Do you hate premades? Feeling is mutual.

varietasplus

Do you dislike premades? You are part of the reason premades exist.

I have been queueing solo and premade since release. For the first time, I decided not to queue solo at all. With each passing year, pugs have become more and more incompetent and ignorant of objectives. Not only do they lack the overall knowledge of classes let alone their main, but they also ignore objectives and ops chat in general. Since patch 7.0, whenever I queue solo, I only have one or two members from my team trying to win, everyone else is either camping (which only guarantees defeat) or farm mid.

At this point, playing warzones is nothing else but frustration unless I queue up with my guildies who know their classes and what to do and the 3 or 4 of us carry the brainless pugs. We always end up against another premade, which is absolutely fine, it is as it should be. So if we win the warzone carrying you, be thankful instead of posting neverending threads of how premades ruin warzone experience, for as it is now, pugs ruin the experience of each and every solo player trying to play objectives.

Don't waste your time posting: "I am entitled to play the game the way I want to". Your reasoning fails short of group content and sharing a common goal, let alone the reward system. If you wanna play selfish, you have plenty of solo stuff to choose from, not to mention you can dps the **** out of your training dummy.

Edited by varietasplus

Honestly, i have bigger issues with players only caring about death match in an objective based map.

When there are only a couple of people who actually care to win a match when the rest just don't care, it makes it incredibly frustrating to get your daily and weekly.

If your team is full of pug decent players who have a desire to win, you can still win against premades.

No matter how strong your dps is, or how good the players are, if not enough people on the team actually want to win, might as well have terrible players, because your team is terrible..

Edited by hyperblaze

Do you dislike premades? You are part of the reason premades exist.

I have been queueing solo and premade since release. For the first time, I decided not to queue solo at all. With each passing year, pugs have become more and more incompetent and ignorant of objectives. Not only do they lack the overall knowledge of classes let alone their main, but they also ignore objectives and ops chat in general. Since patch 7.0, whenever I queue solo, I only have one or two members from my team trying to win, everyone else is either camping (which only guarantees defeat) or farm mid.

At this point, playing warzones is nothing else but frustration unless I queue up with my guildies who know their classes and what to do and the 3 or 4 of us carry the brainless pugs. We always end up against another premade, which is absolutely fine, it is as it should be. So if we win the warzone carrying you, be thankful instead of posting neverending threads of how premades ruin warzone experience, for as it is now, pugs ruin the experience of each and every solo player trying to play objectives.

Don't waste your time posting: "I am entitled to play the game the way I want to". Your reasoning fails short of group content and sharing a common goal, let alone the reward system. If you wanna play selfish, you have plenty of solo stuff to choose from, not to mention you can dps the **** out of your training dummy.

Can I have your stuff?

Read this carefully.

I. Am. Entitled. To. Play. The. Game. The. Way. I. Want. To.

It's regs. No one cares. Just chill and play the game.

So if an ungeared regs player jumps in ranked... totally cool, right?

I have the right to mess up your game play and how you want to play?

Yes they should be able to que. Honestly I hate any type of restrictions. If you want to que level 1 for Ranked pvp go ahead. Wanna que for NIM op all for it. People might hate you for it but that's your choice.

Restrictions are always bad. They take away creativity.

On that thought........ crazy ideal what if there were no specs anymore, but you can just choose what abilities and passives you want from a certain class. Like you could choose all of the abilities that a sorc has to do what you want. Of course there would be some limit or tier system for balance purposes but that would be interesting.

There's a difference between ranked and unranked warzones when it comes to winning and losing. The former deals with Elo rating which corresponds to end-of-season rewards. It is understandable why players would be peeved if someone comes into ranked consistently unprepared and undergeared. With regards to unranked warzones, aside from tech fragments in weeklies, there's not much at stake and that will go away once the PTS changes regarding losses counting towards weeklies go live. That's why unranked is referred to as casual PVP.

Yes they should be able to que. Honestly I hate any type of restrictions. If you want to que level 1 for Ranked pvp go ahead. Wanna que for NIM op all for it. People might hate you for it but that's your choice.

Restrictions are always bad. They take away creativity.

On that thought........ crazy ideal what if there were no specs anymore, but you can just choose what abilities and passives you want from a certain class. Like you could choose all of the abilities that a sorc has to do what you want. Of course there would be some limit or tier system for balance purposes but that would be interesting.

I dont fully agree... i think a person should meet certain minimums to queue for certain things otherwise it adversely affect the experience for others.

There should always be an option though. If you cant queue for this go for that, as is the case in PvP. Anyone can queue for regs, but you must meet certain criteria for ranked, which personally i think is how it should be.

BUT... the point is that the same people who seem to have no issue wrecking the PvP experience for others by defeating the purpose of regs, would lose thier minds if anyone did it to them in ranked. Regs do not exist for better players to act the fool, they exist to learn and for those who do not care about ratings. If its ok for one to ruin the other then why is the opposite also not acceptable?

There's a difference between ranked and unranked warzones when it comes to winning and losing. The former deals with Elo rating which corresponds to end-of-season rewards. It is understandable why players would be peeved if someone comes into ranked consistently unprepared and undergeared. With regards to unranked warzones, aside from tech fragments in weeklies, there's not much at stake and that will go away once the PTS changes regarding losses counting towards weeklies go live. That's why unranked is referred to as casual PVP.

While technically true, it misses the point.

Most players in the game do not care about ranked, for whatever reasons. Whether its a bad experience, or poor results or maybe measuring pixels just ins their thing.

They still enjoy PvP though so they play regs, for fun, whihc is what they do care about.

How is ruining that fun any different than ruining elo/ratings? Are both not what the players in question care about?

My point is simple, its not right for one group to take liberties with wrecking another groups play options, thn complain about people ruining theirs.

While technically true, it misses the point.

Most players in the game do not care about ranked, for whatever reasons. Whether its a bad experience, or poor results or maybe measuring pixels just ins their thing.

They still enjoy PvP though so they play regs, for fun, whihc is what they do care about.

How is ruining that fun any different than ruining elo/ratings? Are both not what the players in question care about?

My point is simple, its not right for one group to take liberties with wrecking another groups play options, thn complain about people ruining theirs.

It's different because Elo is tied to end of season rewards, it's a very simple, objective, correlation. Fun, on the other hand, is entirely subjective. Furthermore, you're comparing a casual PVP mode where people can either queue solo or in group with a competitive mode where people cannot queue in a group. You are comparing apples and oranges.

It's different because Elo is tied to end of season rewards, it's a very simple, objective, correlation. Fun, on the other hand, is entirely subjective. Furthermore, you're comparing a casual PVP mode where people can either queue solo or in group with a competitive mode where people cannot queue in a group. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Whats its tied to or not tied to changes nothing.

You dont get to decide what matters in this game or who it matters to.

If you want a better PvP community, be better.

Ranked players dont get to step all over non ranked simply because they play ranked. It isnt apples and oranges when it comes to attitudes, when you play ranked, you play to win, shows the rest of the community the same courtesy, simple.

Im not suggesting they are the same, at all, but you do not have the right to ruin other peoples experience, its that simple.

Ranked players dont get to step all over non ranked simply because they play ranked. It isnt apples and oranges when it comes to attitudes, when you play ranked, you play to win, shows the rest of the community the same courtesy, simple.

Im not suggesting they are the same, at all, but you do not have the right to ruin other peoples experience, its that simple.

Excuse me, but what have you done to make the PVP community a better place? I do not see you forming groups with people, creating pvp guilds, offering advice, offering encouragement, you just make spiteful remarks about premades and ranked players. In fact, I find it ironic that you are criticizing 'premades' for ruining the experience of other players in casual PVP, yet you constantly, in 6.0 stood AFK in corners of maps, contributing nothing to PVP or your team. Before you even dare answering it was because of premades, no, you threw in the towel for players that were trying to win. Please don't lecture anyone here about 'being better for PVP'.

If you are not suggesting they are the same, then do not treat them as analogous situations. The difference in attitudes for ranked and unranked are based on the difference in stakes. It is that simple.

Excuse me, but what have you done to make the PVP community a better place? I do not see you forming groups with people, creating pvp guilds, offering advice, offering encouragement, you just make spiteful remarks about premades and ranked players. In fact, I find it ironic that you are criticizing 'premades' for ruining the experience of other players in casual PVP, yet you constantly, in 6.0 stood AFK in corners of maps, contributing nothing to PVP or your team. Before you even dare answering it was because of premades, no, you threw in the towel for players that were trying to win. Please don't lecture anyone here about 'being better for PVP'.

If you are not suggesting they are the same, then do not treat them as analogous situations. The difference in attitudes for ranked and unranked are based on the difference in stakes. It is that simple.

Right, so now were getting personal? Guess i struck a nerve.

for the record the only times i EVER did that was when i got sick of the nonsense and didnt want to force someone else to get stuck in a bad match. So lol @ constantly. Better doesn't mean taking a beating so people can confuse advantage with skill. Other than that, i dont really care what you think of me, it changes nothing.

If you think you have the right to ruin another personas games, then they have the right to ruin yours... end of story.

You and a lot of other posters on these forums simply need to accept the fact that regs are fundamentally less important than ranked. That's how it works in this game, other games, and every other aspect of life (for instance, no one would compare a backyard tennis match to a wimbledon match).

Furthermore, someone coming into ranked totally unprepared is not comparable to someone damage farming in regs, because as others have pointed out, damage farming in regs is often useful, and in many cases essential to winning.

Here's another nugget of truth for you. You're the one with the wrong attitude here. If you hate facing premades, and if you want a more competitive solo experience...there's a game mode called solo ranked! And if you're too bad to do well in solo ranked, then just enjoy regs for what they are: casual pvp.

If you think you have the right to ruin another personas games, then they have the right to ruin yours... end of story.

Did you fail kindergarten? In what world do two wrongs make a right? And you want to lecture other people about having a bad attitude...

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Had a premade on my team today. They were all well geared and had pvp flair and everything. Then they spent the whole time off the objectives farming damage and we lost by a landslide. It was so bad I think they might have been win trading. Obviously playing ranked doesn't always translate well to warzones. Being in a premade doesn't make you any better and only sometimes does it make you more coordinated.

Right, so now were getting personal? Guess i struck a nerve.

for the record the only times i EVER did that was when i got sick of the nonsense and didnt want to force someone else to get stuck in a bad match. So lol @ constantly. Better doesn't mean taking a beating so people can confuse advantage with skill. Other than that, i dont really care what you think of me, it changes nothing.

You're right I took it personally when you said

While I'm not an angel, I at least attempt to give players more knowledge and encouragement in PVP so they have more confidence to keep playing PVP and eventually test themselves in ranked. It's a lot more productive than premades + ranked players = bad. You can lol all you want but at the end of the day, you have ruined just as many players experience in PVP as those "ranked players".

Also you should care what other people think of you, it's part of being in a community.

Edited by Csjbo

You and a lot of other posters on these forums simply need to accept the fact that regs are fundamentally less important than ranked. That's how it works in this game, other games, and every other aspect of life (for instance, no one would compare a backyard tennis match to a wimbledon match).

Not until all the win traders are permabanned. Yolo's will always be yolo que until then.

Not until all the win traders are permabanned. Yolo's will always be yolo que until then.

The existence of wintraders in ranked doesn't change the relative status of ranked to regs. Ranked is still the only game mode with stakes and actual competitiveness. I want wintraders banned as much as anyone, but they make up a small minority of the ranked playerbase.

Not to mention, there are people that queue regs and literally afk in a corner if they don't like the map, so it's not as if you can put regs on a pedestal lol

If you wanna play selfish, you have plenty of solo stuff to choose from, not to mention you can dps the **** out of your training dummy.

I already have, can I do it on you too?

That's what I find more fun and vastly more dynamic. Will you s-key? Will you stun me and then try to knock me back? Will you spam that node cap even though I'm parsing on you? We'll probably never know, that's why it's dynamic and not static like PvE. It's part of what keeps it lively and usually consistently enjoyable. There are other ways to play the game - while yes some are simply just new and or not trying. There are people that are, which I recommend trying to group with if you actually care about winning at the end of the day.

Anyway, it's just unreasonable to hold the average player to such high standards.

As someone who has played a lot of objective-focused games at the end of 1.0/start of 2.0 I would recommend playing off and around your team and only trying to be the playmaker if they're actually cooperative. Be the person they toss to instead of making them the person you toss to for example. It'll avoid a lot of consistent frustration.

Furthermore, someone coming into ranked totally unprepared is not comparable to someone damage farming in regs, because as others have pointed out, damage farming in regs is often useful, and in many cases essential to winning.

Here's another nugget of truth for you. You're the one with the wrong attitude here. If you hate facing premades, and if you want a more competitive solo experience...there's a game mode called solo ranked! And if you're too bad to do well in solo ranked, then just enjoy regs for what they are: casual pvp.

Did you fail kindergarten? In what world do two wrongs make a right? And you want to lecture other people about having a bad attitude...

This is pointless... and its why pvp is in the state its in.

The better players have this idea that no one else matters but them. What they want, how they want to play... the rest of us little more than dirt on their shoes to be farmed.

Well, when you have no one left to farm, youll know the answer.

This is pointless... and its why pvp is in the state its in.

The better players have this idea that no one else matters but them. What they want, how they want to play... the rest of us little more than dirt on their shoes to be farmed.

Well, when you have no one left to farm, youll know the answer.

What's really pointless is this melodrama. I barely play regs, because I enjoy ranked a lot more. When I do play regs, I play to win, meaning I almost always pay attention to the objectives. I have no use for number farming.

My contention is you trying to equate "ruining" a regs match with ruining a ranked match. And they are simply not comparable. I don't see how me pointing that out is killing pvp lol

What's really pointless is this melodrama. I barely play regs, because I enjoy ranked a lot more. When I do play regs, I play to win, meaning I almost always pay attention to the objectives. I have no use for number farming.

My contention is you trying to equate "ruining" a regs match with ruining a ranked match. And they are simply not comparable. I don't see how me pointing that out is killing pvp lol

To you, they are not the same, to those who do not play ranked, they are, and they matter. I should think thats obvious?

What else am i supposed to call good players in premades crashing regs and farming lesser players other than ruining it for those players? Why are those better players that claim to know so much about ranked, not playing ranked.

I know you to be a good player, i must admit im surprised to see you defending this.