remove the timer from planetary bonus missions

CasperTheLich

so, last week i was doing the nar'shaddaa bonus questline, got about half way through the whole thing hit my conquest goal with that character, and decided to finish it next week, well when logging back in i discovered that the missions timed out, and if i wanted to finish it i'd have to redo it from the very beginning... it was a mistake to include a timer with these missions. why, you ask? for a few reasons:

1) usually these missions are buggy to begin with, especially belsavis, and republic tatooine (this one is ridiculously broken) making them a pain to start with, add a mission timer and it's not even worth our time anymore

2) like the actual planetary mission, the bonus missions always have mission progression, you do all the mission this area here, move to the next camp, do those missions, move to the next location, that's time consuming and i don't usually do them in one sitting. sometimes i don't even do em in the same week.

3)most players see the bonus missions as a complete waste of time already, but this has actually made them a literal waste of time, which i have no desire to waste my time on with the missions being altered and left in their current state.

Edited by CasperTheLich

so, last week i was doing the nar'shaddaa bonus questline, got about half way through the whole thing hit my conquest goal with that character, and decided to finish it next week, well when logging back in i discovered that the missions timed out, and if i wanted to finish it i'd have to redo it from the very beginning... it was a mistake to include a timer with these missions. why, you ask? for a few reasons:

1) usually these missions are buggy to begin with, especially belsavis, and republic tatooine (this one is ridiculously broken) making them a pain to start with, add a mission timer and it's not even worth our time anymore

2) like the actual planetary mission, the bonus missions always have mission progression, you do all the mission this area here, move to the next camp, do those missions, move to the next location, that's time consuming and i don't usually do them in one sitting. sometimes i don't even do em in the same week.

3)most players see the bonus missions as a complete waste of time already, but this has actually made them a literal waste of time, which i have no desire to waste my time on with the missions being altered and left in their current state.

I totally agree and hope for the timer being removed from bonus series.

It's a daily / weekly (not sure which) *reset* rather than a timer. (It resets *at* a specific time(1) rather than *after* a specific time.)

That said, I also think that getting rid of it would be a good idea.

(1) The daily reset time of noon GMT, or the weekly reset time of noon GMT on Tuesdays.

I agree, the resets on the bonus missions should not be there.

I just redid all of them just before 7.0 dropped, and in a lot of cases I took longer than one week. I don't play one alt only for an extended period of time, I bounce around between alts. The 7.0 resets to dailies/weeklies seems designed to stop players flipping alts and I probably won't even bother starting the bonus missions with the current restrictions.

I would go further and say get rid of all the resets to dailies/weeklies (and making pve weeklies tied to group-finder). Those were QOL downgrades to me.

Priority should be, like the op points out, getting rid of the bonus mission resets due to the time needed to finish those. Getting rid of those resets is the least that bioware could to for players.

I want this removed also, it's one of the reasons I stopped playing, it forces me to rush through content which I don't want to do, at bare minimum they need to change the reset timer so that its not in the middle of the day here in the UK and that it resets say 6-7am.

I want this removed also, it's one of the reasons I stopped playing, it forces me to rush through content which I don't want to do, at bare minimum they need to change the reset timer so that its not in the middle of the day here in the UK and that it resets say 6-7am.

There isn't a good time of day for it. 6am UK time is the late afternoon / early evening in Australia, for example.

I agree.

I find all the auto-resets annoying, but the Bonus Series resets are inexcusable. How many casual players can play through a whole series in one week?

I often team with a friend who lives on another continent. Given the time difference, Saturday is the only day we can team & not every Saturday works. We'd be lucky to play through an entire Bonus Series in one month, much less one year. We had abandon the Tatooine bonus missions in mid-series because of the auto-reset.

In one fell swoop, the Devs made large chunks of content unplayable for casual subscribers.

There isn't a good time of day for it. 6am UK time is the late afternoon / early evening in Australia, for example.

Australian's tend to use the US servers do they not? I'm thinking staggered reset times per server region, so a 6am is time for EU servers and a more convenient timing for the US ones, I mean there isn't anything that says they all need to reset at exactly the same time.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Australian's tend to use the US servers do they not? I'm thinking staggered reset times per server region, so a 6am is time for EU servers and a more convenient timing for the US ones, I mean there isn't anything that says they all need to reset at exactly the same time.

There's a few wrinkles about patch schedules, since a skewed reset schedule would also mean a skewed patch schedule, which would cause problems for players who alternate between different sides of the Atlantic.