Getting Schematics for Mk-6 Gear and Weapons Needs an Overhaul I Think

IdonRyle

Well, MK-6 Gear is rather incredible once you get it... But MAN! Does it have to be so brutal!? I've lost track on the amount of Legendary Embers I had to earn and buy just to get one, ONE MK-6 schematic-Namely the Onslaught Saber.

I get it, it's worth it, but I'm trying to get the MK-6 Onslaught saber staff. I've been at it for days now and millions of credits worth of embers are going into this.

Am I missing a trick here or is it that random? Either way, keen to hear your thoughts and solutions.

My thoughts? Way back when 6.0 dropped I did the math and saw how easy it was to get to basic 306 gear by spamming vet flashpoints and didn't bother getting to the gold tier onslaught crafted stuff.

The crafted war-forged gear have fixed stats, which makes them inferior to even the basic sha'tek gear.

Also: if you get to basic 306 iRating from fp spamming, and wear it while crafting the set bonus schematics you buy from Kai (force bound is about the only worth-while one) then you are crafting 304/306 gear right away, no reverse engineering required. Those sets are fully moddable, meaning you can rip the mods/enhancements out to put into weapons, leaving only the hilts/barrels to buy with tech frags.