Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

Ok seriously is this still glitches or what? The enemies before the final boss two of them are glitched. I think same for final boss. No matter what I do or who I target I can't get past the second wave at all.

Trying to get answers of what gear rating is best to run it.

I'm at my wits end and tired of not finishing this fp. Its virtually unbeatable on solo story mode. I'm currently dps jedi knight and rass ordo sucks as. Even the koto stations suck.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could just be you're bad at your class/spec.

It wasn't hard, and isn't hard. The FP just isn't your typical use some AOEs on standard difficulty mobs, watch a boss fight instead of beating one, watch a cutscene and how pretty you dressed up your character.

SWTOR's gameplay has been dumbed down ever since 4.0 for its solo and story aspects, such that players never learn their class the way that was necessary from 1.0-3.x, on at least a basic level.

Do I think it's fair on BW's part to spring this on players out of nowhere? Not really. But the idea that the FP is hard in solo mode is absurd, and BW should continue to try to increase the difficulty of solo content back to what it used to be before 4.0.

And it also could be you're just not aware that the patch BW deployed on December 15th addressing many of the issues they openly acknowledged didn't apply to each character.

The more you know!

<<sips martini>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

P.S. I've completed both versions successfully.

Edited by Jdast

And it also could be you're just not aware that the patch BW deployed on December 15th addressing many of the issues they openly acknowledged didn't apply to each character.

The more you know!

<<sips martini>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

P.S. I've completed both versions successfully.

Many players, including me, didn't have any problems on the first day of 6.2 completing it. The subsequent patch has addressed problems in the FP, and I don't doubt there are still bugs to fix, but the basic complaint that it's too hard or "impossible" is not the case.

Edited by arunav

Many players, including me, didn't have any problems on the first day of 6.2 completing it. The subsequent patch has addressed problems in the FP, and I don't doubt there are still bugs to fix, but the basic complaint that it's too hard or "impossible" is not the case.

That is flat out 100% incorrect and you are spewing misinformation about the patch (6.2a on 12/15). The patch didn't apply properly to each character. How do I know? Because I tested it.

I too completed the FP on the first day. I have also completed it several times since the patch. To date, the only tested theory which accounts for variation b/t characters is -- the patch only deployed correctly to characters who had been in the FP previously.

I'll let readers decide for themselves who is providing better information, but from my vantage point: You are disseminating information when you are not in full possession of the facts. In contrast, I have tested it on multiple characters both pre and post-patch. And while I completed both versions post-patch 6.2a, the difference b/t the two (patched correctly vs. patched incorrectly) is very, very noticeable.

Personally, before commenting authoritatively on a subject, much less before playing the L2P card, I try to at least give forum-goers the courtesy and respect of first reading BW's responses.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Alright, I'll bite.

I returned yesterday after a ... year off, probably. Did the Spirit of Vengeance today in my mostly 270 gear but with a few still 252 items on my jedi knight.

She is, however, a guardian tank, so I'd advise trying that if you haven't yet.

Also, this FP in solo story mode is terribly balanced, as I had more issues with the groups of trash mobs than any boss. I haven't used a kolto station or medpack.

I would also like to add that I have the prettiest geared jedi guardian tank because I like my cutscenes.

Ok seriously is this still glitches or what? The enemies before the final boss two of them are glitched. I think same for final boss. No matter what I do or who I target I can't get past the second wave at all.

Trying to get answers of what gear rating is best to run it.

I'm at my wits end and tired of not finishing this fp. Its virtually unbeatable on solo story mode. I'm currently dps jedi knight and rass ordo sucks as. Even the koto stations suck.

Aside from the stupid bugs being a royal pain in the ... behind ... the snipers are the ones you're talking about ?? Right ?

*** Make sure you're well geared (304 at least).

*** Save heroic moment for the second wave and use it as soon as the snipers appear.

*** Get to the snipers ASAP ! Hit them as fast as you can! Interrupt / stun whenever possible.

*** And of course use the kolto stations as needed.

The final boss is not that hard ... Just don't stand still in one place very long !! Keep moving! That seemed to help me out a lot !

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or not ! Hope it helps !

A few additional elements that could help you:

- Patch 6.2a didn't correct the issue with Rass Ordo's influence level. It is supposed to be 25 but it is still 1 except for the characters that made a first attempt at the FP before the roll out of this patch. The difference is huge. Rass is mostly ineffective in this FP that was designed to be played with a level ~25 companion.

- This being said, I managed to play the ZL with 3 characters: a Jedi Guardian (focus), a Sith Juggernaut (vengeance) and a Jedi Shadow (infiltration). Their average equipment level ranged from 270 to 278. 278 made it of course easier. In all cases Rass Ordo had influence level 1.

- The key during the last boss fight is to kill the adds as soon as they pop up, starting with the healers (I think there are 2 healers in each wave of mobs). The second wave of adds consists of a pack at the room entrance and 2 snipers in the corners of the fight zone. Start with the pack (kill the healers first) and ignore the snipers until you've wiped out the other mobs. You better spend your heroic moment abilities on this pack rather than on the boss. (I realize that my recommendation about getting rid of the pack before killing the snipers is contradictory to OlBuzzard's advice. All I can say is that my attempts at killing the snipers first always failed.)

- You'll have to use the kolto stations, so know where they are and monitor your and your companion's health level permanently, especially during these two waves of adds.

- Use your fighting and defensive abilities as optimally as possible. I'm not an endgame player so I don't have optimal rotations, but I use my abilities in quite an effective way anyway (check for class guides on the internet. They'll also help you select the right skills in your skill tree).

- In any case it took me always 75 to 90 minutes to complete the FP (more because of the zillion trash mobs than because of the bosses).

Good luck! And let's hope they'll solve the Rass Ordo level bug soon, because completing this ZL is a real pain in the a** as it is right now.

Edited by snordoc

It could just be you're bad at your class/spec.

It wasn't hard, and isn't hard. The FP just isn't your typical use some AOEs on standard difficulty mobs, watch a boss fight instead of beating one, watch a cutscene and how pretty you dressed up your character.

SWTOR's gameplay has been dumbed down ever since 4.0 for its solo and story aspects, such that players never learn their class the way that was necessary from 1.0-3.x, on at least a basic level.

Do I think it's fair on BW's part to spring this on players out of nowhere? Not really. But the idea that the FP is hard in solo mode is absurd, and BW should continue to try to increase the difficulty of solo content back to what it used to be before 4.0, particularly for boss encounters.

How arrogant to make your experience the lowest common denominator. The fact that you could beat it easily doesn't make it easy objectively. I found most of it tedious myself and completed it without dying but I could definitely notice an uptick in difficulty compared to other FPs and so my conclusion was that many players would struggle with this. So why do you call it absurd to say that it's hard? You know, or should know, that not all players have the same skill level and/or are geared equally.

And there are definitely issues that make it harder than it should be. I went in with my healer for example and the companion set to DPS. I found most of the FP tedious and during the last boss fight, I struggled with the second wave of adds. Why? Because my dumb DPS companion kept targeting the boss that wasn't there during that phase and my heals kept pulling aggro because my dumb DPS companion wasn't doing anything. So I had to solo the adds with my healer for the first half of the fight and then make my DPS companion attack an add (while still healing myself and pulling aggro) and after he killed that add, I had to manually make him attack the next add. So that's a problem as it is. Also the forced companion is a stupid idea that they did in Copero as well.

Now having said that, I probably would've had a much easier time if I'd gone through it with a DPS and the companion set to heal, but that's a problem because it should be a roughly similar experience depending on which role you prefer.

So in case of a DPS alt, I would probably concur it would've been easy FOR ME. But I'm not too blind to realise that "hard" means very different things to different people and as such it's not absurd.

And you know, the problem I see is that if they dumbed things down (and they did) then why not across the board? I feel that if they wanted to introduce a Solo/Story Mode then it should be of comparable difficulty to achieve the purpose of making it easy for people to playthrough and enjoy the story because it's a story FP. In fact I disagree with them making FPs part of any main story line to begin with because it creates problems like this. There is this dual purpose they're trying to fill.

This is just bad work from BW. There are plenty of examples where they haven't balanced the various difficulties properly. And this is just another one. If it's supposed to be harder, don't do that in the Story Mode FP. That exists so that as many players can pass through it while enjoying the story. If they changed that purpose then they should not call it Story/Solo mode.

This is just bad work from BW. There are plenty of examples where they haven't balanced the various difficulties properly. And this is just another one. If it's supposed to be harder, don't do that in the Story Mode FP. That exists so that as many players can pass through it while enjoying the story. If they changed that purpose then they should not call it Story/Solo mode.

Agreed with the above. What happened to that tank/healer droid that would pop in to help you out with them anyway? Then it wouldn't matter your new temporary (?) companion is only level 1 (he was in my version).

My guardian died a few times, which is highly unusual for me in story modes.

Agreed with the above. What happened to that tank/healer droid that would pop in to help you out with them anyway? Then it wouldn't matter your new temporary (?) companion is only level 1 (he was in my version).

My guardian died a few times, which is highly unusual for me in story modes.

They stopped providing the Combat Support Droid probably with the traitor storyline, Crisis on Umbara being the first FP without it.

A few additional elements that could help you:

- Patch 6.2a didn't correct the issue with Rass Ordo's influence level. It is supposed to be 25 but it is still 1 except for the characters that made a first attempt at the FP before the roll out of this patch. The difference is huge. Rass is mostly ineffective in this FP that was designed to be played with a level ~25 companion.

- This being said, I managed to play the ZL with 3 characters: a Jedi Guardian (focus), a Sith Juggernaut (vengeance) and a Jedi Shadow (infiltration). Their average equipment level ranged from 270 to 278. 278 made it of course easier. In all cases Rass Ordo had influence level 1.

- The key during the last boss fight is to kill the adds as soon as they pop up, starting with the healers (I think there are 2 healers in each wave of mobs). The second wave of adds consists of a pack at the room entrance and 2 snipers in the corners of the fight zone. Start with the pack (kill the healers first) and ignore the snipers until you've wiped out the other mobs. You better spend your heroic moment abilities on this pack rather than on the boss. (I realize that my recommendation about getting rid of the pack before killing the snipers is contradictory to OlBuzzard's advice. All I can say is that my attempts at killing the snipers first always failed.)

- You'll have to use the kolto stations, so know where they are and monitor your and your companion's health level permanently, especially during these two waves of adds.

- Use your fighting and defensive abilities as optimally as possible. I'm not an endgame player so I don't have optimal rotations, but I use my abilities in quite an effective way anyway (check for class guides on the internet. They'll also help you select the right skills in your skill tree).

- In any case it took me always 75 to 90 minutes to complete the FP (more because of the zillion trash mobs than because of the bosses).

Good luck! And let's hope they'll solve the Rass Ordo level bug soon, because completing this ZL is a real pain in the a** as it is right now.

Agreed ... for the most part ! Interesting though about the pack! It could be how the pack spawned. There were some commandos in the middle of mine ... but the snipers took me out first! ( I looked at the damage report ).

In any case there is one constant that IMO has a lot to do with this ... the companion is still stuck on level 1.

There are several game breaking bugs in this FP.

Someone needs to simply FIX THE STUPID BUGS (***)

(***) Please note ... I went out of my way to be VERY polite !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Yes, very polite, it's too early in the year to let the bad words out...lol

But I agree 100%, the bugs do need to be fixed. I want to go through the fp, and get the achievements, etc. But as it stands it just seems like a huge slog. Bring back Gesus Bot for solo, I miss his company ;)

If the dev team is trying to get players to complete the FP without the "extra" bot .. that's fine! BUT they need to FIX THE STUPID BUGS !!.

Please also note the following:

*** You can count on one hand the number of companions that I have at level 50 !! :eek:

*** Level 25 for the companion we have to use is fine IF IT ACTUALLY WORKED !!!

*** The story ... all of the other work that was done is well done. But to be perfectly honest all of that hard work is so overshadowed by BUGS until all of the rest is lost !!

They stopped providing the Combat Support Droid probably with the traitor storyline, Crisis on Umbara being the first FP without it.

That's correct, and the "probably" isn't necessary - that's definitely when it happened. I remember that that decision generated some ... adverse comment, let's say, at the time.