Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

GF Needs to be renamed to Hammer Station Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
GF Needs to be renamed to Hammer Station Finder

PancaSWTOR's Avatar


PancaSWTOR
05.31.2020 , 11:34 AM | #61
So the thing is :

HS spammers can do whatever they want, abuse (yes, again, its abuse when you notice that the reward there is way easier to get and ONLY do that on purpose) the system and ruin the game to all the others

Rest of the player GFY and accept it...or so the spammers says, with brains that still cant understand what random means and what full pick for GF random bonus means.

I dont even enter in the fun / not-fun thing (as you ruin our fun to get your) cause im not on the same planet of people who get happy spaming the same FP all their life.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
05.31.2020 , 12:02 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by PancaSWTOR View Post
So the thing is :

HS spammers can do whatever they want, abuse (yes, again, its abuse when you notice that the reward there is way easier to get and ONLY do that on purpose) the system and ruin the game to all the others

Rest of the player GFY and accept it...or so the spammers says, with brains that still cant understand what random means and what full pick for GF random bonus means.

I dont even enter in the fun / not-fun thing (as you ruin our fun to get your) cause im not on the same planet of people who get happy spaming the same FP all their life.
I think you mixed up the two, HS spammers don't do the random mission, they just do HS, GF is groupfinder, it's not do a random mission, it's do a FP with a random group pf people. The actual mission is to do a random GF with a group. Your own beliigerence seems to be confusing the two.

What the sensible people in this thread are saying is that they want a way, to get their random misson, while not afffecting the group that just want to spam HS. Deanna already put up a workaround, if you've two pc's, or a friend that can help, and others have also mentioned that you can form a group yourself, and run the random gf mission that way. Until the devs step in and give us a better way, ie, being able to untick one fp, without losing the bonus, or one of the other intelligent ideas that have popped up here, we have to use the workaround.
Just because YOU don't understand what is fun for others, does not make your idea of fun more important than any others. What we need here is for people to get off their high horse and stop attacking people because they play differently, and instead come up with ideas of how to help each other enjoy the game.
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
is that a hair style, or did a womp rat die on your head
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.

PancaSWTOR's Avatar


PancaSWTOR
05.31.2020 , 01:49 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I think you mixed up the two, HS spammers don't do the random mission, they just do HS, GF is groupfinder, it's not do a random mission, it's do a FP with a random group pf people. The actual mission is to do a random GF with a group. Your own beliigerence seems to be confusing the two.

What the sensible people in this thread are saying is that they want a way, to get their random misson, while not afffecting the group that just want to spam HS. Deanna already put up a workaround, if you've two pc's, or a friend that can help, and others have also mentioned that you can form a group yourself, and run the random gf mission that way. Until the devs step in and give us a better way, ie, being able to untick one fp, without losing the bonus, or one of the other intelligent ideas that have popped up here, we have to use the workaround.
Just because YOU don't understand what is fun for others, does not make your idea of fun more important than any others. What we need here is for people to get off their high horse and stop attacking people because they play differently, and instead come up with ideas of how to help each other enjoy the game.
maybe ive expressed myself badly
i wanted to say exaclt that, but reading at all the post seems that the spammers want to be allowed to abuse as much as they want while they keep saying that the real problem are the ones that want a real random with the related rewards.

and i didnt enter in the fun things exactly cause i cant even understand the thing. more then saying that im on a different planet i dunno how i can explain that i dont understand them. not saying that they cant have their fun, simply that i really dont understand how...havent attacked anyone on that, honestly

wistarie's Avatar


wistarie
05.31.2020 , 02:10 PM | #64
There is no abusing. It's a normal and legit way how to play and use GF. And there can be a lot of reasons why someone prefer HS. It can be a limited time he actually has for a game, but he still wants to do a FP. Or he knows he may be distracted from the game in rl and in other FPs it would make serious problems for the rest of team. Or he is noob or has a lack of skills and he knows he would cause problems in more difficult FP . Or he is stuck in story and does not want to play other FP to spoil the story...

It's one of many ways how to use a GF. And btw these people who use GF this way alreadz made a tradeoff. They don't want to play random stuff and for this option they gave up a reward. Which is a good and fair design option. And as i said, I see nothing wrong with the fact, you will not get same reward if you uncheck FP you dont like as the person who use total random option.

Maybe there could be some new third option reward for that one unchecked FP option. Some lesser bonus reward. But I am afraid the people would be still upset why they are not entitled for the same reward as the people with full random option...

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
05.31.2020 , 02:11 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by PancaSWTOR View Post
maybe ive expressed myself badly
i wanted to say exaclt that, but reading at all the post seems that the spammers want to be allowed to abuse as much as they want while they keep saying that the real problem are the ones that want a real random with the related rewards.

and i didnt enter in the fun things exactly cause i cant even understand the thing. more then saying that im on a different planet i dunno how i can explain that i dont understand them. not saying that they cant have their fun, simply that i really dont understand how...havent attacked anyone on that, honestly
ok my apologies While I don't spam HS myself, and don't mind when it pops, we need a solution that fits most people, because we'll never keep everyone happy. I think the best solution so far has been to enable the GF reward to still work, but with one FP unticked. That way, people could avoid the HS spammers, and hopefully get the random experience they want, plus the farmers might all get put in together, and run the fast FP they like
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
is that a hair style, or did a womp rat die on your head
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
06.01.2020 , 03:33 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Why do you ask questions like that when you already know the answer for it? It's been answered several times by several people already.
I'm having an conversation with this person and wonder about their personal motives as they replied to my comments on it. That's why. Not sure why that needed clarification but maybe you're just having a bad day or something.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

PancaSWTOR's Avatar


PancaSWTOR
06.01.2020 , 08:41 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
ok my apologies While I don't spam HS myself, and don't mind when it pops, we need a solution that fits most people, because we'll never keep everyone happy. I think the best solution so far has been to enable the GF reward to still work, but with one FP unticked. That way, people could avoid the HS spammers, and hopefully get the random experience they want, plus the farmers might all get put in together, and run the fast FP they like
agree on that, id even say to give the chance to remove more then 1, maybe 3/4 considering that some of the latest are somehow impossible with low level/gear ...cough.... copero.... cough..... and lower level/gear could go in without the fear to enter there

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.01.2020 , 08:51 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by PancaSWTOR View Post
agree on that, id even say to give the chance to remove more then 1, maybe 3/4 considering that some of the latest are somehow impossible with low level/gear ...cough.... copero.... cough..... and lower level/gear could go in without the fear to enter there
To be honest, I think 3 or 4 might be pushing it...lol. At least the 1 should sort out the HS spammers. Maybe they could change the requirments for the later ones, so that people have to be a certain level, instead of using stupid level boost
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
is that a hair style, or did a womp rat die on your head
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.

PancaSWTOR's Avatar


PancaSWTOR
06.01.2020 , 09:19 AM | #69
yes, true, but allow to remove only 1 is like admit that they f***ed up with HS...removing a few more (3/4 was a random example) is a subtle way to avoid it

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.01.2020 , 09:35 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by PancaSWTOR View Post
yes, true, but allow to remove only 1 is like admit that they f***ed up with HS...removing a few more (3/4 was a random example) is a subtle way to avoid it
unless removing the 3/4 means they have to admit that they messed up the level sync for fps...lol
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
is that a hair style, or did a womp rat die on your head
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.