Female PB Gunslinger.

DarkRavenUK

Hello,

I’ve created a Dark Side species for the Light side. I don’t want to offend or upset anyone. Some rude male trooper hit me while I was checking out my map. Would it just be easier to change my species to another female one at the Customization point?

Thanks! :confused:

Hello,

I’ve created a Dark Side species for the Light side. I don’t want to offend or upset anyone. Some rude male trooper hit me while I was checking out my map. Would it just be easier to change my species to another female one at the Customization point?

Thanks! :confused:

Choose however you like.

Create whatever type of character/species combo that YOU like.

Don't ever let ANYONE (other than BioWare) dictate how YOU want to play.

And certainly don't ever let "rude" players (probably some RP'er btw) dissuade you from YOUR choices.

Unless they wanna pay your sub? ;)

p.s. /addignore = most powerful weapon in the game :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder

What Nee-Elder said. Additionally, it is likely that some player character attacked you because you were in a PvP instance. When a character is in a PvP instance, it implies that that character is ready and available for unannounced, non-consensual PvP. Anybody can attack and such an attack is not rude or illegitimate.

If you're not sure what PvE and PvP instances are, how to check what your current instance is, how to change it and so on, please respond accordingly here so you can get that information.

To repeat what Nee-Elder said: There is no right or wrong species for any class. You create the character that you want, name it what you want (just don't use offensive or bigoted words), dress it the way you want and play it the way you want. You should not have to stand bad behavior from others. If anybody bullies you or harasses you:

- Put them on ignore; this will show their legacy name in chat

- Take a screen shot showing the chat window and what that character typed and their legacy name

- send it to Bioware with the screen shot and your character's details and the time of the incident

This, being Star Wars, is supposed to be a nice and family-friendly environment (in game and on forums). Like with any large group of people, these communities also have some bad apples. But most people are neutral to friendly.

If you're a new player, post your questions in that forum for advice and help; it is not like there is a limit on the number of questions, clarifications, or follow-up you can ask.

I hope you enjoy the game. It has a lot of content and I play and enjoy it regularly even after all these years.

Edited by mike_carton