newb question

dushyarov

Hi guys

i just have a quick question, it seems so far the anwers i've found are contrary to what i saw.

i'm pretty new to the game, highest toon i have is 33 marauder. i've leveled a few toons past lvl 10 and picked advanced class. here lies my question. when i got my marauder profession, i got 2 orange sabers as part of the class change. when i got my juggernant, all i got were 2 shields and no saber, which left me with a crappy saber i got at lvl 9 on noob isle. i think i got the same thing on my imp , that toon didn't get a weapon upon graduation to operative.

so i'm just curious.

Hi guys

i just have a quick question, it seems so far the anwers i've found are contrary to what i saw.

i'm pretty new to the game, highest toon i have is 33 marauder. i've leveled a few toons past lvl 10 and picked advanced class. here lies my question. when i got my marauder profession, i got 2 orange sabers as part of the class change. when i got my juggernant, all i got were 2 shields and no saber, which left me with a crappy saber i got at lvl 9 on noob isle. i think i got the same thing on my imp , that toon didn't get a weapon upon graduation to operative.

so i'm just curious.

when you pick your advanced class, you basically get a pack of "advanced class specific" items. marauder uses an offhand saber, so you would get one when you picked your advanced class (iirc its only one. the other orange one you probably got from the korriban arc). Juggernauts would get one generator (for dps) and one shield (for tanking) since you could do either.

for agent, its a pure dps spec so you'd probably get a sniper rifle from the pack. dont remember what the operative pack gives you but it would likely be somewhere along that line as well..

when you pick your advanced class, you basically get a pack of "advanced class specific" items. marauder uses an offhand saber, so you would get one when you picked your advanced class (iirc its only one. the other orange one you probably got from the korriban arc). Juggernauts would get one generator (for dps) and one shield (for tanking) since you could do either.

for agent, its a pure dps spec so you'd probably get a sniper rifle from the pack. dont remember what the operative pack gives you but it would likely be somewhere along that line as well..

Great answer, just a few more details and confirming:

Healers/DPS classes only get 1 off-hand (logical because DPS and Healers use the same type of off-hand)

Tank/DPS classes get a generator (DPS) and Shield (Tank)

Those are all green quality due to the fact there were no moddable version of them when this was introduced.

as for DPS-only:

Maurauders get 1 saber, since they need another one as off-hand for optimal preformance. They decided to be kind and make this orange quality, but the mods aren't if I recall correctly.

Sniper will get a sniper rifle, just like commando gets an assult cannon since they're adv. class specific weapons and wield better results.

Orange items means you can change the mods inside and make the weapon better all the time. The main-hand weapon from the 1st planet is far from crappy and can be permanently upgraded.

thanks guys!

i saw early on that i can add 4 parts to orange items, but i didn't realize how modifiable orange items were.

i though that if orange item said Damage: 35-45 ( for example), that adding a +10 str to it would not change the overall damage. i tested it with that ancient light saber added a buch of stuff and damage on it now reads 130-175 or something like that. I feel dumb.

Edited by dushyarov

Artifice makes crystals that can be used in anything that takes a crystal. Armstech will make barrels and ranged non-force based weapons. Mods are made by Cybertech and Augments are either Synthweaving or Armormech. So having a number of characters with a variety of crew skills will certainly help gear up.

It's why I live by my sig line, alts first to establish and learn the mechanics of the game, followed on eventually by what you really want to play and play it for pure enjoyment, role play, storyline... etc.