean?
I stand corrected- my bad.

Kyrtin
03.10.2012 , 01:22 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Don't make assumptions, please.

I said we're not currently working on a Mac client. That doesn't rule out the possibility of a Mac client in the future; as various interviews have stated, it's always possible.

However, currently, there are no development efforts directed towards a Mac client. Unless it's being done in an underground bunker far from here by stealth-suited developers.
Although I'll forever consider Mac users as being unable to tie their own digital shoes, and I'll laugh in the face of any "Mac Genius", these people will spend 2-3 times the value of something if it has a Mac logo on it, and gives them a number to call where someone won't treat them as being stupid as they truly are when they need help.

It'd make a hell of a lot better investment to make a Mac OSX client than it would to keep paying whoever you've got working your crafting/itemization systems. Please excuse my bluntness
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One
CE VIP Yes I know it was only worth $100

ElitehunterDS
03.10.2012 , 01:49 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasani View Post
You're too selfish , lol

and what makes you think that by giving Mac support it will screw with PC gamers ?
You need to split your QA team and programmer on both system, which end up with a lowered quality work, which for the moment need a little kick in the *** (or the producer who calls the shot).

See: Pylons bug supposed to be fixed and Emote on mount and many things.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Lasani
03.11.2012 , 06:10 AM | #427
Anyone else noticed with the prev patch I am getting 10 FPS more than before the patch ?

Ewgal
03.11.2012 , 06:10 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

However, currently, there are no development efforts directed towards a Mac client. Unless it's being done in an underground bunker far from here by stealth-suited developers.
Mac OS X has bootcamp utility anyway, so it isn't critical for Apple computer fans to have a client developed.
May the farce be with you

Lasani
03.11.2012 , 06:23 AM | #429
Quote:
BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk are quite dedicated to their fans. At least that's a recurring theme for them when talking about their company's moves in new directions, to which both repeatedly referred during a recent interview in midtown Manhattan. "We know there's a big Mac audience of BioWare fans ... we know that's an important and large audience. And we want to serve that audience," Muzyka told me when asked about a potential Mac version of the his company's latest major release, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

"I'd say 'not yet,'" Zeschuk assured me when I told him that, as a BioWare fan, I'm unable to play The Old Republic on my less than two-year-old MacBook. Though Muzyka was quick to remind me that I can technically play the game on a Windows partition, he also admitted that it wasn't an ideal situation. "We've done a lot of Mac ports before of our games. We haven't announced any details yet for The Old Republic, but we know that's an important and large audience."

Neither would offer a strict timetable on the Mac version, but Zeschuk did note, "That's definitely one of the things we're looking at next. We want to get this launch under our belt and everything stabilized and happy, and then we'll look at other platforms, and that's obviously one of the first ones."
Source

Fingers crossed

Korrigan
03.11.2012 , 06:40 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Pencilvania View Post
Do you support a Mac OS X client for SWTOR?

This thread is for discussing support for an OS X client for Star Wars The Old Republic. Please keep comments related to that topic.
Since there are already ways to play SW:TOR on a MAC with good performance, no, I don't support a Mac OS X client. I'd rather have the devs focus on bug fixes and enhancements than to waste time developing a client for a minority which actually already can play it with a little effort.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.