Change Guild Invasion for small Guilds

Desplain

I'm writting on behalf of 4 small guilds on Tulak Hord.

Today there have been a lot of discussions about the guild invasion on the German server.

The reason for the discussions has been, that small guilds invaded a small yield planet

(from Tuesday till today) and suddenly a large guild appeared at 1:45 pm this afternoon and

placed 12 Mio points out of nowhere.

All of the small guilds lost their ranking and aren't able to beat the large guild (now 18 Mio points).

Someone told me that a guild can gather points till Friday (1:59 pm) and then choose the planet which it wants to invade.

If that's correct it's completely unfair for small guilds, because they'll never have a chance to win a planet..

Please change the day to Wednesday, to give small guilds a chance to win a small yield planet.

I think that small guilds especially those with 1-8 people never get the chance to play conquest which is a shame. They definitely need to revamp the required amount of people needed with how many small guilds there are even if it’s as small as one person let at least this one person acquire an outpost or something for a small guild to gain some kind of points…

I think that small guilds especially those with 1-8 people never get the chance to play conquest which is a shame. They definitely need to revamp the required amount of people needed with how many small guilds there are even if it’s as small as one person let at least this one person acquire an outpost or something for a small guild to gain some kind of points…

The problem with this is one of the conquest rewards for the top spot is a title that some people really care about acquiring. The "Conqueror" title of whatever planet you invade for conquest.

Certain planets are ONLY ever certain size invasions.

CZ198, as an example, is only ever a choice for "small" invasions.

So anyone who wants that title for that planet HAS to invade it.

If someone convinces the devs to change how that works, then I am all for restricting invasion choices based on guild siize.

Even though that wouldn't really fix the problem as there are already ways which have been discussed to work around it and still keep out the 1-8 player guilds.

The problem with this is one of the conquest rewards for the top spot is a title that some people really care about acquiring. The "Conqueror" title of whatever planet you invade for conquest.

Certain planets are ONLY ever certain size invasions.

CZ198, as an example, is only ever a choice for "small" invasions.

So anyone who wants that title for that planet HAS to invade it.

If someone convinces the devs to change how that works, then I am all for restricting invasion choices based on guild siize.

Even though that wouldn't really fix the problem as there are already ways which have been discussed to work around it and still keep out the 1-8 player guilds.

To be fair I never understood conquest however I thought it’s required for crafting higher tier gear if this requires invasions I am voting on a crafting side a thinks and not personal titles that’s what I was mostly aiming at. Also if you could explain how crafting would relate to conquest I think that the elements of crafting should be attainable by anyone even if solo it have a week or so cool down maybe less for those wanting to access that type of gear.

To be fair I never understood conquest however I thought it’s required for crafting higher tier gear if this requires invasions I am voting on a crafting side a thinks and not personal titles that’s what I was mostly aiming at. Also if you could explain how crafting would relate to conquest I think that the elements of crafting should be attainable by anyone even if solo it have a week or so cool down maybe less for those wanting to access that type of gear.

Some of the rewards for attaining your 50k points of conquest, which you can do even outside of a guild, get you a type of crafting mat needed for certain levels of crafting.

If you're in a guild and they make their weekly goal 500k / 2 million / 5 million AND you make your personal goal, you get some more of the same crafting mat.

Winning the top spot on the leaderboard, what this post is really about, doesn't get anything extra for crafting

Some of the rewards for attaining your 50k points of conquest, which you can do even outside of a guild, get you a type of crafting mat needed for certain levels of crafting.

If you're in a guild and they make their weekly goal 500k / 2 million / 5 million AND you make your personal goal, you get some more of the same crafting mat.

Winning the top spot on the leaderboard, what this post is really about, doesn't get anything extra for crafting

Ah ok thanks for clarifying that up for me.

I think that small guilds especially those with 1-8 people never get the chance to play conquest which is a shame. They definitely need to revamp the required amount of people needed with how many small guilds there are even if it’s as small as one person let at least this one person acquire an outpost or something for a small guild to gain some kind of points

Never get to play conquest? Run that one past me again? One account in my vanity guild, mine, and I hit the weekly low-target conquest (500,000 points) on one to three toons in less than day.

That's called playing conquest in a small guild, gaining some kind of points.

So please explain.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I think that small guilds especially those with 1-8 people never get the chance to play conquest which is a shame.

This is complete nonsense. The only meaningful part of Conquest that's not achievable is *winning*. Yes, winning the planet gives cheeves and (from the cheeves) titles, but small guilds most certainly can *play* conquest. They just can't *win*.

For reference: my characters belong to two guilds, of which I'm the only member that's even remotely active. I accept that I have no hope of winning Conquest on any planet. If I could be bothered to get the (rest of the) cheeves(1), I'd swallow my pride and put characters into the relevant guilds on The Leviathan.

(1) Way far back in the day, before the IRL group of people imploded for IRL reasons, <Flying Sheep> won several planets by assiduous (but legitimate) crafting. I was assiduous during that time.

This is complete nonsense. The only meaningful part of Conquest that's not achievable is *winning*. Yes, winning the planet gives cheeves and (from the cheeves) titles, but small guilds most certainly can *play* conquest. They just can't *win*.

For reference: my characters belong to two guilds, of which I'm the only member that's even remotely active. I accept that I have no hope of winning Conquest on any planet. If I could be bothered to get the (rest of the) cheeves(1), I'd swallow my pride and put characters into the relevant guilds on The Leviathan.

(1) Way far back in the day, before the IRL group of people imploded for IRL reasons, <Flying Sheep> won several planets by assiduous (but legitimate) crafting. I was assiduous during that time.

I won a few titles that way too, back on POT5, when that was a server.

Just like to add, I've a one man dead guild on ss, was using the char to get GS, just doing the dailies and weeklies, with gsf, and the kill x on starter planets, etc they got over 500k, without even trying. This doesn't take in to account, the small family guilds, which also regularly get small yiled, without too much hassle. If you are having trouble with your guild getting small yield, run gsf for GS & CQ, and you'll be surprised at how many points you can rack up.

If that same guild logged in on Tuesday, set there planet invasion for that same small planet conquest, then that guild would still have the same points. You would still not be top.

As a player you have to decide if a conquest tital is something you want, if so small guilds are never ever going to be top of the leauge on any given week. You could just make a single character to be in a top guild, just get the 50k points and then return to playing your own guild characters. If a tital is worth so much to you.

As it has already been pointed out, even small guilds can easily reach the small 500k points needed to get the other rewards. So saying cannot play conquest is incorrect. Not been top dog is more accurate. You are never going to be, if in a small guild. Conquest should not be changed so you can get a tital, not for this reason, ever. It was very differant before when only the top ten got rewards. That is no longer the case, and really you have no reason to complain.

As a solo player with my own guilds on both Repub & Imp side on all 5 servers, So far have managed to get 9 guilds above the 500k, only one left to do, and still have tomorrow to get the 270k points needed.

So please don't try the "cannot play conquest" card, just won't wash with me. Like you OP, I nevver going to be in the top ten, let alone number 1. In real terms, nore should I be. If I was, then clearly conquest is not working.

Edited by DreadtechSavant