Gree Event?

joenewbie

Ok I understand it's some sort of big deal, but A. what are the benefits of participating, B. is it group based or can some of the events be solo'd.... and C. How best to take advantage of the event? I mean can I just run one event after another or is there a time constraint one time deal?

Thanks in advance.

A. The benefits are the rewards that require reputation. They can be viewed at the vendors located on Ilum even when the events are down, they include legacy weapons and gear, which can be used to transfer bound armourings/mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels to other characters or in case of mirror classes you can even let your characters share the same gear. Legacy gear is available from most reputation vendors (different skins ofcourse) how-ever for as far as I now this is the only place to aquire legacy weapons so far. In 2.3 (or was it 2.4) there will be another event offering a few legacy weapons, but I think only for tech-classes.

B. It's partly dailies, most can be solo'd, a few are best done with a group. There're 3 world-bosses, 2 have lesser rewards and a respawn time and 1 is in an instance (much like Toborro's courtyard) and can be done when-ever but gives a SM/HM lock-out per character. You will need a group to kill the World-bosses.

C. Best way (for me) has been doing the daily quests on several characters to get my reputation up far enough to be allowed to kill Xeno2, the world-boss that's instanced. He will drop relatively decent gear, a purple reputation token and grey helix components (needed for the legacy weapons) but if you have 1 character at 55 I think you're stuck to doing to dailies every day and Xeno2 once a week.

For more information:

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-relics-of-the-gree-event-guide/

Edited by Gloomycakes

The event is a collection of missions that take place on the western ice shelf of Ilum.

By participating in the event, you gain Reputation with the Gree Enclave, which allows you to purchase items from the Gree Rep Vendor. The missions also reward Gray Helix Components, which are required to purchase some of the items. The items most people want from the Gree Rep Vendor are the Legacy-bound weapons, which allow you to send hilts and barrels back and forth between characters in your legacy (not to mention some, like the lightsabers, simply look ******). These weapons require Champion standing w/ the Gree, which takes several weeks worth of Reputation to obtain.

As for the missions, most are daily missions similar to those found in Black Hole or Section X. Some can be completed solo, while others require a group. When you first start, you can only access some of the missions, but once you reach the first Reputation rank (newcomer I believe), you can purchase access to the Gree ship, which makes a few other mission available. In addition, some of the missions take place in a free-for-all PVP area, meaning that, while they technically can be done solo, it is much safer to be in a group. There is also an Operation (can only be done once per week) that requires 8 or 16 players that involves killing a single boss (similar to Toborro's Courtyard if you are familiar with that). Finally, there are a pair of world bosses that also drop rewards.

Thanks for the responses.... gonna have to figure out how to get involved being that I only have one toon on my server and he's level 44.... *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait till next time or group up for everything... I don't play social usually but perhaps I need to start.

My overall character plan is described in my sig... and I'm only on my first toon on my new server I started 3 weeks-ish ago since I returned to the game after a break. So these first 4-5 toons really weren't planned on being my "main" not till I have a lot of credits stashed and the main crew skills needed to keep a force user well supplied through leveling and at the cap.

Anyway, thanks again for the information and fast responses.

Thanks for the responses.... gonna have to figure out how to get involved being that I only have one toon on my server and he's level 44.... *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait till next time or group up for everything... I don't play social usually but perhaps I need to start.

My overall character plan is described in my sig... and I'm only on my first toon on my new server I started 3 weeks-ish ago since I returned to the game after a break. So these first 4-5 toons really weren't planned on being my "main" not till I have a lot of credits stashed and the main crew skills needed to keep a force user well supplied through leveling and at the cap.

Anyway, thanks again for the information and fast responses.

well, since you're not in a rush and all, don't have to hurry for this one. Just wait for the next cycle.

For anybody with multiple toons, reputation is legacy wide so you can do the dailies on each character and get reputation much faster.

With one toon you'll have a hard time getting into the nice gear levels in a single event.

For anybody with multiple toons, reputation is legacy wide so you can do the dailies on each character and get reputation much faster.

With one toon you'll have a hard time getting into the nice gear levels in a single event.

Well I will have more than one toon at some point... just a matter of playing constantly leveling once I break 50th/55th on my main toon, I'm 46th now... I'll roll others, but I want that human presence bonus first, and I want to make sure the credit side of things are well taken care of and breaking it down between many players just cuts how much I have in my bank.

Well I will have more than one toon at some point... just a matter of playing constantly leveling once I break 50th/55th on my main toon, I'm 46th now... I'll roll others, but I want that human presence bonus first, and I want to make sure the credit side of things are well taken care of and breaking it down between many players just cuts how much I have in my bank.

Joe, as long as you've been playing this, you should have a platoon of 50's and battalion of companions fetching you goodies to sell on the GTN. :rolleyes:

Joe, as long as you've been playing this, you should have a platoon of 50's and battalion of companions fetching you goodies to sell on the GTN. :rolleyes:

Long break, more than 6 months, and new server now... so.. not quite.