Please can we have an official 7.0 release date?

UlaVii

Hi, with the holiday season fast approaching, people are booking their holidays. There's a lot of speculation about the 7.0 release date at the moment with a lot leaning towards early December. Another contender is November based on Double XP ending on the 2nd.

Please can you give us the official 7.0 release date so we can plan our holidays accordingly.

Thank you :)

1) I don't remember Bioware ever locking themselves down to a date until close to release.

In the SWTOR 6.0 announcement post from April 2019 they announced the patch would be in September 2019, a full 5 months in advance.

2) If I told my family they must put Thanksgiving off by a week because a new game expansion was coming out, I'd be disowned.

I know several people who will be planning trips to visit family during the holiday season. Right now most of them are flexible time-wise and can move things around but that gets more difficult the later it gets.

In the SWTOR 6.0 announcement post from April 2019 they announced the patch would be in September 2019, a full 5 months in advance.

I know several people who will be planning trips to visit family during the holiday season. Right now most of them are flexible time-wise and can move things around but that gets more difficult the later it gets.

Yep they did announce it early and guess what? It didn't launch in September. 6.0 dropped October 22nd. That's why they don't like announcing expansions that early. Because they'll set a target date, then push it back and everyone is pissed. "I made plans to take the whole week off... thanks bioware :mad:" so yeah just be patient

The expansion will still be there after the holidays, enjoy time with family.

Yep they did announce it early and guess what? It didn't launch in September. 6.0 dropped October 22nd. That's why they don't like announcing expansions that early. Because they'll set a target date, then push it back and everyone is pissed. "I made plans to take the whole week off... thanks bioware :mad:" so yeah just be patient
I try to avoid being negative on the forums, but this logic is very anti-consumer. All the other games I play are able to give a pretty solid estimate of when they will release the product they are hoping you will purchase. We are seemingly less than 3 months out, they should have a solid enough understanding of their own pace to help users manage their expectations. It is kinda an issue if they can’t accommodate that reasonable expectation.

Honestly I don’t play any other game that doesn’t give clear dates, especially for major releases.

I try to avoid being negative on the forums, but this logic is very anti-consumer. All the other games I play are able to give a pretty solid estimate of when they will release the product they are hoping you will purchase. We are seemingly less than 3 months out, they should have a solid enough understanding of their own pace to help users manage their expectations. It is kinda an issue if they can’t accommodate that reasonable expectation.

Honestly I don’t play any other game that doesn’t give clear dates, especially for major releases.

Clearly you don't understand the software development lifecycle. (90-90 rule anyone?). I know very few games that commit to dates months in advance for this reason.

If someone asked me to give a due date months in advance, I would laugh at them (I am a software developer for reference). If they insisted, I'd take my best guess, then double it. Most likely, this will result in the product being ready weeks or months ahead of schedule, just waiting for the big pre-scheduled release. (fortunately the company I work for knows better than to do this)

As for holidays, clearly the solution is to move to Canada. Our Thanksgiving is in October (this Monday in fact), which leaves November open for your vacation.

it's the holidays -- if they do it like they always have during a holiday drop ----

it will be as close to Dec 20 as they can get it -- because then, THEY will be on holiday till January sometime ..

and they will not have to deal with any bugs until after they come back --

IF it goes as it has in the past ... but I could be wrong, I have no advanced knowledge

it's the holidays -- if they do it like they always have during a holiday drop ----

it will be as close to Dec 20 as they can get it -- because then, THEY will be on holiday till January sometime ..

IF it goes as it has in the past ... but I could be wrong, I have no advanced knowledge

Yeah I'd rather wait until after the Holidays in this case lol. They deserve their vacation but I don't want horrible bugs for 2 weeks either.

Frankly I don't care, I'd rather they didn't tell us until late if it means releasing a more polished expansion.

Not really worried about it. Around that time I will be finishing up packing as I am moving with my mom cross county to AZ so playing around that time will probably be out of the question but it really not that important as someone else said it will still be here.

• 2 weeks later...

Late enough so that people will grumble about how long it took, and yet early enough so that there are still a host of fairly major bugs that would be hotfixed right away if the devs weren't all on vacation.

It'll probably be ready for release sometime late in March 2022. I expect they'll publish well before that though.

you realize since Shadow of Revan i think or it may have started with Kotfe but the last several expansions all actually hit about october 19th- onslaught's i think Nov 2nd or something like that launch. I would say it would be probably december but I am of the mindset it will be before the 20th probably around the 9th actually because they will want to iron out as many kinks as possible before Christmas and New Years so they can have that time with their families and just run a skeletical maintenance crew during the holidays. if they have to roll out any significant bug patches, fixes do emergency maintenances or rolling starts dec. 9th time frame actually makes a lot of sense not to mention they will be premoting book of boba fett probably with some sort of surprise at that point so they will want things running smoothly.

people are getting hung up on the exact 10th anniversary date for the release while it would be nice it is not realistic for this game especially since not many people will be playing during christmas week because of travels or having family in town so playtime gets even more condensed. It will be slightly before the actual day and they will probably do some sort of reward for the actual day of the 20th.

I have a theory on the PTS the reason why it has been a jumbled mess and we have not got to see really much of anything raid and what not may only get to see a brief version of it at all on PTS is because they are trying to refrain from spoilers of what they have planned for the rest of the yr next yr. With it being 10th anniversary they are going to keep a lot of things hush hush to surprise us with. Honestly the PTS we are seeing is just 1/20 of the actual features of launch LotS. With the next round of PTS probably being next week which i assume will probably be final round with the whole new "legendary item" system being put in place we will see pretty much all the combat styles with the new bonuses.

storyline wise i would assume they are going the route of Rise of the Hutt Cartel with probably a bit more Ossus like content so not delving into that much so it does not grant spoilers is probably going to be something they do again.

Not saying I agree with this approach as the PTS for this expansion round is almost like what is the point of the PTS at all. they have done some minor changes to it but for the most part are going about things the way the want to handle them regardless what the player base is against.

All of this is being done to actually setup 8.0 and what they can do with the future of the game. People only looking at the short term actually looking at the long term picture. Content wise probably is going to be a smaller expansion, size due to features and QoL additions will probably make it bigger than kotfe was overall size wise. They sure are not going to show us everything they have in store for us with LotS unlike they pretty much did with Onslaught other than the story. The practically had everything that was going to be in expansion on the PTS and people complained about that the entire time

My money is on 12/21/2021.

Note: that's not the date I WANT it to be released (I'd prefer either early January or late November), but that's what I'm expecting.

Then they'll go on holiday, and none of the bugs will get fixed until February or March.

Hi, with the holiday season fast approaching, people are booking their holidays. There's a lot of speculation about the 7.0 release date at the moment with a lot leaning towards early December. Another contender is November based on Double XP ending on the 2nd.

Please can you give us the official 7.0 release date so we can plan our holidays accordingly.

Thank you :)

when they get it done polished with minimal to no bugs with the new stuff at least, most important thing, . that's what you want, im really excited about this new AC Combat prowess system ,even though its nice to know exactly when a update is coming or dlc / content addition. from past experience, i have been playing since private beta, and i find it best to just not ask for a update and get it , be pleasantly surprised and enjoy, knowing when is kind of only needed to know for this if you only sub for certain months, or are going to be gone i suppose.

While this is my guess. I suspect 11/30/21 or 12/7/21 as the release date goal. This way if something goes truly wrong they have a full week or 2 to do a hotfix before they go on Holiday break.

I'd say 12/14 honestly.

Either way, I really hope they leave some time to fix bugs before going on break (unless, you know, there are actually no bugs haha).