Comprehensive beginners Crafting Guide

CKNORTH

This is for anyone with a fresh account looking to crafting for there characters or otherwise making enough of a profit to maintain there crafting roles. I will assume that these people are subscribed with a minimum of 8 character slots however this guide can be modified to slow for what ever school of crafting you decide to run on a free account.

Let’s start with your first character now I play republic side so I will be referring what to do as a republic character. Ok now that you made your first character what ever it may be you need to figure out where to farm for your mats.

You will of course need a minimum of level ten to train your skills and be past the starting planet. Once on Coruscant go through at least the main story until you get your ship. This part isn’t as important as it is to have the level of the areas to farm mats.

Also to note your first character may not in the end be your main character. The skills that are Required is one gather one crew and I cannot stress this enough Slicing. I will be using a Jedi as an example.

For synthweavers your first character should consist of Archeology Slicing and UWT.

Because you are starting fresh Funds might be an issue. So I would advise sitting in the Jedi Temple and just farming all archeological nodes and sell all your mats until you have roughly 4.2m in credits. This could take a while or not long at all depending on the market.

Once you have your 4.2m this is the least amount of credits needed to get a companion to influence 50. What you do is go to fleet companion gift merchant and find the highest like gift your companion wants. I usually know by the 10k gift that starts with influence number 1043 or so when you give them the gift. That is the gift you will want to focus on of course that number might be lower if you do not have Legacy of Altruism unlocked to rank of 3 in your legacy character perk tab.

From this point once you have an influence 50

Companion which can be a slight grind but is well worth it. You will have a +75 boost to efficiency and critical’s.

Another thing to look at is your gear for added crafting boost to change all your amplifiers to the best you can get in mission efficiency etc.

So now you have reached this point and you are ready to get your skills capped out. What is important to note is that you will be selling the majority of these mats “for now”

To keep you going on with getting skills to cap.

As you gather you want to keep the bonus missions from slicing these offer the highest amount of mats and yes you can crit these missions for extra mats these missions are what will keep you in the black of funds instead of always being in the red.

So now you have a spiffy gather for Synthweaving it is now time to make Synthweaver. Do the recommend skills with Synthweaving which is Archeology and UWT.

Cap those first and keep rolling the missions your gather has been running from

Slicing. You should have a stock of these missions once your synthweaver has the skills

Can also run.

All that is left is to actually start crafting with your two characters rolling the missions and at minimum 1-2 companions with influence 50 you should have more than enough mats to skill and reverse engineer all your schematics for Synthweaving… if you find you are behind in mats simply roll a second gatherer that is identical to the first. That is it.

It takes time and Effort but in the end you will have more than you actually need gear and credit wise. So it’s in the end up to you the crafter how to decide to approach your skills. I hope this guide helps it is modifiable in the sense that you can mix and match the skills up if you intend to do all the crafting… enjoy!