GF Needs to be renamed to Hammer Station Finder

WaveRun

It's quite clear, the only ones who are opposed to this are the very people who spam HS.

BioWare needs to fix this. I think the best solution is, as I have stated, to put the flashpoints on a rotating queue.

Why? A lot of people say to just "untick" HS, but no bonus.

This also prevents people from spamming HS.

This is false. I don't spam HS, however BW has already given you the choice to get rid of it by unchecking it, or giving you the choice to leave and wait out the 15 min timer. You also have the choice of just doing it and getting your daily reward for it being random for you.

And if those aren't good choices for you personally, then others have given you the best option possible. Make a group of 4 people and do a random FP that way.

Edited by Toraak

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is false. I don't spam HS, however BW has already given you the choice to get rid of it by unchecking it, or giving you the choice to leave and wait out the 15 min timer. You also have the choice of just doing it and getting your daily reward for it being random for you.

And if those aren't good choices for you personally, then others have given you the best option possible. Make a group of 4 people and do a random FP that way.

It's called Group Finder, I shouldn't have to find a group myself to use the system as designed. People are exploiting the system by only selecting Hammer Station. They should require at least 3 things to be selected because it is no longer a group finder, it is a HS finder.

I have left groups, ignored, etc. It takes me almost 3 hours to get a group within GF that doesn't do HS just to finish a daily that should take an hour at the most.

Again, I am not going to use GF if I do not get daily.

It's called Group Finder, I shouldn't have to find a group myself to use the system as designed. People are exploiting the system by only selecting Hammer Station. They should require at least 3 things to be selected because it is no longer a group finder, it is a HS finder.

I have left groups, ignored, etc. It takes me almost 3 hours to get a group within GF that doesn't do HS just to finish a daily that should take an hour at the most.

Again, I am not going to use GF if I do not get daily.

they aren't exploiting anything. They are using the system as it is designed to choose what they want to run. Just like you can choose to uncheck HS to fit your playstyle if you do not wish to run it. This entire thread is people complaining because they lose out on a reward if they uncheck it. So either make your own group, or deal with the fact if you want your reward you'll have to run whatever FP pops, even if it's HS, or leave and wait out the timer to try again.

Edited by Toraak

they aren't exploiting anything. They are using the system as it is designed to choose what they want to run. Just like you can choose to uncheck HS to fit your playstyle if you do not wish to run it. This entire thread is people complaining because they lose out on a reward if they uncheck it. So either make your own group, or deal with the fact if you want your reward you'll have to run whatever FP pops, even if it's HS, or leave and wait out the timer to try again.

They may not be exploiting it but they are abusing it by ruining it from people who want to do other content than HS. And when all those people stop using group finder, because they are sick of it and sick of the abuse that's going on in there, there will only be HS farmers left. It's going to die because of toxic and selfish people, and others who defend their right to kill a game mode because "they can".

I'm curious to know, how in your opinion does this freedom to abuse a game mode benefit the community? IMHO it's hurting it. Just yesterday I had a guildie complaining that they can't level with flashpoints anymore, because it's only HS, and the people they get grouped up with are both toxic and really bad. Leveling with flashpoints used to be fun. Now I wouldn't do it even if it would be the only way to level new toons.

I think the chances are 2, one is for conquest and one os for destroy the gear and sell the embers. More likely the conquest.

I feel the same, gearing my toons normally without problems and really cant get how those people can actually have fun HS way...its seems more like a job, and a boring one too

BTW, by the time i wrote my fist post, so its like 4 hours, i did 6 FP, 3 vet and 3 MM...and lived real life a little too

...all random...

...all with everything toggled ON

5 HM

1 Red reaper MM

nothing more to say

But let me ask you...why do you not deselect those two FPs?

They may not be exploiting it but they are abusing it by ruining it from people who want to do other content than HS. And when all those people stop using group finder, because they are sick of it and sick of the abuse that's going on in there, there will only be HS farmers left. It's going to die because of toxic and selfish people, and others who defend their right to kill a game mode because "they can".

I'm curious to know, how in your opinion does this freedom to abuse a game mode benefit the community? IMHO it's hurting it. Just yesterday I had a guildie complaining that they can't level with flashpoints anymore, because it's only HS, and the people they get grouped up with are both toxic and really bad. Leveling with flashpoints used to be fun. Now I wouldn't do it even if it would be the only way to level new toons.

I leveled several chars not long ago and NEVER had any problem with any low level/levelling FPs (Athiss, Red Reaper, Cademinu, Mandalorian Raiders etc.). All you need is to check the FP you want only and it will pop within a minute(s).

The one and only problem is some people are unable to live with the fact they do not get bonus reward, if they uncheck flashpoint they don't like. And in my humble opinion it is a very childish attitude.

I leveled several chars not long ago and NEVER had any problem with any low level/levelling FPs (Athiss, Red Reaper, Cademinu, Mandalorian Raiders etc.). All you need is to check the FP you want only and it will pop within a minute(s).

The one and only problem is some people are unable to live with the fact they do not get bonus reward, if they uncheck flashpoint they don't like. And in my humble opinion it is a very childish attitude.

I guess you haven't played enough yet. You'll get there too eventually. Just don't hurt yourself when you drop down from your high horse.

I guess you haven't played enough yet. You'll get there too eventually. Just don't hurt yourself when you drop down from your high horse.

Perhaps you need to climb up out of your low pit. 😂

The bottom line is - if you queue for a random FP be willing to do a random FP. Don't try to use the loss of a minor bonus, to justify your selfish motives. 🙂

It's not abusing anything. If it was abusing it you would be forced to run the content. Your not you can uncheck or leave when it pops. You also have the choice to make your own group, so again it's not abusing anything at all. Want a random group, look on fleet and advertise for a group, and queu up together, or perish the thought Get 3 other guildies to group with you.

I know I've left many FP's in the past if it wasn't to my liking. Once I left, I unchecked it before requeu'ing. Oh my what a novel idea I can choose what I want to run.

So the thing is :

HS spammers can do whatever they want, abuse (yes, again, its abuse when you notice that the reward there is way easier to get and ONLY do that on purpose) the system and ruin the game to all the others

Rest of the player GFY and accept it...or so the spammers says, with brains that still cant understand what random means and what full pick for GF random bonus means.

I dont even enter in the fun / not-fun thing (as you ruin our fun to get your) cause im not on the same planet of people who get happy spaming the same FP all their life.

So the thing is :

HS spammers can do whatever they want, abuse (yes, again, its abuse when you notice that the reward there is way easier to get and ONLY do that on purpose) the system and ruin the game to all the others

Rest of the player GFY and accept it...or so the spammers says, with brains that still cant understand what random means and what full pick for GF random bonus means.

I dont even enter in the fun / not-fun thing (as you ruin our fun to get your) cause im not on the same planet of people who get happy spaming the same FP all their life.

I think you mixed up the two, HS spammers don't do the random mission, they just do HS, GF is groupfinder, it's not do a random mission, it's do a FP with a random group pf people. The actual mission is to do a random GF with a group. Your own beliigerence seems to be confusing the two.

What the sensible people in this thread are saying is that they want a way, to get their random misson, while not afffecting the group that just want to spam HS. Deanna already put up a workaround, if you've two pc's, or a friend that can help, and others have also mentioned that you can form a group yourself, and run the random gf mission that way. Until the devs step in and give us a better way, ie, being able to untick one fp, without losing the bonus, or one of the other intelligent ideas that have popped up here, we have to use the workaround.

Just because YOU don't understand what is fun for others, does not make your idea of fun more important than any others. What we need here is for people to get off their high horse and stop attacking people because they play differently, and instead come up with ideas of how to help each other enjoy the game.

I think you mixed up the two, HS spammers don't do the random mission, they just do HS, GF is groupfinder, it's not do a random mission, it's do a FP with a random group pf people. The actual mission is to do a random GF with a group. Your own beliigerence seems to be confusing the two.

What the sensible people in this thread are saying is that they want a way, to get their random misson, while not afffecting the group that just want to spam HS. Deanna already put up a workaround, if you've two pc's, or a friend that can help, and others have also mentioned that you can form a group yourself, and run the random gf mission that way. Until the devs step in and give us a better way, ie, being able to untick one fp, without losing the bonus, or one of the other intelligent ideas that have popped up here, we have to use the workaround.

Just because YOU don't understand what is fun for others, does not make your idea of fun more important than any others. What we need here is for people to get off their high horse and stop attacking people because they play differently, and instead come up with ideas of how to help each other enjoy the game.

maybe ive expressed myself badly

i wanted to say exaclt that, but reading at all the post seems that the spammers want to be allowed to abuse as much as they want while they keep saying that the real problem are the ones that want a real random with the related rewards.

and i didnt enter in the fun things exactly cause i cant even understand the thing. more then saying that im on a different planet i dunno how i can explain that i dont understand them. not saying that they cant have their fun, simply that i really dont understand how...havent attacked anyone on that, honestly

There is no abusing. It's a normal and legit way how to play and use GF. And there can be a lot of reasons why someone prefer HS. It can be a limited time he actually has for a game, but he still wants to do a FP. Or he knows he may be distracted from the game in rl and in other FPs it would make serious problems for the rest of team. Or he is noob or has a lack of skills and he knows he would cause problems in more difficult FP . Or he is stuck in story and does not want to play other FP to spoil the story...

It's one of many ways how to use a GF. And btw these people who use GF this way alreadz made a tradeoff. They don't want to play random stuff and for this option they gave up a reward. Which is a good and fair design option. And as i said, I see nothing wrong with the fact, you will not get same reward if you uncheck FP you dont like as the person who use total random option.

Maybe there could be some new third option reward for that one unchecked FP option. Some lesser bonus reward. But I am afraid the people would be still upset why they are not entitled for the same reward as the people with full random option... :)

Edited by wistarie

maybe ive expressed myself badly

i wanted to say exaclt that, but reading at all the post seems that the spammers want to be allowed to abuse as much as they want while they keep saying that the real problem are the ones that want a real random with the related rewards.

and i didnt enter in the fun things exactly cause i cant even understand the thing. more then saying that im on a different planet i dunno how i can explain that i dont understand them. not saying that they cant have their fun, simply that i really dont understand how...havent attacked anyone on that, honestly

ok my apologies :) While I don't spam HS myself, and don't mind when it pops, we need a solution that fits most people, because we'll never keep everyone happy. I think the best solution so far has been to enable the GF reward to still work, but with one FP unticked. That way, people could avoid the HS spammers, and hopefully get the random experience they want, plus the farmers might all get put in together, and run the fast FP they like :)

Edited by DarkTergon

Why do you ask questions like that when you already know the answer for it? It's been answered several times by several people already.

I'm having an conversation with this person and wonder about their personal motives as they replied to my comments on it. That's why. Not sure why that needed clarification but maybe you're just having a bad day or something.

ok my apologies :) While I don't spam HS myself, and don't mind when it pops, we need a solution that fits most people, because we'll never keep everyone happy. I think the best solution so far has been to enable the GF reward to still work, but with one FP unticked. That way, people could avoid the HS spammers, and hopefully get the random experience they want, plus the farmers might all get put in together, and run the fast FP they like :)

agree on that, id even say to give the chance to remove more then 1, maybe 3/4 considering that some of the latest are somehow impossible with low level/gear ...cough.... copero.... cough.....:p and lower level/gear could go in without the fear to enter there

agree on that, id even say to give the chance to remove more then 1, maybe 3/4 considering that some of the latest are somehow impossible with low level/gear ...cough.... copero.... cough.....:p and lower level/gear could go in without the fear to enter there

To be honest, I think 3 or 4 might be pushing it...lol. At least the 1 should sort out the HS spammers. Maybe they could change the requirments for the later ones, so that people have to be a certain level, instead of using stupid level boost

yes, true, but allow to remove only 1 is like admit that they f***ed up with HS...removing a few more (3/4 was a random example) is a subtle way to avoid it ;)

unless removing the 3/4 means they have to admit that they messed up the level sync for fps...lol

It would be helpful if you could disable one or two FPs from the selection without losing out on "que random" rewards. It's probably the only way to keep most people happy.

It would also get rid of the instant leavers of Umbara and the like.

It would be helpful if you could disable one or two FPs from the selection without losing out on "que random" rewards. It's probably the only way to keep most people happy.

It would also get rid of the instant leavers of Umbara and the like.

I don't think they'll allow two to be unticked, 1 might be even too much, but it's the only real solution at the moment for people who want to avoid the HS spammers.

I may not like certain FPs, but i do them just the same. I did get a bit more HS this weekend then in the past. I even had one with a 75, 60, 50something that had NEVER done HS. i was floored and tried to help them through. I did a Directive 7 with three other BHs last night...we were a stream of blaster fire and just wiped the floor. it was great.

It’s just like that. Before spending 1-2 hours in Meridian, you can run 3-4x HS. That also works with bad players. And you don't even know if you can make the final boss, in Meridian, with the group. The rewards would need to be adjusted.