This Game is Massively Undervalued?

Addictress

I feel that EA is massively under-selling, under-marketing and under-investing in this game. Do they not see all the Disney shows and movies out there, like Andor, etc? Do they not see what they are sitting on? It's like infinite opportunities to cross-market, feed off the other shows' vibes or general interest. INFINITE opportunities.

And I'm actually completely sick of the Disney Star Wars movies and shows right now. Andor was pretty good, but otherwise, I'm tuning them out. Yet, IN SPITE of this over-exposure, I am still loving SWTOR because of how unique the experience is.

I finished the Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent stories. And now I'm playing through the Republic Smuggler story. It's so good! The experiences on each planet were completely different for each character! That's like dozens of different, huge stories. The amount of writing and detail is astounding. I'm amazed at what I missed out on 10 years ago and I bet other clueless gamers are, as well.

And yet I hear they're just sitting around, not hiring enough devs, throwing out small events or small packs of assets, instead of investing in continuing the huge class stories we love. *slams desk* WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Are you dumb?

The little comments here and there that this game is 'getting outdated' are absolute b/s. Look at WoW and all the other far older MMOs still going strong. god, when I look at the graphics in WoW, I puke. SWTOR looks beautiful. I don't get it.

I just feel like there should be way more attention being invested in this game. EA execs should be pumping more money into hiring writers, voice actors, devs, and then marketing it on every social media platform. Way, way more. I know it's over ten years old, but it's new to me, and I bet it's new to a lot of other 30-something babies, as well.

I know this is just a lazy post or whatever but it's just how I feel. A lazy post, but written by someone working in finance, might I mention. This is financial advice.

• Like 3

I feel this so much.

When on Reddit I get an ESO ad (boooring game) per meter but SWTOR? Zero.

The only "advertising" SWTOR has, is when their trailer get featured on IGN or so.

And the 5 content creators on youtube that get maybe 10 k views.

EA executives are probably like: we only advertise our newest and most money making games like FIFA. And the rest failed anyway - idk.

Oh man, this game has so incredibly much potential but EA probably pays the devs in McDonald coupons.

• Like 2

Game expansions are not sold like other mmos, so it's also unfair to pretend for as much content as other mmos until the expansions are being sold again. As for EA, there is really no incentive for them to invest or invest heavy on the game with how mobile games take 1/10 of the work a mmo does and some even make triple or quadruple earnings as games do. SWGOH the ea star wars mobile made around 1.4b dollars up until 2021 while swtor made around 1b last i heard. 

Mobile games are set to make $136b dollars this year while pc+consoles is set to do $86b.
As long as mobile games or gatcha mmo like genshin impact are not regulated for how they pray on human's weaknesses or branded +18 with all the gambling they have, gaming will be f***ed.

I would rather they invest and make expansions purchasable like other games to get like 2 ops an expansion and more content like before, but while devs might care about the game any company like EA just wants easy $$

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
Added a sentence