Loadouts and Weapons in The Outfitter

Nalkino

So I don’t know if anyone else is having this problem or has a solution for it, but whenever I switch loadouts on my trooper that have different combat styles, the stamped weapons in the outfits are reset when I switch back. So i have to restamp weapons over again. For instance, I have all my outfits slot in my vanguard load out (blaster rifles) stamped and when I switch to my pyro load ( blasters pistol), so I have to restamp all the blaster pistols in that load out, switch back to my vanguard and restamp all the rifles in that. I don’t know if that makes sense but it’s weird.

You can only stamp one weapon per outfit, and the weapon must match what your current style can wield. If your two combat styles do not share weapons, and you want to use all your outfits, this means you would need duplicate outfits and stamp weapons for each style. (Or assign some outfits for blaster rifle and some for pistol, or just live with whatever weapon you actually have equipped.)

I use different outfits for different specs on most of my toons, so it doesn't bother me, but it has been a major complaint.

There's unfortunately no fix. You could double up all your outfits, but that effectively cuts your outifts in half. Or you'll have to get used to using your actually equipped weapon on specific combat style/outfit combinations. Really hoping for an additional feature to have weapons stamped for both combat styles on every outfit.

So I don’t know if anyone else is having this problem or has a solution for it, but whenever I switch loadouts on my trooper that have different combat styles, the stamped weapons in the outfits are reset when I switch back. So i have to restamp weapons over again. For instance, I have all my outfits slot in my vanguard load out (blaster rifles) stamped and when I switch to my pyro load ( blasters pistol), so I have to restamp all the blaster pistols in that load out, switch back to my vanguard and restamp all the rifles in that. I don’t know if that makes sense but it’s weird.

Already said I think - I just unlocked more slots & made new outfits with the other class skill's weapon option in them. It's all you can do. I don't think it's a major issue. The only issue I'd like them to focus on (in relation to loadouts) is having and separate tab for gear as switching loadouts still doesn't place all my characters unused gear in the right place in my inventory. A separate gear tab would solve that.

Already said I think - I just unlocked more slots

Unfortunately that's not a solution at all since your outfit-slots are limited. I'm at max with moste characters and can't add new ones.

I don't think it's a major issue..

I think it is. It's the one major issue with the weapons outfitter.

With that fixed the outfitter would be fine, but in this state it's a broken mess (unless your combatstyles use the seam weapon)

The only issue I'd like them to focus on (in relation to loadouts) is having and separate tab for gear as switching loadouts still doesn't place all my characters unused gear in the right place in my inventory. A separate gear tab would solve that.

While I'd like to see that too, it's completely off-topic here. This has nothing to do with the Outfitter. Please don't hijack the thread.

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord

I think it is. It's the one major issue with the weapons outfitter.

No. The one major issue is that the weapon slot is *in* the outfit slot. It should be a separate slot that could be selected separately. That would resolve your problem by eliminating it because each of the two loadouts would use its own weapon-look slot.

And it would solve *my* problem with the weapons-in-outfitter thing, which is that for *me* (I'm not the only one, by the way), my characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

No. The one major issue is that the weapon slot is *in* the outfit slot. It should be a separate slot that could be selected separately. That would resolve your problem by eliminating it because each of the two loadouts would use its own weapon-look slot.

And it would solve *my* problem with the weapons-in-outfitter thing, which is that for *me* (I'm not the only one, by the way), my characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

this was suggested on the PTS in 6.0 and in 7.0. A few people understood the limitations of attaching weapons directly to the outfit slot instead of separating the weapon designer from the outfit designer and having the freedom to mix and match those independently to a loadout.

I ended up just having to make copies of multiple outfits I enjoyed and linking different weapons to each copy. Still irritates me because I have 50+ characters now and have only copied one primary outfit so I can't really page through outfits I have developed for each character freely anymore without the weapon defaulting.

Edited by illgot

this was suggested on the PTS in 6.0 and in 7.0. A few people understood the limitations of attaching weapons directly to the outfit slot instead of separating the weapon designer from the outfit designer and having the freedom to mix and match those independently to a loadout.

I know. I've been banging on about this point ever since Outfit Designer was first announced (EDIT: (1)) and people started saying that weapons should be *in* Outfit Designer. Apparently my words have been worth exactly nothing in this regard.

EDIT: forgot to add the footnote...

(1) It was announced in the run-up to patch 3.2. Um. Somewhere in or just before April 2015, prior to the release of 3.2 on 28 April 2015, so I've been banging on about this for seven GDMF years now. https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4282015/game-update-3.2-rise-emperor

Edited by SteveTheCynic

What has been irritating me recently is the giant warning plastered over the outfit designer every time I try to browse outfits. I KNOW I don't have a weapon equipped. I understand I won't be able to see weapon stamps if I don't have a weapon equipped. I don't have any weapons stamped, so really, it's not an issue! Isn't the warning in the empty weapon slot enough? Did they really need to stick a big, slow fading warning right over the outfits I'm trying to look at? If there is an option to turn that off, I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me where.

(Though it is rather amusing that there is now always a red hand over my character's crotch. Really well thought-out design there :rolleyes: )

Edited by Damask_Rose

Unfortunately that's not a solution at all since your outfit-slots are limited. I'm at max with moste characters and can't add new ones.

Understanding the limitations of the current system and the number of available outfit slots... If you like to change your look that often, you can always just make 1, 2, or even half of them for one combat style and the rest for the other. And the worst case scenario is that you pay to change the weapons from time to time if you need a certain look available for both styles.

It's not ideal, but this isn't a suggestion thread in the suggestion forum, so whatever we say here is unlikely to bring about change.

Edited by BRKMSN

Understanding the limitations of the current system and the number of available outfit slots... If you like to change your look that often, you can always just make 1, 2, or even half of them for one combat style and the rest for the other. And the worst case scenario is that you pay to change the weapons from time to time if you need a certain look available for both styles.

It's not ideal, but this isn't a suggestion thread in the suggestion forum, so whatever we say here is unlikely to bring about change.

It's been said in the PTS section. They just didn't listen, just like all PTS feedback for 7.0.

This current weapon in outfitter issue may not be game breaking, but it's exactly what Bioware does for all their problems: throwing out a half-*** patch and call it a "fix" so that when people are not happy about the sorry excuse of "fixes" they can say "see, you can never please the winners".

It's their attitude to the gear system. It's their attitude to the game "balance". It's their attitude to weapon in outfitter.

But hey, I'm just here to get my GS cc, I'll **** off again in a few days.

It's been said in the PTS section. They just didn't listen, just like all PTS feedback for 7.0.

This current weapon in outfitter issue may not be game breaking, but it's exactly what Bioware does for all their problems: throwing out a half-*** patch and call it a "fix" so that when people are not happy about the sorry excuse of "fixes" they can say "see, you can never please the winners".

It's their attitude to the gear system. It's their attitude to the game "balance". It's their attitude to weapon in outfitter.

But hey, I'm just here to get my GS cc, I'll **** off again in a few days.

I don't know what all is on their plate and how much manpower they have to get changes out, but I do know that things progress very slowly these days. When they put something on the PTS for testing, they make a feedback thread. I'm sure they read that thread. Some suggestions will simply be future considerations because trying to implement them may not be a simple task and would further delay a scheduled release and require another testing phase that would surely have more feedback.

My point is: Just because they don't react immediately to feedback does not mean they aren't listening or even considering our opinions / suggestions. We just might have to wait a lot longer than we want.

When they put something on the PTS for testing, they make a feedback thread. I'm sure they read that thread.

I'm sure that lots of people here on the forums have little or no reason to believe that BioWare reads the feedback threads, or at least that they do more than laugh uproariously at us for believing that it will make a difference.

Some suggestions will simply be future considerations because trying to implement them may not be a simple task and would further delay a scheduled release and require another testing phase that would surely have more feedback.

Ultimately, you've touched on the edges of (what I see as) the real problem with the PTS here.

Specifically, it seems to me like they ship (to PTS) something that, despite its somewhat unfinished graphical elements, is, from a functional point of view, 99% complete, and the remaining 1% is no more than tweaking numbers. In the context of Weapons in (spit) Outfitter, that means that once it's on PTS, it's not going to change *at* *all*.

I don't know what all is on their plate and how much manpower they have to get changes out, but I do know that things progress very slowly these days. When they put something on the PTS for testing, they make a feedback thread. I'm sure they read that thread. Some suggestions will simply be future considerations because trying to implement them may not be a simple task and would further delay a scheduled release and require another testing phase that would surely have more feedback.

My point is: Just because they don't react immediately to feedback does not mean they aren't listening or even considering our opinions / suggestions. We just might have to wait a lot longer than we want.

What's worse to me is not doing things slow. It's how they dished out a half-assed disgrace, called it a "fix", and cross the problem off their list because in their mind, that's a complete "fix". The weapons in outfitter will remain as it is now because it's "fixed". Never mind the inconvenience because it's not "game breaking".

It's like you bought a car, the car came in with many broken parts. You returned the car to the company and 3 months later, the car was returned to you all ducktapped up. But nope, the company won't do anything further because they've already fixed your car - it can drive, what else are you asking for?