Secondary Hook System

Mystic_Chaos

Not sure if it's been suggested. If a large decoration could have it's own hook system. Example, Double Wall Section (Vaiken Spacedock) is a large blank wall. Having a small or medium hook attached to that deco will allow for customization. Same for the large floor or ceiling sections introduced.

./signed!

I think all hooks should have smaller hooks within them. This would also allow for more combination decos.

Another example are starship hooks that are downgraded into smaller layouts (like the rishi beach starship hook being converted into large/medium ring, centerpiece cross a and centerpiece cross b)- please add smaller hooks within the hooks of these configurations.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Not sure if it's been suggested. If a large decoration could have it's own hook system. Example, Double Wall Section (Vaiken Spacedock) is a large blank wall. Having a small or medium hook attached to that deco will allow for customization. Same for the large floor or ceiling sections introduced.

YES PLEASE! I would love this!

This is a great idea. I'm decorating my Fleet penthouse and it feels strange that I can't put anything on the walls I added, or add a light over the doors I placed when I can do it on the doors that are part of the basic design. It feels like something is missing. And some deco needs to have at least a hook added to them, like the Nalargon, it's such a cool deco but it looks pretty dumb when you try to add someone playing it and their feets are missing :eek:

I wanted to buy the Mek-Sha concert stage but since you can't put people on it then it's not worth the price I would need to pay.

• 3 weeks later...
I have always said do away with the hook system completely. I guess I was used to decorating from SWG as we didn't use the hook system and had freedom to decorate. I remember actually making a fish tank and showers as I could take a fountain and turn it upside down and we had a shower.

I have always said do away with the hook system completely. I guess I was used to decorating from SWG as we didn't use the hook system and had freedom to decorate. I remember actually making a fish tank and showers as I could take a fountain and turn it upside down and we had a shower.

+1 from me for no more hooks, using free placement instead, as found also in ESO and Runes of Magic (and, if memory serves, ArcheAge). It would put an end to the otherwise interminable cries for "more hooks" or "bigger displacements on hooks" or "more subhooks" (as in this thread).

OK, maybe not "more hooks", but it would become "let us put as many decorations as we want, now that placements don't count for the Conquest bonus", which is a mostly reasonable request. (There are some potential issues about the *number* of decorations and the storage they take up, but...)

One last thing, that's kinda implied in what casirabit says: it should be possible, under such a system, to do what you can do in ESO, and place decorations (e.g. books, knives and forks, chests, mini statues, plates and bowls, stuff like that, but also e.g. houseguest or vendor NPCs) on top of other decorations (especially tables, bookshelves and beds).