Companion phrases indicate crit chance

Craydingus

I overheard discussion in trade chat that the phrases your companion says when you send them to craft a schematic indicate how likely the are to crit. One example that got brought up was, when Niko Okarr says "I'm your man" upon being commanded to craft, he's at his highest crit chance. Is there any truth to this theory/does anyone have resources to provide insights on this for other companions?

I overheard discussion in trade chat that the phrases your companion says when you send them to craft a schematic indicate how likely the are to crit. One example that got brought up was, when Niko Okarr says "I'm your man" upon being commanded to craft, he's at his highest crit chance. Is there any truth to this theory/does anyone have resources to provide insights on this for other companions?

The short answer is, "No." Nico says that phrase for me even when he's far from rank 50(1)(2), for example.

The thing they say when they come back from a crew skill mission, *or* if they crit on the last item in a crafting series, can indicate critical success - M1-4X, for example, says "I have achieved *incredible* results" on a crit, but not on an ordinary success.

(1) I have *never* ranked Nico up to 50 on any character.

(2) A companion's crit chance is made up of any static bonuses from perks in the Legacy panel plus any static bonuses from e.g. guild perks, plus a component that depends on your companion's Influence rank, all modifying a base figure of +5%. The +Crit crew skill amplifiers appear to be bugged, and don't give bonuses at all.

Yes, the companions say something different when they are finished with the crew skill task (either crafting something or returning from a gathering mission), and they got a critical outcome. But what they bark when you send them off on the task, at the beginning, doesn't seem to correlate with outcome.