Time for a new universe

xordevoreaux

Star Wars Revealed No Jedi Found Palpatine Because The Force Was 'Afraid' of Him

"In other words, the Force was afraid of what Palpatine would become if he was trained."

--- https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-jedi-force-feared-palpatine/

Once upon a time, Anakin Skywalker had been chosen by the force to restore balance. At no point was there any discussion that somehow the force —pervading all living things— was somehow emotive, certainly not to the point of being fearful of the emperor.

Time for a new universe to shuck all that and start over fresh where force-blind means force-blind, one family doesn't have complete dynastic control over the force, only force-wielders can manifest the force and therefore wield a light saber, and the force isn't emotive, much less afraid.

Edited by xordevoreaux

...Okay... my own personal opinions on the Idiot Order of Glowstick Swingers aside, what the devil kind of "My Dog Is A Cat" logic is that, that somehow a Sheev Palpatine trained - still trained - as a Sith is better than a Sheev Palpatine that had been trained as a Jedi.

Okay, I can grasp part of it. Even as a Sith, Palps had a frightening disregard for life - he had not one, but two planet-killer weapons constructed (more than that if one includes Legends and the Stupid Grandchildren Trilogy) - so it's entirely possible that he could warp the Jedi Code and lines like "There is no death, there is The Force" in ways that would make the Jedi Covenant lose their lunches...

But still, that is some warped bad fanfiction-style logic, 'he might be a threat trained as one of the good guys if he goes bad, so it's better for him to be trained as one of the bad guys'. It's almost as bad as I've seen some people use that 'we can't expel them from hero school for acting like a villain because they might become a villain'.

Drawing on something that is somewhat more canon - KOTOR II and the Thrawn Trilogy - a Force connection can be cut off, if the Force was emotive enough to be 'afraid' of Palpatine (and I'm not getting into the thinking, emotive Living Force versus non-anthromorphisied energy field Unifying Force argument), it would make far more sense for Palpatine's connection to the Force to simply be cut off completely by the Force rather than 'hidden' so that he wouldn't be found by the Jedi and instead eventually get to work his way into become a Sith.