Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

The latest update fixed it for me. Everything is still hard as before, but I always managed to reach the end. Now the Second Wave of the Final Boss doesn't autokill me. Some people might complain it's too easy now, but I don't care. This is for Story play. It retains its difficulty for Veteran and Master play.

I did take the bother to get all my gear to 280. It made a difference in the play through. The specific hard rooms are still hard and watch out for aggro, but now neither my character nor my Companion were near death after every fight as they used to be. Definitely kill the healers first whenever they appear.

Glad to hear that you made it through.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all who have finally beat SoV! I wish I could be part of that group, but sadly I have been trying since the FP came out to beat it on my Smuggler (single shooter). I have worked hard to get all my gear up to 280 and I can get to the last boss, but get my backside handed to me due to all the ads. There have been some great folks in-game who have given advise and even offered to help me, but they can't join in because I never have completed it. I will continue to try to beat it because I really want to advance the story line. If anyone has any ideas on how I might complete this FP I would greatly be appreciated.

Congrats to all who have finally beat SoV! I wish I could be part of that group, but sadly I have been trying since the FP came out to beat it on my Smuggler (single shooter). I have worked hard to get all my gear up to 280 and I can get to the last boss, but get my backside handed to me due to all the ads. There have been some great folks in-game who have given advise and even offered to help me, but they can't join in because I never have completed it. I will continue to try to beat it because I really want to advance the story line. If anyone has any ideas on how I might complete this FP I would greatly be appreciated.

Did you mean Sharpshooter Discipline? What tactical(s) are you using? What are your Combat Proficiencies? Is there a rotation / priority you employ to sequence your attacking abilities?

Edited by mike_carton

I believe I mentioned this earlier but I'm not going to go digging for that old post, if it even exists outside my head. My best advice (apart from analyzing your tacticals, augmenting - I mean it sucks but you CAN remove augs to put in better gear later - and further looking into your build / class abilities) is, on that last fight... Kite The Adds! There is plenty of space in that room and some handily placed crates, etc. to hide behind. LOS is your friend there and it enables you to pick those nasties off one or two at a time. That, and hitting your heroic moment / unity as soon as they spawn. The second group, for sure, but use it on the first group if you need to. You surely already know that the healers need to go down first.

I only got through it on my (at the time) under-geared and quite squishy scoundrel by kiting like my virtual life depended on it. And it's a strategy I have repeated on other less-than-bulky characters like my sage and maurauder. Believe me, I understand your frustration and if there were any way you could do the solo-story flashpoint NOT solo I'd be happy to tag along on any class you chose. You can do this though. Don't give up.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an update. After using my highest geared character to farm some gear, abuse the legacy bank, a trip or two to the Imperial fleet to get some barrel mods, loaded my BH with 294-298 PURPLE gear and mods to get her to IR to 295, annoyingly doing the solo-story from the start. I kicked Heta Kol's *** after stabbing my BH with a load of defence stims.

Suffice to say, I finally beat her. SoV is my least favourite FP.

It's one of my least favorite fps too. You can't stealth through it, because every mob group has someone with stealth detection, so no advantage froma stealtehr class here. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of the Mandalorian storyline, although I do like Shae and of course want her to succeed.

SoV is really more a long chore than a nice fp storywise.

I tried this solo story mode fp the other day and only made it to the room full of silvers on the second ship. Went in and 3/4 of the room aggro'd and everyone was on my companion it was like they just ignored me. No idea how to get past since i cant stealth past. Im a jedi shadow infiltration with an ilvl 288. I dont generally do fp's to begin with unless they are part of the story and can do them solo (or any other kind of group content). Any idea how to get just a few silvers in the room to come play instead of majority of the dumb room?

Approach it carefully instead of running into the room. Attack one enemy which will cause that group to come into the previous room (where you will be); fight them there.

You only need fight 2 groups in that room; one at the entrance and the other at the entrance to the next area.

The trick is to take it slow and easy; to engage one group at a time.

Approach it carefully instead of running into the room. Attack one enemy which will cause that group to come into the previous room (where you will be); fight them there.

You only need fight 2 groups in that room; one at the entrance and the other at the entrance to the next area.

The trick is to take it slow and easy; to engage one group at a time.

Thanks for the reply. Being able to stealth and the ease of past fp's probably lead to overconfidence. I'll give it a shot at a steady pace.

Thanks for the reply. Being able to stealth and the ease of past fp's probably lead to overconfidence. I'll give it a shot at a steady pace.

Yeah, sadly you can't stealth through most groups, so be really careful to just aggro one group after another. That was, what I meant with SoV is more a long chore than a nice fp.

Edited by Fylimar

Since SoV has a few trash mobs that have stealth detection some of the rooms are actually more dangerous if you try to stealth through them.

Not sure right now on which ship it is, (probably exactly where you ran into trouble) but there is one particular room where if you stealth through, you aggro the groups on the sides of the room that wouldn't care about you at all if you killed their colleagues in the middle of the room and then walk by in plain sight. Often happens in groups too, the way in the middle already is cleared and assassins or operatives return to stealth and suddenly the side of the rooms attack.

Whenever there appears some sort of orange glowing recticule/radar circle thing around your character while running around invisible you are about to be revealed to a bunch of angry NPCs.

Since SoV has a few trash mobs that have stealth detection some of the rooms are actually more dangerous if you try to stealth through them.

Not sure right now on which ship it is, (probably exactly where you ran into trouble) but there is one particular room where if you stealth through, you aggro the groups on the sides of the room that wouldn't care about you at all if you killed their colleagues in the middle of the room and then walk by in plain sight. Often happens in groups too, the way in the middle already is cleared and assassins or operatives return to stealth and suddenly the side of the rooms attack.

Whenever there appears some sort of orange glowing recticule/radar circle thing around your character while running around invisible you are about to be revealed to a bunch of angry NPCs.

The infamous room after the kitchen. Even without stealth you definitely do not want to attract aggro. Jedi and Sith Warrior players must be very careful not to Jump, or at the very least be absolutely sure where you will Jump to.