Skip shadow of revan, what rewards do I miss out on?

LordMalekai

If I skip shadow of revan (cause I want to get to max lvl asap) I can't go back right? do I lose out on rewards like titles that are unavailable to my character now?

There is absolutely no relationship between skipping SoR and the speed at which you get to max level.

None.

Level Sync makes sure you still get XP for the missions and the foes just the same as if you were at exactly the "right" level for it.

But that's right, you can't go back. Well, not on that character, anyway. You also miss out (if you haven't already played through SoR and Rise of the Emperor (Ziost) on another character) on background information about what everyone's bickering incessantly about during KotFE.

There is absolutely no relationship between skipping SoR and the speed at which you get to max level.

None.

Level Sync makes sure you still get XP for the missions and the foes just the same as if you were at exactly the "right" level for it.

But that's right, you can't go back. Well, not on that character, anyway. You also miss out (if you haven't already played through SoR and Rise of the Emperor (Ziost) on another character) on background information about what everyone's bickering incessantly about during KotFE.

Thanks for your reply. Do I miss out on things unattainable though like titles? (like boosted characters can't get the Darth title-)

If I skip shadow of revan (cause I want to get to max lvl asap) I can't go back right? do I lose out on rewards like titles that are unavailable to my character now?

Yes, SoR is like most of the story: skippable, but with losses and no option to retry later.

Notably a title tailored to your class that can be obtanied only thgough Shadow of Revan (Jedi Knight gets Jedi Battlemaster, Sith Warrior gets Empire's Wrath, and so on) and the last class mission in the game.

Plus, two pirate-like armor sets and main-offhand combos, all moddable. Not as important, unless you like the pirate-y looks of it, but still worth noting. :o

That said, you can get to top level regardless of where in the story you happen to be. I happened to reach 75 on Tatooine on my latest Sniper. ;)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Yes, you miss out on a class mission on RIshi and a new class title at the end of Yavin.

Damn that is unfortunate, I wish I knew about that sooner - or at least make it playable again - if Ilum and Makeb are doable after Knights they should make revan as well.

That said, you can get to top level regardless of where in the story you happen to be. I happened to reach 75 on Tatooine on my latest Sniper. ;)

You can get to 75 doing GSF matches and theoretically never leave your starting planet, train an ability you don't get automatically granted, or upgrade your gear. Though it is useful if you can pick up the Intro to Conquest and Intro to Starfighter missions once you are level 10 from the fleet. And for sure it goes faster if you have the XP Victorious Pioneer armor and the GSF XP perks.

Damn that is unfortunate, I wish I knew about that sooner - or at least make it playable again - if Ilum and Makeb are doable after Knights they should make revan as well.

Probably not going to happen since

Revan's story in SoR is so intimately linked with Ziost/KOTFE/KOTET/Echoes of Oblivion, unlike Makeb

Edited by phalczen

You can get to 75 doing GSF matches and theoretically never leave your starting planet, train an ability you don't get automatically granted, or upgrade your gear. Though it is useful if you can pick up the Intro to Conquest and Intro to Starfighter missions once you are level 10 from the fleet. And for sure it goes faster if you have the XP Victorious Pioneer armor and the GSF XP perks.

[...]

True, but I meant that you can get to 75 by playing the story and not skipping anything reasonably fast. Since OP mentioned wanting to reach top lvl fast, I thought I'd mention that playing through the story is still a reasonably fast way to achieve that objective while not grinding. :)

Probably not going to happen since

Revan's story in SoR is so intimately linked with Ziost/KOTFE/KOTET/Echoes of Oblivion, unlike Makeb

Can you do Oricon after Kofte?