Dark Council Strength Order

JmoWolf

There was, at best, a desperately lucky effort to temporarily contain him.

I'm fine with that as long as doesn't include actual fightning.

Never said he was weak.

But second in the Empire after the Emperor? I doubt.

Whole squads of like..3 or 4 guys?

More like 2. Oh, wait :)

Depends what kind of Jedi. And what kind of normal. In the movies only Jango Fett( a mandalorian with the suit ) was able to keep up with strong Jedi.

And Imperial Agent has no suit, he can't fly etc.

I'm talking about 1v1 fights, of course.

The second assumption is really ridiculous, but what's wrong with the first one? Or you think the time and space has split into 4 pieces so every rep class could get a kill?

The quote is: second in power Only to the emperor him self.

Jadus is second in raw power.

If watcher 2 said authority than yes he is igual to everyother lords but no she said power. You cant say that all Dark lords are igual in power my friend.

Both the Emperor and the Dread Master (the most powerful beeings in the sith empire and probably the galaxy) acknowledged Jadus power. You simply cannot deny that.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to remember about the "second in power to the Emperor" quote is that the one making the quote is really not qualified to make that claim, and isn't exactly unbiased either, considering Jadus was head of Intelligence.

Also if you choose to arrest Jadus you would call the intire Dark Council to take him in, isnt that overkill for a avarage Dark lord?

Also if you choose hand of jadus, hell he actualy "rule" the empire from imperial intelligence, he had the intire dark council in check (the Council by the end of chapter1 at its peak, yes im talking about Marr, Mortis, vow, Baras...). come on pls search the character not only on wookieepedia but in game and the quotes and the possibilities of dialog.

Jadus knew everything the emperor would do even before the jedi Knight kill Vitiate.

By the end of chapter4 keeper (now minister of intelligence) says that jadus is far from not knowing what is happening in the galaxy even in his absance.

List them in order of who u think would win in a fight.

Darth Nox

Darth Marr

Darth Mortis

Darth Thanaton

Darth Ravage

Darth Decimus

Darth Jadus

Darth Vengean

Darth Baras

Darth Acharon

Darth Artho

Darh Hydra

Darth Vowrawn

Vengean's strength compared to Baras is inconsequential, especially when it only took two of Baras' agents to Take out Vengeans forces and himself. that puts Vengean somewhere on the lower rung of the power base.

Baras was easily outwitted and defeated by his former student, so in the end he not only trained his own destruction and fall but for someone who has a network of agents and and a man who always assumed he was being plotted against, his own paranoid reactions were his own downfall, that automatically makes him weak by default.

Jadus is second only to the emperor in power, but was taken out by a non force sensitive imperial agent, that suggests his power wasn't that strong after all if he can be so easily out played at his own game. while not as weak as Baras, Jadus managed to free himself from Sith Guards and disappear. That means he is alone at last check, that puts him near the bottom in the power stakes.

Marr was a fool in the end, the man who showed greater wisdom and pragmatism than any other sith on the council, he left himself open for attack with a few Thranta Class warships and his Terminus Destroyer. his forces got hammered by the eternal fleet in no time. for a man who has such regard for those around him, he went in completely ill-prepared for what he was facing, and died like a Sith instead of protecting what was his to guard. at least he died on his feet fighting, but compared to the emperor who used one big blast to kill Marr, it was clear he wasn't that powerful in the end.

Vowrawn doesn't appear to have the strength or ability to fight his enemies in a straight duel any more, hence the Sith guards. there may have been an admittance that he is getting too old for these types of power games, however what he lacks in lightsaber skills at old age, he makes up for in his position on the council. i suspect while he might be cunning, his powerbase isn't as strong as others, however that cunning has saved his life and navigated him through the treacherous water of power games even so, so his power base may have expanded over time when other Sith see how successful he is.

Hydra and Acheron were quite weak for dark Councillors, despite Hydra's power base on Corellia, it was rather easy to dismantle her operation. Acheron was even easier to get to. so these two are right at the bottom of the power stakes.

There is not much known about Ravage or Mortis in lore, i can't tell where they are in the power stakes. i will have to put them outside that area until that is cleared up.

Thanaton is a bad example of a Sith, i wouldn't even rate him on the power stakes if i could, the fact is that he says he is a traditionalist and then bricks it when things go lopsided. His powerbase meant nothing in the end after the Challenge failed. He was murdered begging for help and deserved what he got.

Arho is very powerful for a Sith but fatally shortsighted on his goals, that made him easily predictable to his fellow Sith like Malgus and his enemies in the Republic. He was murdered anyway. Not particularly high on the list in the power stakes.

With Decimus there isn't a great deal of lore on regarding his power base, but as an indivual he clearly is one of the boldest of the Sith but is capable of taking a slightly more pragmatic approach to his goals. Even so his scheming caught up with him on Corellia even so. I'd rate him fair on the list.

Nox is an unknown despite acquiring Thanaton's powerbase, hard to judge how powerful the individual was from the start of Ilum all the way to FE and getting flung into a poisoned Carbonite prison.

Add Acina, she joined late and survived the treacherous waters of power plays, raised herself to empress. Cunning, deceptive, ruthless to her enemies and useful to her allies, but as far as how good she is in a fight, that is a mystery. her powerbase grew for whatever it was to the size of the empire and kept things in check. However she wasn't as aware as she could of been regarding power plays which makes her weak to attack.

On a list:

Decimus - Killed in Action

Acina - Suicide by machine interface or Alive

Vowrawn - Alive

Nox - Missing

Marr - Assassinated

Jadus - Missing

Arho - Killed in Action

Baras - Murdered or Sacrificed

Vengean - Assassinated

Thanaton - Murdered

Hydra - Killed in Action

Acheron - Killed in Action

Unknown:

Ravage - Sacrificed or Alive

Mortis - Sacrificed or Alive

Edited by Celise

Vengean's strength compared to Baras is inconsequential, especially when it only took two of Baras' agents to Take out Vengeans forces and himself. that puts Vengean somewhere on the lower rung of the power base.

Baras was easily outwitted and defeated by his former student, so in the end he not only trained his own destruction and fall but for someone who has a network of agents and and a man who always assumed he was being plotted against, his own paranoid reactions were his own downfall, that automatically makes him weak by default.

Jadus is second only to the emperor in power, but was taken out by a non force sensitive imperial agent, that suggests his power wasn't that strong after all if he can be so easily out played at his own game. while not as weak as Baras, Jadus managed to free himself from Sith Guards and disappear. That means he is alone at last check, that puts him near the bottom in the power stakes.

Marr was a fool in the end, the man who showed greater wisdom and pragmatism than any other sith on the council, he left himself open for attack with a few Thranta Class warships and his Terminus Destroyer. his forces got hammered by the eternal fleet in no time. for a man who has such regard for those around him, he went in completely ill-prepared for what he was facing, and died like a Sith instead of protecting what was his to guard. at least he died on his feet fighting, but compared to the emperor who used one big blast to kill Marr, it was clear he wasn't that powerful in the end.

Vowrawn doesn't appear to have the strength or ability to fight his enemies in a straight duel any more, hence the Sith guards. there may have been an admittance that he is getting too old for these types of power games, however what he lacks in lightsaber skills at old age, he makes up for in his position on the council. i suspect while he might be cunning, his powerbase isn't as strong as others, however that cunning has saved his life and navigated him through the treacherous water of power games even so, so his power base may have expanded over time when other Sith see how successful he is.

Hydra and Acheron were quite weak for dark Councillors, despite Hydra's power base on Corellia, it was rather easy to dismantle her operation. Acheron was even easier to get to. so these two are right at the bottom of the power stakes.

There is not much known about Ravage or Mortis in lore, i can't tell where they are in the power stakes. i will have to put them outside that area until that is cleared up.

Thanaton is a bad example of a Sith, i wouldn't even rate him on the power stakes if i could, the fact is that he says he is a traditionalist and then bricks it when things go lopsided. His powerbase meant nothing in the end after the Challenge failed. He was murdered begging for help and deserved what he got.

Arho is very powerful for a Sith but fatally shortsighted on his goals, that made him easily predictable to his fellow Sith like Malgus and his enemies in the Republic. He was murdered anyway. Not particularly high on the list in the power stakes.

With Decimus there isn't a great deal of lore on regarding his power base, but as an indivual he clearly is one of the boldest of the Sith but is capable of taking a slightly more pragmatic approach to his goals. Even so his scheming caught up with him on Corellia even so. I'd rate him fair on the list.

Nox is an unknown despite acquiring Thanaton's powerbase, hard to judge how powerful the individual was from the start of Ilum all the way to FE and getting flung into a poisoned Carbonite prison.

Add Acina, she joined late and survived the treacherous waters of power plays, raised herself to empress. Cunning, deceptive, ruthless to her enemies and useful to her allies, but as far as how good she is in a fight, that is a mystery. her powerbase grew for whatever it was to the size of the empire and kept things in check. However she wasn't as aware as she could of been regarding power plays which makes her weak to attack.

On a list:

Decimus - Killed in Action

Acina - Suicide by machine interface or Alive

Vowrawn - Alive

Nox - Missing

Marr - Assassinated

Jadus - Missing

Arho - Killed in Action

Baras - Murdered or Sacrificed

Vengean - Assassinated

Thanaton - Murdered

Hydra - Killed in Action

Acheron - Killed in Action

Unknown:

Ravage - Sacrificed or Alive

Still Jadus had all of them in his hand no matter their power base or personal power and attributes, Jadus' intelligence surpassed them all, his only mistake was focus on how to overcome the council and underestimate the agent (or not if you choose to be his hand). Tho i think that the agent did talk him down, there was no fight. The agent said he would expose him to the galaxy so both the sith and jedis would come after jadus, he was not ready for this overkill thats why he went in exile. although, he did not only killed the agent out of respect

Quote: "Know that few criatures survive earning my hatread and my respect".

What he did was not a small feat. He was "beated" by the agent, but he also beated the Council. Put it on the scale.

Still Jadus had all of them in his hand no matter their power base or personal power and attributes, Jadus' intelligence surpassed them all, his only mistake was focus on how to overcome the council and underestimate the agent (or not if you choose to be his hand). Tho i think that the agent did talk him down, there was no fight. The agent said he would expose him to the galaxy so both the sith and jedis would come after jadus, he was not ready for this overkill thats why he went in exile. although, he did not only killed the agent out of respect

Quote: "Know that few criatures survive earning my hatread and my respect".

What he did was not a small feat. He was "beated" by the agent, but he also beated the Council. Put it on the scale.

it is unknown what his end goal is, his aims or how far his reach extends. Jadus was the most cautious of all the Sith. Only Vowrawn has avoided everything and is the only Dark council member who is left standing now that all the other game canon Sith leaders except Jadus have met their ends somewhere in the storyline. This makes Vowrawn just as cautious if not more so than Jadus.

Jadus played his hand and it was all traced back through the Eagle to Jadus in the end, his own ability to try play the game by manipulating the Sith from the outside to his desired outcome had failed. For all his intelligence and caution, he either forgot or underestimated the strength of Imperial Intelligence and especially the motivation for them to wash the egg off their face after the Dominator's destruction, damage to DK and the Eagle overriding intelligence's work by broadcasting their message in the clear.

Either way, Jadus didn't accurately assess the threat to his plans correctly, not with Intelligence, the loud mouth Eagle fellow or how easily subverted his goon squads are to take out or be controlled.

Meanwhile Vowrawn hasn't made his move and i think he is just content sitting there in the middle where it is the least hostile while he watches others rise and fall around him. That caution and life time experience has probably made him less aggressive and more open to seeking assistance during his elderly years. so he is seen less of a threat, none the less being seen as a bumbling old man is probably what he wants others to see.

Now he is Emperor of the Sith, it will be interesting to find out what he can do.. but what part will Jadus play, if any role at all?

Edited by Celise

it is unknown what his end goal is, his aims or how far his reach extends. Jadus was the most cautious of all the Sith. Only Vowrawn has avoided everything and is the only Dark council member who is left standing now that all the other game canon Sith leaders except Jadus have met their ends somewhere in the storyline. This makes Vowrawn just as cautious if not more so than Jadus.

Jadus played his hand and it was all traced back through the Eagle to Jadus in the end, his own ability to try play the game by manipulating the Sith from the outside to his desired outcome had failed. For all his intelligence and caution, he either forgot or underestimated the strength of Imperial Intelligence and especially the motivation for them to wash the egg off their face after the Dominator's destruction, damage to DK and the Eagle overriding intelligence's work by broadcasting their message in the clear.

Either way, Jadus didn't accurately assess the threat to his plans correctly, not with Intelligence, the loud mouth Eagle fellow or how easily subverted his goon squads are to take out or be controlled.

Meanwhile Vowrawn hasn't made his move and i think he is just content sitting there in the middle where it is the least hostile while he watches others rise and fall around him. That caution and life time experience has probably made him less aggressive and more open to seeking assistance during his elderly years. so he is seen less of a threat, none the less being seen as a bumbling old man is probably what he wants others to see.

Now he is Emperor of the Sith, it will be interesting to find out what he can do.. but what part will Jadus play, if any role at all?

I understand what you way and i dont think vowrawn is weak either, but i see that ppl dont understand jadus.

Jadus never liked politics, he disliked the sith politics and the inside fighting that provokes, quote: "A member of the Council is force to politick to struggle against his rivals, the wast is unimaginable." And he was the first to saw that the Empire was fealing duo to it, or at least the first that decided to do something about it (Malgus saw it after chapter4 at the battle of ilum, and Marr started to see after makeb), but he couldnt just ask nicely and politly to his fellow Council members to stop fighting one another and focus the Republic and the jedis, we are talking about siths, so he planed to overcome the Council so he could unite the Empire through fear, siths dont have loyalty they must fear you to respect you, thats the way Jadus found to unite the Empire. Now when Jadus tryed to make his move the Empire was on its peak, they just had made a deadly blow on coruscant, the Republic lost hummer station and one of their capital ships was invaded by mandalorian raiders, the Empire conquered balmorra, so when Jadus foresaw the Empire fall and needed to change ppl said he was creazy and most went against him. Was easyer for Marr, by the time Marr "took over" the Empire was broken, lost balmorra, lost corellia, the jedis killed Vitiate and many Dark lords on corellia and they still had to fought Malgus that also tryed but nobody listened.

So you see how Jadus is always ten steps ahead, he sees the possibles futures better than anyone.

Suposse Jadus return right now and want to take over the Empire, i wonder what would Vowrawn do, would he confront Jadus? Or would he submit? I think he would submit after all he is a survivor.

Isn’t Mortis one of the static deaths to revive Zildrog? Is there ever a scenario that doesn’t include him?

Next time read the replies.

There isn't another choice regarding Mortis. If you rule as emperor of the Eternal Alliance (Dark side) he won't show up. If you decide to go all peacekeeper (Light side) he will show up. it is black and white. none the less, his anonymous storyline ends there since the death choice was made.

• 1 year later...

Personally I believe Nox has the greatest personal strength and power growth potential because of the forcewalking ritual. If BioWare doesn’t overlook the very clear choice for the next ghost Nox will have the option to bind(the emperor himself when we finally kill his original body) or choose to find some stupid reason why the most powerful forcewalker of all time is incapable of binding the emperor’s ghost. Personally that is my biggest problem with the Inquisitor story they go to such great lengths to make your body and mind capable of withstanding the power and voices and then you never get to freely bind ghosts to you to augment your power. There should have been a base power increase for each ghost you find and absorb as a passive maybe and the ability to go up to any ghost you find and bind it to increase your power. Binding the emperor I get that that would be a bit much but at the same time there is no other class and no other sith that could pull that off ...a permanent end to the emperor by binding him to your will and using his power to augment your own making you strong enough to replace Acina/Vowrawn as Emperor/Empress of the Sith Empire.

Marr is probably the strongest in terms of power base

Jadus is overhyped “second in power only to the emperor “ or however that quote goes is something that applies to any dark council member it’s a statement of how much political power he has not personal strength as for his political power I can see him being quite strong due to all the secrets he must know being the head of intelligence. Outside of that I think that he’s really not all that impressive.

Personally I believe Nox has the greatest personal strength and power growth potential because of the forcewalking ritual. If BioWare doesn’t overlook the very clear choice for the next ghost Nox will have the option to bind(the emperor himself when we finally kill his original body) or choose to find some stupid reason why the most powerful forcewalker of all time is incapable of binding the emperor’s ghost. Personally that is my biggest problem with the Inquisitor story they go to such great lengths to make your body and mind capable of withstanding the power and voices and then you never get to freely bind ghosts to you to augment your power. There should have been a base power increase for each ghost you find and absorb as a passive maybe and the ability to go up to any ghost you find and bind it to increase your power. Binding the emperor I get that that would be a bit much but at the same time there is no other class and no other sith that could pull that off ...a permanent end to the emperor by binding him to your will and using his power to augment your own making you strong enough to replace Acina/Vowrawn as Emperor/Empress of the Sith Empire.

Marr is probably the strongest in terms of power base

Jadus is overhyped “second in power only to the emperor “ or however that quote goes is something that applies to any dark council member it’s a statement of how much political power he has not personal strength as for his political power I can see him being quite strong due to all the secrets he must know being the head of intelligence. Outside of that I think that he’s really not all that impressive.

Uhh, the emperor's spirit was destroyed at the end of KOTET. No binding going on there.

Would be a rather lame story move anyway, we already have enough cases of "Why didn't Nox use the ghosts to do X"

• 1 month later...

For personal power, Darth Nox would win. as a player character their story shows that while they made plenty of mistakes in their rise to power, they learned and emerged one of the most individually powerful sith lords in the empire.

Powerbase I'm not sure, but I think other sith have bigger powerbases than Nox.