Probably not the Feed back you want but....

akdonkey

Ok first off I'm just some older player who with the Play how you want for the first time ever had top-level gearing options. Now you take that away from me. I Played for a good two weeks and basically looted nothing. Usable for my character. I don't have the time with my real-life Job. I work a rotating swing shift. Up to 72 hours a week.

You spoiled us. You gave us easy leveling. You take it away.

You gave us easy to obtain gear. You take that away.

Made it so I was not forced to PVP. Now you have taken that away.

Now I gotta do Operations. It takes hours to get the group and everyone on board to complete one.

You take all the spoils away from a spoiled child they Will Not Respond how you want. Sometimes Never.

Everyone has screamed it's the end since the launch. It is a 10-year-old game that you made easy over the years. Now you want to take it back to year one. With really nothing worth the effort.

It takes hours to get the group and everyone on board to complete one.

Stop pugging and join a guild. I never need worry about scratching together an op. I know if I'm in my guild's Discord chat at 7:15 PM on a Wednesday night that I've a good shot of getting a spot in the op scheduled for 7:30. No guesswork. Certainly no hours-long wait.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Ok first off I'm just some older player who with the Play how you want for the first time ever had top-level gearing options. Now you take that away from me. I Played for a good two weeks and basically looted nothing. Usable for my character. I don't have the time with my real-life Job. I work a rotating swing shift. Up to 72 hours a week.

You spoiled us. You gave us easy leveling. You take it away.

You gave us easy to obtain gear. You take that away.

Made it so I was not forced to PVP. Now you have taken that away.

Now I gotta do Operations. It takes hours to get the group and everyone on board to complete one.

You take all the spoils away from a spoiled child they Will Not Respond how you want. Sometimes Never.

Everyone has screamed it's the end since the launch. It is a 10-year-old game that you made easy over the years. Now you want to take it back to year one. With really nothing worth the effort.

THIS.....

I too am an older player who has been here since day one. I still love this game, there is no other game like it out there. But I am really concerned about what you are doing to it now. All I can do is hope somehow it all gets fixed, but my time playing on the PTS was very disheartening. This is a mess:(

Stop pugging and join a guild. I never need worry about scratching together an op. I know if I'm in my guild's Discord chat at 7:15 PM on a Wednesday night that I've a good shot of getting a spot in the op scheduled for 7:30. No guesswork. Certainly no hours-long wait.

Is just that there people playing from different time zones, and not all time zones have a hugh enough player base to consistently fill the men needed for Ops, maybe fp, but not ops.

Well this here is the crux of the problem. SWTOR devs billed this as a "play as you want".

That means technically I should be able to play without a guild being forced down my throat in order to play. Guess not.

The other issue here is a lot of the guilds have "mandatory" requirements in order to join/stay. If the OP works a swing shift at 72 hours a week, when do you think he's going to be able to meet all the requirements of a Operations guild? Answer, probably none at all. Also with a swing shift, he's online most hours when others aren't.

The answer to bad development shouldn't be "join a guild". I'm not saying a MMO should be solo friendly, but it shouldn't be solo antagonistic, especially on a MMO that the devs are billing as "play how you want".

Edited by Lady_Myajha

Well this here is the crux of the problem. SWTOR devs billed this as a "play as you want".

That means technically I should be able to play without a guild being forced down my throat in order to play.

Joining a player association is simply is bending knee to the math.

You're much likely to get what you want if you consociate with others than stand on an island and then demand people know you're there.

Edited by xordevoreaux

The other issue here is a lot of the guilds have "mandatory" requirements in order to join/stay. .

And the counter to that issue, many guilds don't have requirements. Vilifying guilds to bolster your point won't work.

Is just that there people playing from different time zones, and not all time zones have a hugh enough player base to consistently fill the men needed for Ops, maybe fp, but not ops.

My guild has players in Germany, Quebec, England, Missouri, and many other time zones, and those players still manage to get in an op together.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You are confused. 6.0 was billed as, "play what you want". 7.0 has no slogan, but if it did it would be, "play a narrow selection of predetermined activities".

Joining a player association is simply is bending knee to the math.

You're much likely to get what you want if you consociate with others than stand on an island and then demand people know you're there.

Thank you for proving my point actually. What you're saying is that the math, as created by the devs, says that it's necessary to bend the knee to join a guild.

And no, from your other post, I'm not vilifying guilds in general. I'm a member of a number of them. The point I'm making is that many guilds operate with certain restrictions in place, either implicit or overt. You want to game at 3am US West Coast Time? What are the chances that there are any guilds really operating operations at that time on Satele Shan? Hell what are the chances on Star Forge?

So I get it, you want people to join guilds. I can appreciate that, but your thinking is the exact thinking that the devs are having. Forced group content, at the expense of solo operations. In your case its forced group guild joining vs standing on an island. In the devs case it's forced operations.

Both are wrong thinking in a game billed as "play how you want". It both cases its "play how you want as long as you conform to the group thinking we have"

It is a 10-year-old game that you made easy over the years. Now you want to take it back to year one. With really nothing worth the effort.

This is a good summary of 7.0 on the PTS.

My guild has players in Germany, Quebec, England, Missouri, and many other time zones, and those players still manage to get in an op together.

Good for you, xvordereaux, good for you. You're a shining example of a Swtor player.

But what you are saying is: Get a guild and get active in that guild, or quit.

I am in such guilds. I've ran one of the biggest guilds on The Progenitor for years. I don't want to play OPs anymore. I have my reasons. They are not related to pugging. The current state of the PTS is very limited - and thus boring - for solo players. I have already ended my sub, and unless there comes some massive changes before 7.0 goes live, I won't continue to fund this game any longer. There are not enough benefits for me anymore.

Now, the question, xvordereaux, is: How do you benefit from me (and other solo players) quitting our subs? While on the other hand, what negative consequences would you suffer, if solo players wouldn't get dragged out, and would thus continue their subs?

Don't reply. Play an OP with your guild instead and enjoy the game while it lasts.

Edited by JattaGin

• 2 weeks later...

The answer to bad development shouldn't be "join a guild". I'm not saying a MMO should be solo friendly, but it shouldn't be solo antagonistic, especially on a MMO that the devs are billing as "play how you want".

Bingo!!! I absolutely HATE a response like "Well, join a guild" This game is not supposed to be GUILD driven!!! If you want to join a guild and run OPS and FP's, fine, then by all means do it. But, that being said, Guilds are not for everyone. And should NOT be forced down everyones throats.

SWTOR was billed as a "Play your way" game....which with 7.0, it is now going to be "Join a guild, or be left behind"

Bingo!!! I absolutely HATE a response like "Well, join a guild" This game is not supposed to be GUILD driven!!! If you want to join a guild and run OPS and FP's, fine, then by all means do it. But, that being said, Guilds are not for everyone. And should NOT be forced down everyones throats.

SWTOR was billed as a "Play your way" game....which with 7.0, it is now going to be "Join a guild, or be left behind"

You're also going to NEED a guild if you actually want to get tech fragments. Loss of renown/deconstructable gear is going to suck big time.

It is an MMO ffs! So yes, you should join a guild, yes you should find at least a few friends a long the way. If its not your thing, go play Kotor. You do not like interactions? Why do you play this game which is an mmo? Nobody forces you to play, you do it on your own accord. You enjoy the story? Awesome, do it in your 318 gear that drops from solo content. It is playable.

But do not force your casual agenda on those that were lacking better gratification for doing harder content. We needed a change. 6.0 got people used to farm TC/EV on a daily basis to get the same gear as people who were doing hm/Nim stuff and it felt awful.

The sheer thought that casual players get the same rewards as people who put in effor is insane! I understand people have personal reasons, yet, you cant please everybody. Even me, with my own family and priorities can still play 3 times a week for 2-3hours with a group of like-minded individuals. It is possible, but you need to put an effort to get out of your cave/ basement and start interactions with people. They dont bite, most of them are rather helpful. And if you judge the community through screaming kids from general chat you will be locked in a loop that is hard to escape because you will find arguments not to play everywhere.

Gearing should be challenging, you should be rewarded appropriately for this challenge. So far in 6.0 it was non- existant. You got the same drop as from flashpoints and heroics and it was dreadful to find pleasure in pushing HM/NIM bosses. Thank god they found this issue and made some change.

And the counter to that issue, many guilds don't have requirements. Vilifying guilds to bolster your point won't work.

"a lot of" does not mean "ALL!!!!!!!!"

My guild has ZERO requirements, but we also don't have enough ACTIVE members to do Operations. Attempts to grow the guild have failed - and I'm not going to attempt it any longer.

Before anyone says "change guilds" - I've had my guild name since the days BEFORE Star Wars: Galaxies - so, no. Thank you.

Gearing should be challenging, you should be rewarded appropriately for this challenge. So far in 6.0 it was non- existant. You got the same drop as from flashpoints and heroics and it was dreadful to find pleasure in pushing HM/NIM bosses. Thank god they found this issue and made some change.

Gearing should not be a challenge in itself.

That is when we get dev quotes around rasiing the irating cap of gearing routes, "you will have a reason to continue to play".

If you found no pleasure in pushing NiM content, that doesn't mean locking gear behind it will help. All that will change is people will do easier NiMs, like TFB and SnV first bosses, to upgrade their item rating before they actually start to push into said operations. Instead of that people just show up to NiM and now are ready to push into content that day. The rewards are the titles/achievements/rare drops. So the devs should add more of those to the fights if you are having no drive to push NiM, not generic gear.

It is an MMO ffs! So yes, you should join a guild, yes you should find at least a few friends a long the way. If its not your thing, go play Kotor. You do not like interactions? Why do you play this game which is an mmo? Nobody forces you to play, you do it on your own accord. You enjoy the story? Awesome, do it in your 318 gear that drops from solo content. It is playable.

But do not force your casual agenda on those that were lacking better gratification for doing harder content. We needed a change. 6.0 got people used to farm TC/EV on a daily basis to get the same gear as people who were doing hm/Nim stuff and it felt awful.

The sheer thought that casual players get the same rewards as people who put in effor is insane! I understand people have personal reasons, yet, you cant please everybody. Even me, with my own family and priorities can still play 3 times a week for 2-3hours with a group of like-minded individuals. It is possible, but you need to put an effort to get out of your cave/ basement and start interactions with people. They dont bite, most of them are rather helpful. And if you judge the community through screaming kids from general chat you will be locked in a loop that is hard to escape because you will find arguments not to play everywhere.

The flaw in your argument is that the game is actually very much a solo player game. It's story-driven and the missions are pretty much made for soloers, so it's not exactly a surprise that it attracts solo players (remember KotFE and KotET?).

I mean, I quit the game at release because I needed a group to finish Ilum. I came back in 2020 because I did NOT need a group to finish the story.

It's like BW can't make their mind about who they want to cater to. But in the end, you really can't blame casuals for being pissed off that the game that was catering to their playstyle so well until now suddenly decided to cater to raiders instead. That's really all there is to it. Yes, MMOs typically give the best gear to raiders. But a lot of players came to SWTOR with the premise that it would not be the case.

That's the problem. I could argue that, if you want raiders to have the best gear, you should probably play WoW, Rift or EQ2 (if they still exist, lol).

Edited by Pricia