Bioware/EA please REMOVE caps for subscribers!!

UniSols

Hello everyone!!

I have been playing SWTOR for a long time now and it occurs to me that subscribers still have CAPS on certain

things. Why?? I think subscribers should NOT have any caps on things. They PAY for this game to play it and to

have all the amenities.

I do understand that you put caps on F2P and prefs, to motivate them to go sub,

but to limit subscribers ( the ones that are actually paying and keeping this game alive) is rediculous.

I dont think its fair to those who pay real life money for it and then not get what they are promised; FULL ACCES

to the game and its content.

Please REMOVE the cap for us! We are paying for the continuance of this game. We are paying your salary!

At least respect us and give us what is promised.

Yeah, it is kinda stupid. There are arbitrary caps on tech fragments and other currencies, total as well as weekly limits. The point of subbing should be that you don't run into those limits, just like the credit cap--you should be able to earn as much as you want.

Also, since rep is tied to significant conquest points, you should be able to cash in rep as much as you want--you can't get more than max rep but you should be able to claim it for Conquest if you're a sub.

I agree, those caps are really annoying, especially:

• The weekly cap on Conquest Commendations
  • The cap on Daily Resource Matrix

The weekly on Conquest Commendations means that after you reach the Conquest goal with 7 characters you are already at the cap.

The cap on Daily Resource Matrix is annoying because there's not really that much to buy with them. Before 7.1 I have been at the cap for weeks, without anything to buy. Then I upgraded the gear to 328 Thyrsan and now I'm getting very close to the cap again. If only there was something worth buying with them...

Edited by MythallarSWToR

Weekly caps for things exist in almost all mmorpgs - including those that are subscription only.

Without such caps content and gear released some players would rush and complete it in no time and then spend months complaining that they have nothing to do.

I agree, those caps are really annoying, especially:

• The weekly cap on Conquest Commendations
  • The cap on Daily Resource Matrix

The weekly on Conquest Commendations means that after you reach the Conquest goal with 7 characters you are already at the cap.

The cap on Daily Resource Matrix is annoying because there's not really that much to buy with them. Before 7.1 I have been at the cap for weeks, without anything to buy. Then I upgraded the gear to 328 Thyrsan and now I'm getting very close to the cap again. If only there was something worth buying with them...

I can concur that the caps are (at the least) too low (particularly for solo players). If we are going to have to grind this hard to get what we are looking for (let alone trying to get to where we can get MODS that cap has to be increased.

CAPS?? I get it that some restrictions may apply. Yet here we are and pretty much the entire day was shot after only pushing it for 5 days (at most).

** Daily Resource Matrix need to be at or slightly above 2K

** CQ commendations ... up by 30% (minimum)

** Tech Fragments .. Don't even get me started. I wouldn't even guess at the thousands I've missed over the last couple weeks !!

DROPS ... ??? Really ??? I bring this up because even when I ran some heroics in a group all I got was some 320 gear on a character with an i-rating of 324. IIRC ... with over 25 items that dropped only one was a 324. Everything else was useless (even weapons that none of my characters could use at all). This was typical for all 5 days of putting in a LOT of time.

I said that to say this: That means that I have to rely HEAVILY on the "upgrades" I purchase. I have no problem with this. That ALSO means I need to be able to EARN enough of the items needed to MAKE those purchases. While I do not expect for the caps to be removed, I DO EXPECT to be able to have enough of a cap to work and EARN said equipment.

I can concur that the caps are (at the least) too low (particularly for solo players). If we are going to have to grind this hard to get what we are looking for (let alone trying to get to where we can get MODS that cap has to be increased.

CAPS?? I get it that some restrictions may apply. Yet here we are and pretty much the entire day was shot after only pushing it for 5 days (at most).

** Daily Resource Matrix need to be at or slightly above 2K

** CQ commendations ... up by 30% (minimum)

** Tech Fragments .. Don't even get me started. I wouldn't even guess at the thousands I've missed over the last couple weeks !!

DROPS ... ??? Really ??? I bring this up because even when I ran some heroics in a group all I got was some 320 gear on a character with an i-rating of 324. IIRC ... with over 25 items that dropped only one was a 324. Everything else was useless (even weapons that none of my characters could use at all). This was typical for all 5 days of putting in a LOT of time.

I said that to say this: That means that I have to rely HEAVILY on the "upgrades" I purchase. I have no problem with this. That ALSO means I need to be able to EARN enough of the items needed to MAKE those purchases. While I do not expect for the caps to be removed, I DO EXPECT to be able to have enough of a cap to work and EARN said equipment.

Yeah, I don't know whose idea it was to make all drops sidegrades. It makes drops boring because you're just going to deconstruct them anyways. I guess it was okay in 7.0 because you could give surplus items with your main's max item level to alts, but with the mod vendor, all drops except relics and earpieces are basically deconstructed without a second thought.

Yeah, I don't know whose idea it was to make all drops sidegrades. It makes drops boring because you're just going to deconstruct them anyways. I guess it was okay in 7.0 because you could give surplus items with your main's max item level to alts, but with the mod vendor, all drops except relics and earpieces are basically deconstructed without a second thought.

Exactly, they are only good for deconstructing, and with the weekly cap on commendations so low, you basically get only tech fragments.

It made sense in 6.0 to get sidegrades, because of the optimization preocess, but in 7.0 it's pretty much pointless.

Exactly, they are only good for deconstructing, and with the weekly cap on commendations so low, you basically get only tech fragments.

It made sense in 6.0 to get sidegrades, because of the optimization preocess, but in 7.0 it's pretty much pointless.

Actually ... When it gets right down to it they're not even good for deconstructing!!! :eek::eek::eek:

With the caps as low as they are in many cases I get that nasty red message pretty much telling me that it's a bad idea to even deconstruct!!

You are also correct that the SUBPAR drops (lower than the 324 in this case) does nothing to help my alts since I need 330 (preferably in blue) across the board. So in this case ... ALL of those 320's ... useless! Every last single one of them!!

WEAPONS anyone???? OH, my stars!! Trying to get mods (mostly just for weapons) ... Don't EVEN get me started. My Trooper is currently forced to use a "cannon" that sounds like a crossover between a beginner learning to play a snare drum and someone pounding on a syrup bucket turned upside down. (Yes, I've done that as a kid MANY, MANY, years ago!)

[/Facepalm] ...

Good grief. It's not like we are insisting on overhauling the entire system!!! Just give the old man something I can really sink my teeth into !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Actually ... When it gets right down to it they're not even good for deconstructing!!! :eek::eek::eek:

With the caps as low as they are in many cases I get that nasty red message pretty much telling me that it's a bad idea to even deconstruct!!

You are also correct that the SUBPAR drops (lower than the 324 in this case) does nothing to help my alts since I need 330 (preferably in blue) across the board. So in this case ... ALL of those 320's ... useless! Every last single one of them!!

WEAPONS anyone???? OH, my stars!! Trying to get mods (mostly just for weapons) ... Don't EVEN get me started. My Trooper is currently forced to use a "cannon" that sounds like a crossover between a beginner learning to play a snare drum and someone pounding on a syrup bucket turned upside down. (Yes, I've done that as a kid MANY, MANY, years ago!)

[/Facepalm] ...

Good grief. It's not like we are insisting on overhauling the entire system!!! Just give the old man something I can really sink my teeth into !!!

I don’t get the issue with the tech frag cap. You aren’t capped on how many you can get each week. Spend some and then deconstruct items to get more. They haven’t changed that cap since they upgraded it to 11,000 before 7.0. I do think the daily resource cap could be increased a bit but I’ll admit I don’t always hit the cap each week due to work. The comms cap could definitely be raised.

How are you ‘forced’ to use the cannon you hate? Just put the one you like in the outfitter and that issue is solved. I hated the sounds of some of the weapons I had to use before they added weapons to the outfitter. That really seems to be a non issue.

I don’t get the issue with the tech frag cap. You aren’t capped on how many you can get each week. Spend some and then deconstruct items to get more. They haven’t changed that cap since they upgraded it to 11,000 before 7.0. I do think the daily resource cap could be increased a bit but I’ll admit I don’t always hit the cap each week due to work. The comms cap could definitely be raised.

How are you ‘forced’ to use the cannon you hate? Just put the one you like in the outfitter and that issue is solved. I hated the sounds of some of the weapons I had to use before they added weapons to the outfitter. That really seems to be a non issue.

Tech Frags are capped ... And frankly I've shopped over most (if not all) of what they have to offer. I don't "need" what's there. There is nothing really USEFUL to "spend" those Tech Frags on!!!!!

IMO this has to be one of the most wasted resource (and yet at the top of the list) of the rewards handed out.

Soooo why not offer something like an exchange for something that IS useful ... like maybe for "Daily Resource Matrix"???? Heck ... I'd give them a 15 to 1 exchange in a heartbeat. At least the fragments wouldn't be such a total waste.

All is needed is a little break .. Increase the caps and make better use of the Tech Frags !! (It's not that hard).

Tech Frags are capped ... And frankly I've shopped over most (if not all) of what they have to offer. I don't "need" what's there. There is nothing really USEFUL to "spend" those Tech Frags on!!!!!

IMO this has to be one of the most wasted resource (and yet at the top of the list) of the rewards handed out.

Soooo why not offer something like an exchange for something that IS useful ... like maybe for "Daily Resource Matrix"???? Heck ... I'd give them a 15 to 1 exchange in a heartbeat. At least the fragments wouldn't be such a total waste.

All is needed is a little break .. Increase the caps and make better use of the Tech Frags !! (It's not that hard).

Then what use would increasing the cap be? If you don't have anything to buy then a higher cap is just going to mean more sitting in the currency tab. If you could buy the daily resource matrix's with them, then you would just hit that cap quicker. They have put in a number of things to buy with tech frags. They have no way of putting in things to buy with them that 'everyone' needs. You're not satisfied with what's available, that's totally valid, but others are still in the process of using tech frags to buy the things they want.

Then what use would increasing the cap be? If you don't have anything to buy then a higher cap is just going to mean more sitting in the currency tab. If you could buy the daily resource matrix's with them, then you would just hit that cap quicker. They have put in a number of things to buy with tech frags. They have no way of putting in things to buy with them that 'everyone' needs. You're not satisfied with what's available, that's totally valid, but others are still in the process of using tech frags to buy the things they want.

It'll come to ya!!

(BTW... I'm not trying to be argumentative! )

And YES .. for many there are things out there that THEY want. That's cool! Nothing wrong with that at all!!

:cool:

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a problem with caps on certain currencies, such as Tech Fragments, because they do not sell cap lifters in the Cartel Market for Tech Fragments and other such currencies. The only currency limit, that I've seen, where a cap lifter is sold is for Credits.

However, as a sub, I was scandalized, SCANDALIZED, that I had hit a limit on how many items I could put up for auction on the GTN. As a sub, I was told (in a game message in red text) that I had to go to the Cartel Market to buy more slots for the GTN!!

I nearly blew a fuse when I saw that, because I pay monthly to play. I should be hitting NO SUCH CAPS!

None of the mentioned caps are issues.

Tech fragments, used to upgrade your legendry's. If you do not have the credits to upgrade you can buy OEM or RPM and sell them on the GTN. There is little to no point into increasing this, if you hit a cap it's because you did not pay attention to how many you already have. Being capped of these is ALWAYS your mistake. There is no reason to be at 11k/11k unless you were too lazy to go buy an OEM.

DRMs are... useless? You cannot spend 1k even if you wanted to, so why would it need to be 2k? Then you just hit the cap over and over again at 2k instead of 1k, what's the point? Buying gear from DRMs is... not worth it anyway and even then it would be the weekly cap, not the overall cap that limits you.

GTN slots: Level 1 toons can sell stuff on the GTN, just make an alt - go to your stronghold and place a GTN and a mailbox and easy.

GTN slots: Level 1 toons can sell stuff on the GTN, just make an alt - go to your stronghold and place a GTN and a mailbox and easy.

That's not the point. As a paid subscriber, BIOWARE shouldn't be charging us any kind of money to uncap GTN slots.

Edited by WorldSmasher