Be nice to do OFFLINE Guild invites, so players could accept when they ONLINE.

Strathkin

I respectfully disagree.

Unfortunately there are some online guild players who already spam invites like crazy. Creating offline invites will flood toon mailboxes with...spam.

What I wouldn't mind is a more centralized approach - like a phone directory where guilds could advertise themselves and players could better match to guilds compatible with their playstyles and interests.

What I wouldn't mind is a more centralized approach - like a phone directory where guilds could advertise themselves and players could better match to guilds compatible with their playstyles and interests.

I agree with offline invites leading to spam, but while I like the idea of a guild directory, I can also see a flaw in it. There would need to be some way to, for lack of a better term, 'rate' guilds and 'review' them to ensure that they're advertising themselves honestly. I apologise to any honest guild I've offended, but there are those out there that would advertise themselves as 'Roleplaying' and the most they'd actually do is have Bounty Hunters dress like Boba Fett and Jedi wear robes, no actual characterisation or in-character interactions; or say they have 'daily raids' and it turn out that the last time any member ran an Op was five years ago.

I also don't like SPAM either, and why I never send MAIL to anyone outside my guild. Even though I've sometimes wanted to thank someone for help offered, yet I don't. I think who spam large lists of people are really the problem though, and honestly wish they'd stop!

IF ONLY THEY COULD ENABLE THIS:

Wish there was a GUILD NPC that players could unlock at their Fleet, that would say offer an invite to your current guild to only another of existing character's of the same Faction. You'd have to select an ALT character who was without a Guild, then in 1 minute it would send an invite to them allowing you to switch! It might try 2-4x more times at most so you'd have to login within 5 minutes. I mean it wouldn't have to send it offline, it just start trying once every 30-45 seconds to see if they are online. So you switch, then just got to wait a minute to get the invite. Perhaps you'd only have 5 minutes for it try, yet that be a lot of time for the vast majority! :eek::eek::eek: <3

I mean that would be something amazing to offer to players who in smaller Guilds! And can also help sometimes for those in larger ones. As the NPC would act as the go between, offering an invite to your ALT characters on the same account only! It take your current character's Guild, and rebroadcast their invite to your Alt you selected...

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

I respectfully disagree.

Unfortunately there are some online guild players who already spam invites like crazy. Creating offline invites will flood toon mailboxes with...spam.

You know what is super funny?

Time and again we hear that the reason F2P and preferred players can not use the forums is so that the forums are not spammed by spammers making F2P accounts. But I play, or have played, other games where F2P and preferred players are able to use the forums and those games do not have an issue with F2P forum spam.

We are told that the reason F2P players have such draconian restrictions on chat is to stop credit spammers, and yet credit spammers are able to spam (when the filter is not working) at level 1, when F2P can not use chat, and those other games that I play allow low level F2P players to use chat and they do not have issues with credit spammers (or that game's equivalent version of in-game currency sellers).

You say that the ability to mail guild invites will lead to spam, and yet other games that I play have that option and players are not bombarded with invite spam.

What makes this game so special that it invites all the spammers the world over? Especially considering that the game is dying and is in maintenance mode. I read that on these forums so it must be true.

IF ONLY THEY COULD ENABLE THIS:

Wish there was a GUILD NPC that players could unlock at their Fleet, that would say offer an invite to your current guild to only another of existing character's of the same Faction. You'd have to select an ALT character who was without a Guild, then in 1 minute it would send an invite to them allowing you to switch! It might try 2-4x more times at most so you'd have to login within 5 minutes. I mean it wouldn't have to send it offline, it just start trying once every 30-45 seconds to see if they are online. So you switch, then just got to wait a minute to get the invite. Perhaps you'd only have 5 minutes for it try, yet that be a lot of time for the vast majority! :eek::eek::eek: <3

Yea, I don't like people who SPAM either, if they limited you to only 5 people who not in Guild or Friends list a month; that should mostly RESOLVE the spam issue. I don't like people who SPAM either, but also never send mail to people who not in Guild / Friends.

Which is kind of sad, cause sometimes I'd just like to thank someone for help in team, and it's a good method to make new friends. After you send to 5 they should warn you, send another mail to a person not in Guild or Friends, and you'll be locked from sending mail for 2 months... I'm sure that's how they work currently, but I won't even send one, even to a person I was previously in a team with to thank them.

Still I'd LOVE them to try the option I showed above for Guild Invites. :)

Edited by Strathkin

What makes this game so special that it invites all the spammers the world over? Especially considering that the game is dying and is in maintenance mode. I read that on these forums so it must be true.

Conquest, there are guilds that spam invites in order to sustain a very aggressive removal policy for inactives. By itself, that can win you a planet when they all open up on Total Galactic War weeks (the one coming up incidentally), and push you over the edge in other weeks.

Conquest, there are guilds that spam invites in order to sustain a very aggressive removal policy for inactives. By itself, that can win you a planet when they all open up on Total Galactic War weeks (the one coming up incidentally), and push you over the edge in other weeks.

In order for Conquest points to count for next week the character has to be invited this week. That immediacy does not lend itself well to mailed invites that can be ignored, overlooked, or deleted out of hand. There is a feature to auto-ignore guild invites. Even though I have that turned on I still automatically add anyone who sends me a spam guild invite to my ignore list.

Your reply does not answer the question as to why this game apparently attracts every spammer the world over. Further, your reply brings up another question. For those guilds that do spam invites do you really think they are going to be mailing guild invites, when sending mail has a cooldown between messages, rather than continue as they currently do, which is to use /who to find the unguilded and then just roll through the list inviting all of them?

Edited by ceryxp

In order for Conquest points to count for next week the character has to be invited this week. In order for those points to count next week that character can not be kicked during that week.

Of course there is, but spam inviting is still a tool used by guilds in order to fill up spots on the roster quickly for next week. Especially on weeks where the tactic can win you a planet by itself, like Total Galactic War when all planets open up.

Your reply brings up another question. For those guilds that do spam invites do you really think they are going to be mailing guild invites, when sending mail has a cooldown between messages, rather than continue as they currently do, which is to use /who to find the unguilded and then just roll through the list inviting all of them?

Fair point actually. If there was indeed a cooldown for offline guild invites (OP never suggested it would be done via the in-game mail system), then they would be far less likely to use the option over their current methods.

Most Guilds however don't spam invites, just ask friends or allow them to invite people they meet or their friends.

Why I think an Guild NPC who could convey your ALT character an invite in 1-2 minutes be a good thing, that give you time to switch and then just wait. It would use the Guild you asked for the invite on in the first place, so no spamming is required. :)

My suggestion was similar to an NPC but have a list terminal in key locations (similar to stronghold) to search for and message guilds and maybe an "option" to click an invite request within a mail being sent out. These requests would only be sent to the guild leader so that in the case it does get spammed (not as likely since it's through a terminal and most likely can get spam filtered) will be able to be reported and also with an update to ban the name/legacy "offline" for extreme cases since that still would need to be a thing IMO.